BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ultimate Pop Female 2015 - RESULTS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Aug 18 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

These 98 ladies form our top 98, but after all your votes which order do they fall in? Will Britney retain her crown for the second consectutive year? Results start in 10 minutes and conclude on Thursday.

Aaliyah
Adele
Alanis Morissette
Alesha Dixon
Alexandra Burke
Alicia Keys
Amy Winehouse
Anastacia
Ariana Grande
Avril Lavigne
BANKS
Beverley Knight
Beyoncé
Britney Spears
Carly Rae Jepsen
Carrie Underwood
Celine Dion
Charli XCX
Cheryl
Christina Aguilera
Ciara
Dannii Minogue
Debbie Harry
Delta Goodrem
Demi Lovato
Diana Vickers
Ella Eyre
Ella Henderson
Ellie Goulding
Emeli Sandé
Fergie
Florence & the Machine
Foxes
Gabrielle Aplin
Gwen Stefani
Hayley Williams
Hilary Duff
Idina Menzel
Iggy Azalea
Inna
Janelle Monáe
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jess Glynne
Jessie J
Jessie Ware
Jhené Aiko
Jordin Sparks
Katy B
Katy Perry
Ke$ha
Kelis
Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Rowland
Kylie Minogue
La Roux
Lady Gaga
Lana Del Rey
Lena
Leona Lewis
Lily Allen
Little Boots
Lorde
Loreen
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Marina & the Diamonds
Mary J. Blige
Meghan Trainor
Melanie C
Miley Cyrus
Natalie Imbruglia
Natalie La Rose
Nelly Furtado
Nicki Minaj
Nicole Scherzinger
P!nk
Paloma Faith
Pixie Lott
Rachel Platten
Rachel Stevens
Rebecca Ferguson
Rihanna
Rita Ora
Robyn
Selena Gomez
Shakira
Shania Twain
Sia
Sofi Marinova
Solange
Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Taylor Swift
Tina Turner
Tinashe
Tove Lo
Whitney Houston
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 18 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Alanis Morisslay to win tbh.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Aug 18 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #3
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

I'd obviously love a Leona win but out of the major contenders (Rih, Brit, Madonna, Katy, Beyonce) I'd want a Rihanna win.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Aug 18 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #4
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

98 Rachel Platten (56pts // 3 votes)
97 Lena (71pts // 3 votes)
96 Natalie La Rose (72pts // 3 votes)
95 BANKS (77pts // 6 votes)
94 Gabrielle Aplin (86pts // 4 votes)
93 Idina Menzel (90pts // 5 votes)
92 Janelle Monae (92pts // 5 votes)
91 Rebecca Ferguson (96pts // 6 votes)

Kicking off this thing is US piano-pop singer Rachel Platten, currently enjoying a huge worldwide smash with Fight Song - a potential UK #1 in the coming weeks maybe. She is also known for her BJSC winning song 1000 Ships.
Eurovision winner Lena has had steady success on Buzzjack since 2010, and her recent album Crystal Sky seems to be keeping that up as she just about clings to a place in this countdown.
Newcomer NatalinaRose enjoyed a breakout hit with Somebody earlier this year (which also went top 5 for Jayrusalem in BJSC) and she about to release her follow-up All Around The World in the UK while working on her debut album. Potentially one to watch for a considerable climb in 2016?
BANKS had a lot of hype around her debut release but commercially sadly has yet to take off. However, she has enough support on Buzzjack to make it to this final so yay for her.
Gabrielle Aplin was launched to fame with her #1 hit The Power Of Love in 2012, and since then she has released an album and is about to release another. To add to that, she is 94th here thanks to fans of quirky voiced singer-songwriters banding together, slay.
Idina Menzel screeches the competition away, largely thanks to her role in Frozen which spawned a megahit in Let It Go. That, or people are fans of her Glee character Shelby *.*
Janelle Monae hasn't released an album for a couple of years, but her 2015 single Yoga saw her branch out to a more trap infuenced hip-hop sound and besides, her 2010 album The ArchAndroid is still hugely critically acclaimed and a favourite for many.
Finishing this section is the runner-up of 2010's series of The X Factor, Rebecca Ferguson, who was on my bedroom wall for about 3 years (highlight of her career). Sadly, her most recent album was just a Nina Simone covers album.

+Quote Post
Hayzayy
post Aug 18 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #6
Who's Daniel btw ?
Member No.: 1,804
   No Gallery Pics

Can the previous position be included? It's very interesting to track the progression. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!

