BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Westlife - Spectrum
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
zeze88
post May 29 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,169
I don’t mind if they want to continue to be a group that wants to entertain their fans with their voices, silly dance routines and not much else - after all, there are plenty of artists out there who do just that.

BUT, then don't mention Cirque Du Soleil show, how it will be a spectacle, they are Westlife 2.0 blalabla. You are hyping something that simply isn't there. I guess Walsh is the one to blame, as per usual, he loves spreading crap like that whenever chance he has.

I also think they should change their setlist a bit next time as they choose the same hits in their last few tours. I think fans would love to hear Obvious, Tonight, Hey Whatever, Beautiful World or even an album track they really like. I remember fans were very happy when they threw in Love Takes Two on one of their concerts. At least skip Mandy, I am sick of thst song.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lomadz
post May 29 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,274
QUOTE(sajjadali @ May 28 2019, 08:04 AM) *
Yeah, like Simon Cowell is gonna let Westlife perform on XF without being on his label anymore....

They will just throw him a nice sized cheque

+Quote this post
Charis
post May 29 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Char1s
User: 278
QUOTE(zeze88 @ May 29 2019, 08:42 PM) *
I don’t mind if they want to continue to be a group that wants to entertain their fans with their voices, silly dance routines and not much else - after all, there are plenty of artists out there who do just that.

BUT, then don't mention Cirque Du Soleil show, how it will be a spectacle, they are Westlife 2.0 blalabla. You are hyping something that simply isn't there. I guess Walsh is the one to blame, as per usual, he loves spreading crap like that whenever chance he has.

I also think they should change their setlist a bit next time as they choose the same hits in their last few tours. I think fans would love to hear Obvious, Tonight, Hey Whatever, Beautiful World or even an album track they really like. I remember fans were very happy when they threw in Love Takes Two on one of their concerts. At least skip Mandy, I am sick of thst song.

Calm down. They are a lot more fresh than they were the years 2006 - 2012 you need to admit that, if you have been on the Tour. I was there last night and I was really excited from 1st minute to last.
All those colours and everything was just amazing. Yes there could be some improvements or new songs, but a new album is on the way so it's gonna happen for sure.

PS: I am tired of Uptown Girl as well.... Is it just me?

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post May 30 2019, 07:31 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100
QUOTE(Lomadz @ May 29 2019, 10:06 PM) *
They will just throw him a nice sized cheque

I doubt it. He's very stingy about artists who find success on other labels who have come from his show/were originally dropped by him but found success elsewhere.

The success of Jedward justified a comeback performance but it never happened as they found success with Universal/Eurovision away from his label who originally dropped them...

Calum Scott: He's been a HUGE success but he was an instance were Simon Cowell didn't sign a BGT single that could have done well in Dancing On My Own. He didn't sign him, he put his cover out himself independently, it did really well and then Warner signed him. EDIT: I just realize he had him on tonight on BGMT and whilst still no performance it was super huge of him to acknowledge the success he has achieved without him so respect Simon.

Bars and Melody: successful and popular on a worldwide level - he signed them with Hopeful and despite it going Top 5 he dropped them, they have done insanely well since and have a huge social media following.

I could go on...

This post has been edited by sajjadali: May 30 2019, 08:24 AM

+Quote this post
Bjork
post May 30 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
but performing on XF doesn't have a huge effect anymore

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post May 30 2019, 08:23 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100
QUOTE(Bjork @ May 30 2019, 08:41 AM) *
but performing on XF doesn't have a huge effect anymore

BGT does... ask James arthur, he's now top 4 on iTunes.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post May 30 2019, 08:47 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
and? I said XF doesn't

+Quote this post
myxxd
post May 30 2019, 10:56 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 7,097
.Westlife fans can look forward to Steve Mac and Ed Sheeran songs at Croke Park gig

You probably heard it was Ed Sheeran who wrote both singles they released this year but I was surprised to hear it was Ed that was dying to work with them and not the other way around!

“Westlife was a band that had an impact on him and when he was working with Steve Mac, Ed told him he needed to write some Westlife songs!

“So they wrote eight or nine and a lot of them have come our way . . .  we’re very lucky as Steve and Ed are the dream team.”

Looks like we can expect more Sheeran tracks on Westlife’s upcoming album.

+Quote this post
zeze88
post May 30 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Charis @ May 29 2019, 10:07 PM) *
Calm down. They are a lot more fresh than they were the years 2006 - 2012 you need to admit that, if you have been on the Tour. I was there last night and I was really excited from 1st minute to last.
All those colours and everything was just amazing. Yes there could be some improvements or new songs, but a new album is on the way so it's gonna happen for sure.

PS: I am tired of Uptown Girl as well.... Is it just me?

