BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wind River, 8 September 2017 ///// Jeremy Renner & Elizabeth Olsen
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post May 25 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

From the writer of Sicario & Hell or High Water which makes this sound very promising. Looks as though it could be really intense and the cinematography looks gorgeous too wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 27 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
Taylor Sheridan has won the Un Certain Regard Best Director award for this film at Cannes Film Festival. Obviously not as prestigious as getting the Palme d'Or award there but certainly a good award to win, looks like it should be good!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 11 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
I wasn't really that keen on Hell or High Water so I was a bit unsure if I was going to like this or not but I ended up thinking it was really good. I know it's not the most likely thing but I do hope it can maintain the hype it has right now to get a few nominations at the Oscars, the script and cinematography were really special wub.gif

My favourite bit about it was the flashback scene when Jane was knocking on the trailer door. It was such an unexpected twist and it just made you want to shout at the screen, 'GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!'. I thought that was a really interesting way to do the reveal and flip the expectations you have of a character every time you see Jon Bernthal, it was nice for him to not be typecast for once.

The acting was really good, it was nice to see Jeremy Renner in a serious role again and he had me choked up a few times when he did his scenes with the other man who had lost a daughter. Elizabeth Olsen was impressive too though, I didn't realise she could act this well but it is easily the best thing I've seen her do (I love her as Scarlet Witch, of course, but that's not exactly a role where you get to show off your serious acting chops heehee.gif).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:45 PM