BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beguiled, 14 July 2017 | Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst, Colin Farrell
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Apr 9 2017, 07:17 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Directed by Sofia Coppola of Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette fame. This looks like it could be SO good imo and the cast is fab too, really buzzed!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Severin
post Apr 9 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #2
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

The original is great so this has a lot to live up to but it looks promising

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Apr 20 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #3
c:

Trailer is a bit spoiler-y but this just looks soo good, I am HYPED!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 17 2017, 08:55 AM
Post #4
c:

I really enjoyed this, 90 minutes was a great run time to have because it felt really well paced even in the slower moments in the film which definitely worked in its favour - it would probably have risked being boring if it was any longer but I was thoroughly entertained for the whole film, especially in the more campy, over-the-top scenes (the leg breaking the second time especially was just so dramatic heehee.gif) laugh.gif I loved watching the love square develop and the ending had such a great pay-off, the final act was so exciting. The whole cast did a good job but Kidman was probably my favourite, Dunst is always under-rated though sad.gif

Also, I was living for the humour in this. Some of my favourite moments were Kidman shading Dunst and asking her to put her shawl on, Kidman's LOOK when Farrell was choking and all the girls fighting over ownership of the apple pie just to impress him laugh.gif

+Quote Post
post Jul 17 2017, 09:05 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Film of the year for me. I loved the gender politics and how the flipped the typical male gaze into the the female gaze. The entrie film had a very unique point of view and was beautifully filmed and acted. Dunst and Kidman were magnificent.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jul 20 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #6
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Yeah I agree with Josh that the runtime was just right for it to avoid overstaying its welcome, it was a fine watch but not the most exciting movie and I don't think it'll end up being very memorable for me. I liked it when they were camping it up though and was enjoying it more towards the end from roughly the point where he tumbled down the stairs

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 AM