I wasn’t agressive in any way and I am calm. I am sure the show is great but the way it was hyped its not crazy that I expected something different. But like I said, they can keep doing what they have been doing for years, there is nothing wrong with that.
Uptown Girl I don’t mind but I wouldn’t mind if they cut Home and like I said, Mandy. Its a shame they probably won’t ever perform Bop Bop Baby, they haven’t done it since Brian left.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post May 30 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
No surprise at the release date!

+Quote this post
zeze88
post Jun 1 2019, 10:06 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Steve201 @ May 30 2019, 07:25 PM) *
No surprise at the release date!

Yeah I just noticed they pushed it back to November. No surprise I agree but it is weird they haven’t mentioned that on Twitter.

+Quote this post
Charis
post Jun 1 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Char1s
Westlife just received Gold certification for If I Let You Go and Queen Of My Heart. Strange that My Love is still Silver, one of their most famous hits. It will follow very soon though, so UK fans stream it a bit in spotify and youtube smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOb9gIGGd0

+Quote this post
Charis
post Jun 2 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Char1s
Jay i don't suppose you have sales for Hello My Love and Better Man right?

+Quote this post
myxxd
post Jun 4 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Rumoured set list of the Twenty Tour in Asia specifically in China (dates still unannounced)

If this is true, same songs but there will be added ones in the memory lane medley, changed the sequence a bit and a song called Shallow will be encore?

Anyway, the reason that I could think of why they want to squeeze in as many of their popular songs as they can on the set list so people will stream or maybe buy it afterwards. Concert tours are also part of their promos. I wonder why they have chosen to perform Queen Medley. Queen's popularity nowadays? And their album is still the best selling album of all time in the UK right? They want to attract those sales and audience. Well they covered Bohemian before. They performed I Have a Dream again also after a very long time, since 2001 actually. And ABBA also had been popular recently and have the second biggest selling album of all time in the UK as well.

This post has been edited by myxxd: Jun 4 2019, 05:07 PM

+Quote this post
Charis
post Jun 4 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Char1s
QUOTE(myxxd @ Jun 4 2019, 07:30 PM) *
Rumoured set list of the Twenty Tour in Asia specifically in China (dates still unannounced)

If this is true, same songs but there will be added ones in the memory lane medley, changed the sequence a bit and a song called Shallow will be encore?

Anyway, the reason that I could think of why they want to squeeze in as many of their popular songs as they can on the set list so people will stream or maybe buy it afterwards. Concert tours are also part of their promos. I wonder why they have chosen to perform Queen Medley. Queen's popularity nowadays? And their album is still the best selling album of all time in the UK right? They want to attract those sales and audience. Well they covered Bohemian before. They performed I Have a Dream again also after a very long time, since 2001 actually. And ABBA also had been popular recently and have the second biggest selling album of all time in the UK as well.

WOW this might be the new single?

+Quote this post
myxxd
post Jun 4 2019, 08:31 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
The pic looks legit Charis idk lol maybe it can't be Shallow by Gaga. We all know in China you need to say and document in advance to their government what you will do their country. Anyone who could understand Chinese here who could translate the whole thing?

This post has been edited by myxxd: Jun 4 2019, 08:43 PM

+Quote this post
Charis
post Jun 4 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Char1s
QUOTE(myxxd @ Jun 4 2019, 11:31 PM) *
The pic looks legit Charis idk lol maybe it can't be Shallow by Gaga. We all know in China you need to say and document in advance to their government what you will do their country

Yes i find it nonsense to be Gaga's hit, especially at the very end... What else Shallow could mean? Can you check into this website if there is any song Shallow available? smile.gif

+Quote this post
myxxd
post Jun 4 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
What websites? Cannot find any detail about it yet unfortunately aside from this

Well just searched the repertoires. Closest to the ones they worked and familiar with maybe it is written by Jorgen Eloffson and Bonnie McKee or Phil Thornalley and Ruth Anne Cunningham

This post has been edited by myxxd: Jun 4 2019, 09:11 PM

+Quote this post
myxxd
post Jun 4 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I think they sticked to their original plan of releasing the third single on August so it will be after the UK and Ireland tour. I hope it will be earlier than that. Probably it'll have it's debit live concert performance on the start of the Asian leg

This post has been edited by myxxd: Jun 4 2019, 08:50 PM

+Quote this post
Charis
post Jun 4 2019, 10:11 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Char1s
According to my calculations based only on certificate awards:

Westlife have sold 21.5 million records and videos in the United Kingdom alone across their 20-year career – 8.2 million singles, 12 million albums and 1.3 million videos!

https://www.facebook.com/Westlife-Community...admin_todo_tour

+Quote this post

56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:51 PM