BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will Jesy ever be welcomed back?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-0-0
post 13th May 2022, 07:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

l
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 13th May 2022, 08:03 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I feel like this depends on how long their hiatus is and how successful all four careers are outside of the group.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 13th May 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I think one day yes, but not any time soon though. I think if a reunion happens within the next 2-3 years no, but if there is a longer break yes.

The four of them were insanely close and i'm sure if they ever met again one on one they'd probably cry and make up (after things are addressed). Their bond and sisterhood was undeniable and it's such a shame how things turned out. I think what made it hard was that Jesy was obviously not the easiest to work with because of her insecurities and Jesy has now said loudly a lot of her issues were with their team, so it makes me think Jade, Perrie and Leigh were doing all they could but were in the middle and Jesy was just being 'too difficult' for them as she could not cope with whatever was going on. It'd be interesting to hear what really officially happened back then...I think them not speaking with eachother after she left probably made it worse and other people getting into each other's ears led to things getting messier.

Like you said Geri returned to the Spice Girls, Robbie returned to Take That, Steps reformed, Charlie re-joined Busted, Kerry Katona weirdly returned to Atomic Kitten (thankfully to now leave and bring back Jenny), Girls Aloud not getting on with Sarah/Nadine to then getting back together and becoming friends again, the whole Sugababes saga and much more.

I think time is a healer and I genuinely believe no matter what has happened they still care about eachother. Little Mix as a trio are great but for me, personally Little Mix will always be a four and all four made them the success they are today. I know a lot of you will say you prefer them as a trio, which is fine but things are still quite fresh and there is understandably anger.

I wish Jesy could have stayed and been there for this final run but it's a lot to tell someone to stay in a situation where they are unhappy and their boss/team make them uncomfortable for another two years, that's a long time. Like would you stay in a job where you're struggling and the people around you (the team, not the girls) make you feel uncomfortable and unsupported? I think if the Confetti tour went ahead when it was originally supposed to Jesy would have stayed and then left afterwards, I think it was clear they were always supposed to end after Confetti/the 10 year anniversary.

I'd hate for there to be a moment where god forbid Jesy or one of the other girl passed away and they were not on good terms, that's why i'm so happy that GA made amends before Sarah passed away.

Imagine one day in the future trio mix returned and it was a different line-up as one of them wanted to focus on their other venture. I wouldn't even cross that off as a possibility, for example we could have a Perrie, Jade and Jesy line-up or Jesy, Jade and Leigh-Anne, we've seen similar things with other groups.

I personally would like a four-piece reunion one day, but I don't see it any time soon. Even if they don't reunite as a 4, i'd at least hope they could make amends.

Heck, i'll support Little Mix in any form.

I hope we can keep this a relatively peaceful thread and have discussions with eachother and not arguments and try to respect one another and their opinion (along as their opinion is respectful in itself).

This post has been edited by Slayer: 13th May 2022, 08:25 PM

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 13th May 2022, 08:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

I hope she is someday.

I know it’s easy to hate on her and disregard her as a joke these days and it’s understandable why, but I do think she was a key part in Little Mix’s success, and if she gets her act together and apologises/changes then I would like to think she could.

I’m saying that, I’m not sure she would ever like to. I know the fan base have painted the picture that Jesy is in exile right now while the other three are thriving but she seems happy and I’m not sure she would ever like to go back.

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 13th May 2022, 08:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I doubt it. I can’t see Leigh or Jade forgiving her actions. It isn’t a case of egos or whatnot getting in the way like Robbie, Geri, Cheryl/Nadine. This is deeper than that.

This post has been edited by Yobnedor: 13th May 2022, 08:57 PM

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 13th May 2022, 08:59 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

If she apologises then yeah, I could see them eventually letting her back.

However it's been about 8 months since most of Britain tried to educate her about blackfishing and get her to change her ways and she's still treating black people as a fetish on Instagram, looking darker than ever and doing Jamaican accents.

I personally never want to see her back. Keep her out. The other girls are fantastic without her.

EDIT - I feel like comparing her to Geri's departure downplays the severity of Jesy's actions. This wasn't some pathetic chart battle or dissing someone else's single or making a catty comment in an interview - this was Leigh-Anne (a new mother to twins) being bullied and targeted by Nicki Minaj and her demonic barbs on social media while Jesy laughed and encouraged it. Her social media was flooded with insults and threats and Nicki was relentlessly targeting her. I feel like that's something you just don't ever forget. There's nothing 'showbiz' or 'pop star' about that. That was a human being being harassed by thousands of people. It was extremely upsetting.

