BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your interest in Politics
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 26th June 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

LOLing so hard right now. I should delete them but I can't bring myself to do it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 26th June 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Someone else could sad.gif

+Quote this post
Harve
post 26th June 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jun 26 2016, 07:18 PM) *
But these decisions affect your day to day life, and you're able to have a say in them by voting! It really saddens me to see you're so disinterested, if there's anything I can do to help you get interested let me know

are u ok

I'm very interested in politics and I deeply regret that I'm an Economics student, which as it's studied at undergraduate level currently has way less relevance in the 'real world' than you might think/less relevance than it should. But my interest fluctuates - I got disillusioned as an undecided voter in the 2014 referendum because I could see that both campaigns had significant flaws - being an undecided voter this year must have been absolutely awful. Similarly. when I moved to Belgium it became so intimidating to learn the politics of a country which has 6 governments, half of which was in a language I don't understand. I can literally only name their Prime Minister, former Prime Minister and their legendary health (yes) minister Maggie de Block:

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 26th June 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I missed what happened nocheer.gif spill plz

Oh and I guess I have to reply to the subject at hand now laugh.gif well not too many years ago I had little interest, like some say it's not my thing, but as I get older you realise it's important and when it comes to affecting futures etc. it's important to know at least the basics, like with maths if you know what I mean.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 26th June 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

NOTHING HAPPENED JUST LOTTI GIVING POLITICAL ADVICE

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th June 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jun 26 2016, 07:36 PM) *
NOTHING HAPPENED JUST LOTTI GIVING POLITICAL ADVICE

A lot of political advice wink.gif

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 26th June 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

rip lotti getting lounge mod position :')

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
Post #28
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

A whole f***ing lot

+Quote this post
Oliver
Post #29
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 26 2016, 07:39 PM) *
A lot of political advice wink.gif

Understatement of the century! wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th June 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Very minimal tbh. I have a quiet opinion on the odd political thing here & there but I cannot abide political debates, living with 2 Political students at Uni cemented that.

+Quote this post
LexC
post 26th June 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

I would say I care more than I'd say I'm interested (which sounds like a nothingy distinction but bare with me). I'd say I do try and stay relatively well informed with what's occuring in the news and I have opinions on it but I don't, to my mind take a deep interest in it, say, the inner workings of the political system. So I guess you could say I'm reactive rather than proactive in my interest.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th June 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

I was quite interested in politics 20 years or so ago, but since then I've become deeply cynical about it. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post 26th June 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

It appears knowing about people's blinds and curtains are more important than knowing who runs the country and how they affect you.

Anyway, I'm clued about enough to know what's happening and how it could affect me and my vote, but i'm not hugely invested beyond that normally.

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post 26th June 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27

Interested in politics in certain areas, an example would be transport policy (land transport in particular). Usually record Transport questions on BBC Parliament if I see it is on.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th June 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(LexC @ Jun 26 2016, 07:58 PM) *
I would say I care more than I'd say I'm interested (which sounds like a nothingy distinction but bare with me). I'd say I do try and stay relatively well informed with what's occuring in the news and I have opinions on it but I don't, to my mind take a deep interest in it, say, the inner workings of the political system. So I guess you could say I'm reactive rather than proactive in my interest.

Nah, that makes sense and it's pretty much how I stand to. Politics just doesn't appeal to me and I wouldn't be able to debate a political issue to save my life, but in regards to things like the Referendum, I've tried to listen to both sides in attempt to making an informed decision, but on the whole I just went with my gut reaction because that's at least true to yourself. I also like to deal with fact when it comes to these sort of things, but obviously facts in politics is like a needle in a haystack which is party why I just went with what makes sense to me.

+Quote this post
m
post 27th June 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #36
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

I'm really quite "bad" with politics and I hate to say it. I'm trying to become a little bit more interested, so sometimes I find myself googling a bit about it and I've had a couple of political discussions with a real-life friend recently which amazed me, but usually I shy away from political discussions on the whole. I'm always scared I'll say something wrong or will demonstrate in some way how ill-informed I am in the subject. Which I know could absolutely change the more I keep reading and learning about it, so I will try to keep doing that.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 27th June 2016, 02:52 AM
Post #37
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I'm pretty clued in with politics locally and nationally and think voting is hugely important- any time I vote the poll workers are happy to see me and say they wish more young voters would turn up. That said, I'm rather disappointed in the state of US politics at the moment to the point that I've avoided following the upcoming election. Both sides are moving too far from the center to ever agree on anything, and it's hard to discuss important issues when so many people only seek out the news and facts that support their beliefs. So I'm not hyped about the next four months of presidential campaigns, but overall I'm keeping informed and there's a lot going on locally to maintain my interest.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 27th June 2016, 06:32 AM
Post #38
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

I have absolutely no interest in it. A lot of the stuff going on will only make my blood boil, so ignorance is bliss, eh?

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post 27th June 2016, 07:39 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 19,614

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Jun 27 2016, 02:42 AM) *
Very minimal tbh. I have a quiet opinion on the odd political thing here & there but I cannot abide political debates, living with 2 Political students at Uni cemented that.

This is kind of how I feel. I provide my votes when they're required, but on the whole, I find political discourse (both public and professional), so utterly vulgar and unpleasant on both sides that I can't engage myself any further.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th June 2016, 07:17 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Did O Level British Constitution at 16 and was already interested and aware of politics, more so than a lot of adults. I mean, I was FAR more interested in pop music, let's get the priorities right laugh.gif

I was, and am, very opinionated about politics because I get frustrated at the lack of awareness and superficiality of reasons people vote on, and especially on being bigoted or angry and petty.

I also have a very good, and long, memory. I am also very very cynical about politicians - the more you find about MP's backgrounds and vested interests, the less I respect most of them. The number of British politicians I admire within my lifetime is rather small, at least the bigger ones. The best I can usually say is they aren't too bad, and aren't too prone to lying.

One of the most decent politicians who was (inadvertently) heavily involved in the referendum is now dead. The rest were a useless ruthless lying shower for the most part, barring a few like Alan Johnson who I genuinely like and admire, and the outraged passion Tim Fallon showed on results morning made me like him more.

The problem is most voters seem utterly incapable of telling the difference between charlatan spivs and genuine people. I have a super-power. Super-Bullshit-Spotter is my name tongue.gif

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:57 PM