90 Inna (102pts // 5 votes)
89 Hilary Duff (103pts /// 7 votes)
88 Beverley Knight (110pts // 5votes)
87 Tina Turner (118pts // 6 votes)
86 Iggy Azalea (120pts // 7 votes)
85 Mary J Blige (120pts // 7 votes)
84 Ella Eyre (130pts // 7 votes)
83 Alanis Morissette (132pts // 7 votes)
82 Dannii Minogue (137pts // 9 votes)
81 Meghan Trainor (138pts // 9 votes)

Romanian dance queen Inna kicks off this section. She's only achieved a few UK hits but is a big star in mainland Europe and racks up millions upon millions of views on Youtube. She recently released her new album which features summer anthem We Wanna.
One of the original Disney queens, Hilary Duff had a few UK hits in the mid 00s. She recently returned after an 8 year break between albums with Breathe In Breathe Out, which has actually been one of the best of the year.
Beverley Knight hasn't been heard of too much on the music scene recently, but she has some tunes and a fanbase clearly. Her forum still having Buzzjack impact *.*
Tina Turner is one of music's undisputable legends, who I expect a lot of us will have grew up hearing through parents, I expect she'll have a place on this for years to come.
Iggy Azalea is one of the most talked about artists of the last year or so, usually for the wrong reasons.... She does have some tunes but isn't the most talented and gets quite a flack. But I expected her to be higher, I feel like 86th is a quite embarrassing showing for her?!
Mary J Blige is a legend of R&B, often touted as queen of hip-hop soul, so I imagine she'd have sweeped high votes from a few people who love that kind of thing. She's had steady commercial success for years now, and recently released her album The London Sessions with help from the likes of Disclosure.
Ella Eyre is STILL yet to release her debut album Feline, and she's still chasing that elusive solo top 10. Her next single Good Times, released soon, seems like her last chance really. Maybe by the 2016 edition of this Feline might have actually been released!
Alanis Morissette broke records that are still untouched with Jagged Little Pill 20 years ago, and is still an angst queen now. Her last album was 3 years ago, but she is working on new material right now, including a special re-recording of JLP.
Dannii Minogue lives in Kylie's shadow, poor ha. It's especially true here, where she only gets to #82 while Kylie was last year's top 10! Whether her sister keeps that up is yet to be seen. Dannii herself is working on new "music" as well as judging her 3rd series of The X Factor in Australia.
Finishing this section is booty queen Meghan Trainor, who currently sits at #1 in the UK alongside Charlie Puth. She shot to fame with her debut All About That Bass and also scored a UK #1 album, "doing a Katy Perry" in the process by breaking out of being the one hit wonder we all expected.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

Sorry the results are a bit slow tonight, there's one more set coming and I didn't have time to do write ups today, I'm doing the rest later on or tomorrow morning so they'll be done in time tongue.gif

QUOTE(Hayzayy @ Aug 18 2015, 09:11 PM) *
Can the previous position be included? It's very interesting to track the progression. smile.gif

I'll do the full countdown with "chart runs" included after the whole thing tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 18 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #9
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Alanis too low cry.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 18 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #10
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Idina *.* heart.gif

+Quote Post
Stuart25
post Aug 18 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 20,697
   No Gallery Pics

If Kylie can't win (which she probably won't), I'm fully behind Britney to get it smile.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 18 2015, 09:49 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

Waiting for M Train to drop album two and prove you wrong about one hit wonder kink.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

80 Little Boots (142pts // 7 votes)
79 Diana Vickers (143pts // 6 votes)
78 Debbie Harry (146pts // 6 votes)
77 Jennifer Hudson (146pts // 11 votes)
76 Alesha Dixon (148pts // 9 votes)
75 Jhene Aiko (149pts // 8 votes)
74 Sofi Marinova (151pts // 6 votes)
73 Foxes (154pts // 6 votes)
72 Kelly Rowland (161pts // 13 votes)
71 Jordin Sparks (165pts // 11 votes)

Little Boots released her third album Working Girl recently, but it was a dip commercially (again) and didn't get a good reception on here either... Still, she manages a respectable 80th.
Diana Vickers is a favourite of our very own mod Ryan, but his stanning could only take her so far kink.gif This is 2 places lower than her last charting single Cinderella magic.gif
Debbie Harry is known primarily as the frontwoman of the iconic band Blondie, but she also had a solo career. I expect it's Blondie most/all of you are fond of - everyone loves a bit of Heart Of Glass, Call Me and Maria <3
Jennifer Hudson is one of the most successful American Idol contestants despite coming only 7th - she's even won an Oscar! She also has arguably one of the most powerful voices of our generation so it's no wonder she has fans on here.
Alesha Dixon's star is fading musically, but she's just judged yet another series of Britain Got Talent and had the power to veto her own single from charting because it was going to flop embarrassingly. Anyway, The Boy Is Nothing remains a career smashing classic tbh.
Jhene Aiko is farily new on the scene, but is hugely critically acclaimed with her smooth R&B. I'm surprised she was this high but she could one to watch to climb a bit higher soon maybe?
Sofi Marinova... yeah. She's on this list we'll leave it there.
Foxes is only 73rd, which will sadden her resident loons Cam/Nelly </3 She had a solid first era and is gearing up to release her second album after slaying all pop fans with its lead single Body Talk.
The second most relevant Destiny's Child (such a feat) makes it to #72, wd Kelly Rowland *.* She started off as more successful than Beyonce until Beyonce released her debut album in 2003, but Kelly still has racked up various tunes and hits since then and done ok for herself. YOU PUT IT DOWN BABY GIRL on X Factor being the highlight of her career ofc x
Finally for this section, American Idol winner Jordin Sparks is 71st despite nobody caring about her imminent new album because her style is too different to suit her </3). The power of her amaze first two albums and her earth shattering classic Battlefield is clearly too much to hold back *.*

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 19 2015, 05:09 AM
Post #14
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Foxes ha flop

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 19 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #15
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

f***! Something compelled me to click on the Alanis link. Had forgotten about 'Uninvited' for YEARS.

God bless.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 19 2015, 08:35 AM
Post #16
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Stuart25 @ Aug 18 2015, 05:45 PM) *
If Kylie can't win (which she probably won't), I'm fully behind Britney to get it smile.gif

You're a smart man, Stuart.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 19 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #17
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Sean. @ Aug 18 2015, 10:49 PM) *
Waiting for M Train to drop album two and prove you wrong about one hit wonder kink.gif

But A) the comment says she's broken away from being a one hit wonder and B) everyone knows she's not, soooo... ?

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Aug 19 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

You skipped out a review on Jennifer Hudson poor Jennifer sad.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 19 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Aug 19 2015, 02:14 PM) *
You skipped out a review on Jennifer Hudson poor Jennifer sad.gif tongue.gif

I did write her up, I just didn't bold her name kink.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 19 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #20
Brown cow, stunning!

70 La Roux (178pts // 10 votes)
69 Pixie Lott (180pts // 11 votes)
68 Natalie Imbruglia (203pts // 15 votes)
67 Rachel Stevens (204pts // 10 votes)
66 Hayley Williams (205pts // 7 votes)
65 Solange (208pts // 10 votes)
64 Carrie Underwood (218pts // 7 votes)
63 Lorde (220pts // 8 votes)
62 Celine Dion (227pts // 10 votes)
61 Delta Goodrem (228 // 10 votes)

La Roux released her second album in 2014, and whilst to me it wasn't as good as their first and it failed to capture the same commercial success, she manages to make the top 70 here.
Pixie Lott's biggest fan Lee Wallace sadly has less success here than in everything else, she finishes 68 places lower than he has in everything on Buzzjack recently. *insert lad joke about Pixie being at 69*
Sorry but who are you? Natalie Imbruglia is an irrelevant Aussie female, surprisingly one who I don't stan ohmy.gif She's not done much in the 10s until releasing her latest album Male, aside from judge Australian X Factor in 2010 (and an iconic guest judging spot in the UK version in the same year where she oversaw Ablisa's performance) but she's a firm favourite for many on here clearly.
Rachel Stevens' solo career is the one good thing to come out of S Club 7 x All she's done recently is judge The Voice in Ireland but her 2005 album Come & Get It has always an outstanding critical reception for an album by a floppy ex pop group member and clearly has a lasting impact.
Hayley Williams is the frontwoman of Paramore, but has had solo forays with guest appearances on songs by Zedd and B.o.B.. I thought she'd be a bit higher, she certainly deserves it as the very talented frontwoman of one the best bands in the world.
Solange lives in the shadow of her sister, Dannii Minogue teas ~ But she makes a decent indent here despite a lack of commercial success, I know Losing You is very well received here, as it should be <3
Carrie Underwood is a country queen, and also the most successful Idol winner in the US alongside Kelly Clarkson. She's racked up millions upon millions of album sales and a record number of country chart hits, but only recently broke into the UK with her 2012 album Blown Away peaking at #11. A new era is coming v soon too *.*
Lorde is around the same age as a lot of us, except unlike us she achieved a 9 week US #1 at the age of 16... She's quite pretentious and up hersef as a person I find, but her album was very solid.
Celine Dion is one of the best voices ever, and one of music's most iconic females, so she'll probably always have a place here. She was the firsr ever female to score two million sellers in the 90s, fun fact.
Finishing this section is one of Australia's biggest local artists of the 00s. Delta Goodrem had brief success in the UK (Innocent Eyes is 3x platinum) but she's just racked up her 9th Australian #1 nearly 13 years after her first and possesses one of the top 5 biggest selling albums in Australian history. She's also in a rivalry with Jessie J on The Voice at the moment, which is making for amazing viewing *.* "DONE WITH THIS SHIT", queen.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:25 AM