This post has been edited by shadow2009: 13th May 2022, 09:03 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th May 2022, 09:02 PM
Post #7
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

I don’t see her next single doing anything tbh

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 13th May 2022, 09:21 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ May 13 2022, 09:59 PM) *
EDIT - I feel like comparing her to Geri's departure downplays the severity of Jesy's actions. This wasn't some pathetic chart battle or dissing someone else's single or making a catty comment in an interview - this was Leigh-Anne (a new mother to twins) being bullied and targeted by Nicki Minaj and her demonic barbs on social media while Jesy laughed and encouraged it. Her social media was flooded with insults and threats and Nicki was relentlessly targeting her. I feel like that's something you just don't ever forget. There's nothing 'showbiz' or 'pop star' about that. That was a human being being harassed by thousands of people. It was extremely upsetting.

I'm not here for hypocrisy, please don't say stuff like this when Leigh DM'd influencers to make negative videos about Jesy (which would lead to floods of insults/threats - but I think by your logic it's only fine if it happens to Jesy). Imagine the absolute uproar if Jesy did that, she's being attacked for being quiet and for laughing, be thankful she didn't say anything bad about the girls.

Would you defend an ex friend when they've been messaging influencers? No you wouldn't. In numerous interviews she said how much the girls were killing it as a trio and were the best band in the world. Not here for the constant villainization of her just because it is 'cool' or because some people are suddenly 'woke'.

Also in regards to 'black fishing', it's interesting how none of these now 'loud' fans did not speak up back then or were this angry considering she's had this complexion for an extremely long time. I'd appreciate my comments are heard and listened to, as a POC myself, however I seem to see on twitter and forums it's a lot on non-poc that have an issue with her. I know a lot of other fellow POC that see no issues with Jesy. Jesy looks like most essex/geordie girls or anyone on reality tv, oddly enough people aren't this angry at the Kardashians or Ariana. Also Leigh is still fine with her best friend Gabrielle, who by your standards is also a 'blackfish', so it's odd and seems to only be a problem when someone you dislike does it.

I do however think she should be mindful as there are some people that are genuinely offended and she should take more care going forward.

I'm not saying Jesy is perfect AT ALL as she should learn from everything but some mixers need to chill. I literally yesterday saw a fake account of Jesy's nan that recently passed away with 7k followers spamming Jesy with comments/tags saying the most hateful things and saying she's still alive.

I kindly ask that you do not respond so we do not derail, i'm happy for you to DM me instead if you wish to continue.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 13th May 2022, 09:23 PM

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 13th May 2022, 09:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

Interesting viewpoints!
I really don't know.
Part of me thinks anything is possible. But again, sometimes, the deeper the friendship/bond, the more painful the betrayal is, and the more difficult it is the forgive and let go.
The hurt in that message Leigh sent to Nohun is palpable and deep, and I think it's so much more than the blackfishing.

Geri and Mel B/Spice Girls made up, and I think their story is the most similar to Little Mix's. She left on Mel's birthday, in the middle of their tour, and without informing her bandmates. Their sisterhood was actually a bit similar to Little Mix's as well. However, Geri made the efforts towards reconciliation. She visited each of the girls one-by-one, and asked for forgiveness. They're still sore about it - they kept referencing it in 2019 during their last tour.
Geri was always about the smartest of the girls. Would Jesy be smart enough to rebuild the bridge? Difficult to guess.
Never say never, regardless.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 13th May 2022, 09:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Yousee @ May 13 2022, 10:33 PM) *
Interesting viewpoints!
I really don't know.
Part of me thinks anything is possible. But again, sometimes, the deeper the friendship/bond, the more painful the betrayal is, and the more difficult it is the forgive and let go.
The hurt in that message Leigh sent to Nohun is palpable and deep, and I think it's so much more than the blackfishing.

Geri and Mel B/Spice Girls made up, and I think their story is the most similar to Little Mix's. She left on Mel's birthday, in the middle of their tour, and without informing her bandmates. Their sisterhood was actually a bit similar to Little Mix's as well. However, Geri made the efforts towards reconciliation. She visited each of the girls one-by-one, and asked for forgiveness. They're still sore about it - they kept referencing it in 2019 during their last tour.
Geri was always about the smartest of the girls. Would Jesy be smart enough to rebuild the bridge? Difficult to guess.
Never say never, regardless.

I agree with you, I think it is deeper than we think and not based on one thing.

I really hope Jesy shows growth in the future and makes an effort to learn and make amends, if she or they don't that's on them. Aslong as they are all happy doing their own separate things.

I think it just hurts me to think a four-piece reunion will never happen as their friendship was so solid and real, it's devastating to know they're not friends anymore, they all went through so much together, i'd love a full circle moment one day.

