BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eurovision Song Contest 2017 · Green Room, All the news and general discussion from Kyiv, Ukraine
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Aug 25 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

And I think they've just cancelled it 30 minutes before it was due, what a mess!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 25 2016, 11:44 AM
Post #22
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

And that is now confirmed, Twitter are raging!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Aug 25 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #23
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Who's willing to bet they actually decided to hold it miles from the front line in Dnipro and the EBU stepped in and told them to get to fuck at the last minute?

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 25 2016, 12:06 PM
Post #24
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

ODESSA OR BUST

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 25 2016, 12:13 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I can still see it going all 3 ways judging by ESC Kaz's reports:

Dnipro: Strongest bid in terms of consistent planning throughout the process whereas the other two have basically rushed to rewrite theirs from scratch however worst infrastructure (and location?)

Odessa: Rumoured EBU favourite as they have already contacted the contractors required but the temporary roof covering will cost approx 10 million euros when the budget is only supposed to be 15 million for the whole contest

Kyiv: Capital city, and the news of the International Exhibition Centre being the city's proposed venue has curiously popped up again this week. Although like Odessa, will need a temporary solution to become viable

My instinct still says Odessa, but perhaps I'm being blinded my my personal preference!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Aug 25 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #26
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

First announcing an extra 'finalist city' and now this :')

(I do like the sound of Odessa based on it being different to where Ukraine hosted before and liking non-capital host cities)

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 25 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #27

Eurovisionary.com are reporting that Dnipro are out of the race to be the host city, apparently confirmed by NTU’s General Director, Zurab Alasania.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 25 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

ESC Kaz:

Bereza: Odessa was to be announced as winner today, it is the option supported by the EBU, but one Administration forced to stop the announcement.

MP Borislav Bereza, who previously has made scandalous claim that Kyiv has already been relegated out of the city race to host Eurovision 2017 due to poor state of infrastructure of the city, continued making arguable statements today during "Evening Prime" show on "112 Ukraine". He stated that Odessa was to be revealed today as the host city of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, however, according to him, a particular "Administration" (perhaps City administration of another competing city) had allegedly blocked the decision.

"The situation is very interesting. Today they wanted to make the announcement. And we had to be congratulating Odessa today. But when it became known to some Administration, they got very much upset. And all further steps are associated with it. The fact is that nobody wants to miss the opportunity to receive financial flows from Kyiv (capital of Ukraine). Officials (city administration representatives) understand that part of the budget will be allocated by Europe (European Broadcasting Union), part will be allocated by Cabinet (the Government of Ukraine) and now they realize that these financial flows will miss their hands, they are moved away from the budget distribution. It is not just frustrating for them, it brings them to the state that they are delaying the briefing, for which is awaiting the whole country, and begin some negotiation process, just because someone wants to get a bite of a piece of budget", said Bereza.

"The Europeans (European Broadcasting Union representatives) are preferring Odessa option. It's biggest benefits are: the sea, the new location, the resort city, and for them this is a completely different story. There already was Eurovision in Kyiv, and they are scared of the state in which Kyiv is now. There is a small issue with Odessa as well, there is no venue to host contest in. But all these issues can be solved", said member of Ukrainian Parliament, who was opponent of Vitali Klitschko at the latest elections of Kyiv mayor and since then negatively estimates all results of his work.

"I just want that financial desires of some officials do not stand on the way of the contest, which can attract tourists to Ukraine, the contest that can inform about Ukraine as wide as possible, the contest, which can position us as a country for global tourism. I want these corrupt hucksters to be finally stopped, because instead of serving the stage they are just interested in enriching their pockets and supporting their families who live abroad. The see Ukraine just as a source of income".

Several sources today have been confirming Odessa as a priority option of the European Broadcasting Union, however, the sources differ in the reasons of such support. Some of them are alleging that the Odessa option is preferred by the EBU because it brings friendly contactors to work and thus make profit on the costly construction of the temporary stadium roof, which will have to be dismantled after the event. They note that in a vivid contrast to this Kyiv provides cheaper and more convenient option that doesn't require any reconstruction and much more developed infrastructure.

Sounds believeable, looks like some Kyiv people got wind of the decision that was to be announced just before the press conference was due to start and was able to somehow stop the decision from being made public.

If the Kyiv people have that much power, it makes me think that Odessa could have what seems like a deserved win stole away from them due to corruption! sad.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 3 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #29

ESCKaz are saying on Twitter that rumours are Odessa have won and will be announced on Monday.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 3 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #30
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

Stealing Adam's idea here but I'm digging the idea of a potential '1944' reprise with Jamala looking out across the bay of Odessa to the Crimean peninsula.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 8 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #31

Andy Mikheev ‏@ESCKAZ 51m
51 minutes ago

#Eurovision Let's try it again. Official: Host city of #ESC2017 to be announced tomorrow, 09/09, at 12:00 CET at special press-conference.

If it does actually happen of course, although I do fear it will be Kyiv now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 8 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah 99% going to be Kyiv based on ESCKaz tweets! Today Russian media ran with the (incorrect) story that if Ukraine didn't choose their host city this month then Russia would get to host heehee.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 8 2016, 07:42 PM
Post #33
Attack Dog/Sass Queen

Well Kyiv is the 'playing it safe' option so given Ukraine's recent past I don't blame them for wanting to be safe.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2016, 10:31 AM
Post #34
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Kyiv it is! Apparently Odessa media reporting final straw was a recent armed conflict in one of their hotels.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 9 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #35
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Sweden are helping with the organisation of the contest with representatives landing in Kyiv next week!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 9 2016, 11:35 AM
Post #36

Slightly disappointed about it not being Odessa as I do like new host cities but I'm sure Kyiv will still put on an amazing show, especially after they've learnt their lessons from last time and if SVT are helping out too!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 9 2016, 11:40 AM
Post #37

And the confirmed dates for the contest are 9th and 11th May for the semi finals with the grand final on 13th May, so it's one week closer! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 9 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #38
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Aww, I would have liked Odessa. I'm sure Kyiv will be fine enough to watch and see on TV though.

+Quote Post
Inna Selez
post Sep 9 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #39
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,143
   No Gallery Pics

I was hoping it would be Odessa but... Ukraine has problems with money so hosting the show in Kiev second time better choice - more cheap and safe.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 10 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #40
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

It's encouraging that SVT are involved. I'm all for using Eurovision to deepen the cultural connections between states like Ukraine and what we traditionally see as European. Brings all of us closer together.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM