BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little Mix - Bounce Back, 22nd single • Steady are you ready?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Yousee
post Sep 25 2022, 01:38 PM
Post #581
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 129,076
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Sep 25 2022, 12:04 PM) *
This doesn't open. What was it?

LITTLE SWITCH Little Mix used secret body double of Jesy Nelson on single cover after she failed to show up.
THROUGHOUT their decade long careers Little Mix made everything look easy.

Which makes it even more impressive that they managed to pull off using fake Jesy Nelson in one of their music videos after she failed to turn up on set.
The Sweet Melody singers drafted in a double for the single art of their 2019 single Bounce Back and in the accompanying vertical music video after the singer was a no show.

I can reveal stressed record label bosses were forced to hold a crisis meeting before cooking up a plan to dupe fans and try and carry on as normal.

With Jesy nowhere to be seen the decision was made that Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock would pose for the art with their backs to the camera and a fourth person was drafted in to take on the role of Jesy.

A source said: "Little Mix video shoots were always stressful for the girls due to the pressure of having to look perfect on camera but Bounce Back was a new level.

"Jade, Leigh-Anne and Perrie were all ready on set waiting for Jesy and the next thing they were told was that she wasn't coming.

No one really knew what to do so bosses quickly called a meeting to try and come up with a plan.

In the end it was decided Jesy could film her part in the video at a later date and a fake Jesy would be used for the single art.

"No one felt comfortable about tricking fans but everyone agreed it was for the best and would keep the truth top secret."

A spokesperson said: "Jesy missed that particular filming day because she was feeling unwell."

Jesy previously spoke frankly about her hating music videos in her Odd One Out BBC Documentary - admitting she wasn't happy with the main Bounce Back video.

Jesy said: "I know people look up to popstars like us and feel under pressure to look as good as we do in our music videos but that's after hours and hours of hair and make-up and lighting.

"Personally, I still feel a lot of pressure to look good all the time. I have never ever liked doing music videos. If you don't feel good it is really hard to pretend to feel amazing."

THE SUN SEPTEMBER 22ND, 2022

This post has been edited by Yousee: Sep 25 2022, 01:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Perriechu
post Sep 26 2022, 01:23 PM
Post #582
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 109,885
   No Gallery Pics

Given what Jesy was going through at that specific time, I can understand why she didn't want to show up, even what she had to wear was quite revealing (for someone with body issues that is)

It's weird how the article seems like it tries to rehabilitate her image a bit but the title seems like an attack lol oh well

+Quote Post
shadow2009
post Sep 26 2022, 06:33 PM
Post #583
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,059

'crisis meeting' for artwork for a single cover? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM