BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

92 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - Chart Runs & Sales Thread: UK, Group & Solo | 4xPlat: Wannabe, 2xPlat: Say You'll Be There
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sammy01
post 11th February 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 11 2019, 11:58 AM) *
Greatest Hits placed at #164 on Friday! happy.gif 868 sales last week, 573,488 total. Didn't chart in the Top 100s of the Physical, Sales or Download charts this week.

~

Finally got around to adding some Melanie C singles chart runs. I've added When You're Gone and the five Northern Star singles so far! More to be added soon~

Wont be hard to do her chart runs 8n the UK post NS, most things have barely done 2 weeks on the charts since then teresa.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 11th February 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #262
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 11 2019, 09:25 PM) *
Wont be hard to do her chart runs 8n the UK post NS, most things have barely done 2 weeks on the charts since then teresa.gif

kink.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 15th February 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #263
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 4 2019, 12:28 PM) *
Yeah even something like that would be better than what we have right now... They did do some posting of that kind around the Xmas singles anniversaries, so hopefully more and better would be done.. They could literally put links to the Spotify/iTunes argh.

Anyway, lets keep replying to their stories/insta posts with this kind of thing and make sure they know they need a new strategy lol

Looks like someone has been reading this, they did a feature on Spice Valentine's songs on their Insta stories yesterday, linking to the This Is Spice Girls playlist on Spotify

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 15th February 2019, 10:50 AM
Post #264
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The valentine's playlist was a step in the right direction only it had some ridiculous song choices. Love thing? the song about not wanting a guy, TLC waterfalls?

Maybe they will just turn it into a 90s playlist after Valentine's day.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 18th February 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #265
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Greatest Hits climbed to #157 this week! This is its 15th week in the Top 200 since it reentered in November 2018, which is its longest unbroken stretch in the chart! It only managed 14 weeks in its original 2007/8 chart run.

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 19th February 2019, 03:37 AM
Post #266
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

I read on chartplus sheet that first position of Bag it up was the promo. So your guess it is correct!

I think you should include all the uk charts in this topic like alternative, phisical, airplay and so on..

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th February 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #267
Group icon

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Feb 19 2019, 03:37 AM) *
I read on chartplus sheet that first position of Bag it up was the promo. So your guess it is correct!

Good to know! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Feb 19 2019, 03:37 AM) *
I think you should include all the uk charts in this topic like alternative, phisical, airplay and so on..

Hopefully someday I'll get around to this, although I might open a different thread for these so it doesn't get too cluttered. I wish it was easier to check on Official Charts Company for physical chart runs, I haven't checked them for a long time so I'm not sure if anything Spice Girls related has randomly reentered in recent years.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 19th February 2019, 09:36 PM
Post #268
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Didn't Desire randomly re-enter a couple of years ago on the physical singles chart, which was obviously 1 copy sold.

+Quote this post
gabry
post 20th February 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #269
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 69,769

Jay can you know the sales of the second week in top 10 of the single northern star of mel c? or have your estimate? Thank you smile.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th February 2019, 02:16 PM
Post #270
Group icon

Oops I forgot to include that! It sold a rather impressive 46,000 to be #9 in its second week.

+Quote this post
gabry
post 20th February 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #271
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Ahah Jay do not worry, yes it 's true I never thought he had sold 46,000 incredible I thought it was 20,000 copies! thank you!!! smile.gif

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 21st February 2019, 06:20 AM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 19 2019, 05:59 PM) *
Good to know! biggrin.gif
Hopefully someday I'll get around to this, although I might open a different thread for these so it doesn't get too cluttered. I wish it was easier to check on Official Charts Company for physical chart runs, I haven't checked them for a long time so I'm not sure if anything Spice Girls related has randomly reentered in recent years.

If you want I can help!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd February 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #273
Group icon

QUOTE(Babyboy @ Feb 21 2019, 06:20 AM) *
If you want I can help!

That would be great! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd February 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #274
Group icon

Finished Melanie C's singles section! http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5795674

So many singles not charting cry.gif

Wasn't really sure what to include on her page and what to exclude. unsure.gif

I haven't included: Let's Love, First Day of My Life, The Moment You Believe, Understand, Rock Me, Let There Be Love or Let's Groove, given that this is a UK charts topic, and all of these singles aren't considered as being UK releases (although I'd say Rock Me is a bit of a grey area considering it was actually released to UK download stores~).

I've included: I Don't Know How to Love Him & Numb (I've noted them as being promotional singles) & Cosmic Shower (noting it as being a charity single). I've also included Cool as You, as well as all of the Version of Me singles. None of these songs charted in the UK official singles chart.

The thing is, I'm wondering whether I should just remove these "did not chart" moments. Maybe this page should only be focusing on what actually charted?

+Quote this post
gabry
post 22nd February 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #275
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 22 2019, 06:41 PM) *
Finished Melanie C's singles section! http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5795674

So many singles not charting cry.gif

Wasn't really sure what to include on her page and what to exclude. unsure.gif

I haven't included: Let's Love, First Day of My Life, The Moment You Believe, Understand, Rock Me, Let There Be Love or Let's Groove, given that this is a UK charts topic, and all of these singles aren't considered as being UK releases (although I'd say Rock Me is a bit of a grey area considering it was actually released to UK download stores~).

I've included: I Don't Know How to Love Him & Numb (I've noted them as being promotional singles) & Cosmic Shower (noting it as being a charity single). I've also included Cool as You, as well as all of the Version of Me singles. None of these songs charted in the UK official singles chart.

The thing is, I'm wondering whether I should just remove these "did not chart" moments. Maybe this page should only be focusing on what actually charted?

Jay you did a great job, I think it's okay that you have also included individuals who have not entered the rankings in the uk, makes everything more 'complete information

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 22nd February 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #276
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Removing the did not chart will remove half of Mel C's discography 🙈

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22nd February 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #277
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Thanks for the updates Jay baby x

Those last few Mel C singles info is quite tough reading blink.gif She really took a nosedive with Reason hey? That album really destroyed her selling power in the UK and has only gotten progressively worse since.

All power to her for continuing to do what she loves!

+Quote this post
tommie
post 23rd February 2019, 08:59 AM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 22 2019, 06:41 PM) *

I think the DNC should stay, otherwise people might think they weren't released in the UK.

And yeah, Reason utterly wrecked a promising career.

The fact that she can't even sell 10k of an album these days is horrible. I think Anymore, Dear Life and Hold On were actually playlisted on Radio 2 too!

This post has been edited by tommie: 23rd February 2019, 09:04 AM

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd February 2019, 09:59 AM
Post #279
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 23 2019, 08:59 AM) *
I think the DNC should stay, otherwise people might think they weren't released in the UK.

And yeah, Reason utterly wrecked a promising career.

The fact that she can't even sell 10k of an album these days is horrible. I think Anymore, Dear Life and Hold On were actually playlisted on Radio 2 too!

Yeah it is so sad how quickly her career nosedived. Same with Geri I guess - after the main album, boom down the drain. Loads of different factors helped this of course, as maybe their first albums were released whilst the Spice Girls still had some selling power, but after 2000, nothing sold much apart from What Took You So Long and It's Raining Men.

Also, I was just thinking about this, but Here It Comes Again and On The Horizon were really terrible singles to lead an album campaign. The first is just a plodding middle of the road song that doesnt really do much and the former is a copy and paste from the sound of the guy who wrote it in the first place. Not that she had much more in the album to save it. She should have released Reason at some point, followed by Yeh Yeh Yeh but I don't know what she could have released after to promote the album as it is full of mediocre stuff...

The lack of good sales at the time had many factors: general sales were down across the industry, solo Spice wasnt something the public and the press were very interested in anymore AND the quality of the music put out wasnt that great either....

A shame..

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd February 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #280
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

On the horizon only gets stick because Mel C doesn't like it. It peaked higher on radio than her big comeback single Herw it comes again. It was incredibly radio friendly and a great single choice.

Here it comes again and her very unlikable personality at that time killed her career.

Geri killed her own career, fancy not bothering with a 4th single because the previous one only peak at #7 🙄 She could and should have pushed a 4th single and done a small tour, got the album over 200k sales. She ran away and when she came back it was too long gone.

Circles round the moon would have been a great 4th single, she could have sang it live here and there to build up to a tour

+Quote this post

92 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 05:06 AM