I know the GP are loving Trio Mix at the moment but we know what they are like and they'll be wanting an original line-up reunion one day. They'll be successful, no matter what happens, three piece or four piece. Alsong as they don't come back as a 2 piece like S Club 2 with just Bradley and Tina laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 13th May 2022, 09:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

QUOTE(Slayer @ May 13 2022, 09:41 PM) *
I agree with you, I think it is deeper than we think and not based on one thing.

I really hope Jesy shows growth in the future and makes an effort to learn and make amends, if she or they don't that's on them. Aslong as they are all happy doing their own separate things.

I think it just hurts me to think a four-piece reunion will never happen as their friendship was so solid and real, it's devastating to know they're not friends anymore, they all went through so much together, i'd love a full circle moment one day.

I know the GP are loving Trio Mix at the moment but we know what they are like and they'll be wanting an original line-up reunion one day. They'll be successful, no matter what happens, three piece or four piece. Alsong as they don't come back as a 2 piece like S Club 2 with just Bradley and Tina laugh.gif

Lol 2-piece would be Orion not Little Mix haha 😆

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th May 2022, 10:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I think it's possible, look at Robbie and Take That and Steps, I feel tge fallout in both were bigger than Little Mix so never say never.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th May 2022, 11:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

What happened in Steps? I genuinely think this situation was worse, either way?

"Never say never" but it's definitely going to be longer than people assume. I don't think it'll be the first time they reunite if she does join. This won't be a 1D/*Nsync thing where one of them gets too big to do a reunion even if the others are ready and I agree it's a lot deeper than we're being led to believe. However, it could happen in the future and I think it'll just depend on whether they apologise to each other or whatever.

+Quote this post
shindymindy
post 14th May 2022, 10:13 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,021

I don’t think it will happen and honestly after seeing the 3 of them yesterday, Jesy is not missed in terms of stage dynamic / performances.
They were phenomenal last night.

Yes Jesy brought a lot to the table and helped make Little Mix what it is today, but it was her choice to leave.
She wanted to see what life was like out of Little Mix so she needs to stick with her decision.

I also think bridges have been too burnt now. It would be too awkward.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 14th May 2022, 10:32 AM
Post #15
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

I’d be near 100% certain she would never come back.

She’s been essentially completely bought out of LM as a brand. Everything that has gone down - Zero chance even in 10 years!

If things had ended more amicably then yes but I just can’t see it.

I know other bands have had fallouts etc but I do feel like she picked her time ‘wisely’ and jumped ship to try and get ahead before the other girls went solo....(Obviously backfired but still)

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: 14th May 2022, 10:35 AM

+Quote this post
BREAKTHETENSION
post 14th May 2022, 10:49 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 5,648

I would be surprised if Jesy rejoined. The main reason being - the majority of LM fans have turned on her and wouldn’t want her back in the group. It would really come down to if Leigh-Anne and Jesy could repair their relationship during the hiatus as the fans would want Leigh-Anne’s approval before Jesy could rejoin.

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 14th May 2022, 11:00 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
User: 3,033

I’m so surprised so many of you think Jesy would come back, let alone be invited back!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 14th May 2022, 11:54 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

There will come a point where she'll need them more than they need her, I can't exactly see her solo ventures going places. I'm not convinced they'd allow her back with everything still being so raw, maybe in like 15 years for a reunion or something when enough time has passed.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 14th May 2022, 05:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I can imagine there'll come a time where Jesy will reflect on her actions and come to value her friendships with the girls and the memories they made more than her fake tan, but I think it'll have to take a significant conversation between Jesy and the other three (notably Jade and Leigh-Anne of course) for the wounds to start healing so I can't see it being in the near future (relatively speaking when LM are going on hiatus). Time can heal things, it's clear from bands like All Saints who fell out famously but are best friends and have returned to music on their own terms over the past 6 or so years, but the race factor cuts deeper undoubtedly so there will have to be some remorse shown from Jesy first if she wants to rejoin.

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 14th May 2022, 09:45 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

I cannot see the girls forgiving her in the near future. I also would love to see a couple of albums with them as a trio, before even thinking about having her back. She is at the core of the lot of the issues in the past and if they succeed even more without her, why have her back?

Agree with the comment that time is a healer, maybe in 10 years once they've grown and want to tour as a four piece for an anniversary or something but I don't think anytime soon and let's be honest, it's not like Jesy's career is going to go anywhere so she needed them more than they need her. She shouldn't have burnt all bridges and should've left the door open and handled things a lot more gracefully imo.

I say give them three albums as a trio and then possibly, but if she's not back to conquer and succeed as a group, then I'd rather they continue as a three.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:25 PM