BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
196 Pages V  « < 190 191 192 193 194 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls • General Discussion, Mel B hints at 3 piece with Emma and Melanie C?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 22nd May 2024, 09:05 PM
Post #3821
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Yousee @ 22nd May 2024, 10:00 PM) *
Emma and Mel B are the most loyal spices. They're the only two that have been there in literally every reunion. The beans-on-toast-eating, party-loving spices!

They are the best Spices for a reason cheer.gif Always loyal, always supportive, always up for it heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 22nd May 2024, 09:06 PM
Post #3822
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(spiceboy @ 22nd May 2024, 09:57 PM) *
I can't see any circumstance in which Girls Aloud decide to support Spice Girls on an Australian tour, plus I don't see the draw as they aren't exactly a well known band over there anyway?

I could see Girls Aloud supporting a 4 / 5 piece Spice Girls Hyde Park or Stadium tour in the UK (my god I'd be there like a SHOT), but otherwise they can sell arenas themselves in the UK so that isn't an option either.

Would give GA the chance to tour outside the UK but without the pressure of selling tickets and extend their comeback.

I think it would look great on a poster, Spice Girls with special guest GA.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 22nd May 2024, 09:06 PM
Post #3823
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

It’s ridiculous that they can’t all just commit to a one-off thing be it a show, a documentary, a tv special. It doesn’t have to dramatically effect their schedules.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 22nd May 2024, 10:42 PM
Post #3824
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I agree, its a huge money spinner for them if they do something but even just been together doing a tv special and talking about their heyday as a group and doing a trip down memory lane with footage etc wouldnt take up alot of their time.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd May 2024, 10:53 PM
Post #3825
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Interesting turn of events if a trio does happen. I'm not quite sure I can see it though?

For the majority of the 2010s, Melanie C was so adamantly against doing anything less than a 5 piece. Obviously she eventually warmed up to the idea of 4 in 2018, but it took her a long time to get to that point. So the concept of just 3 of them, would she really entertain that? Who knows really... maybe she has a totally different outlook on the Spice Girls than she did pre-2018.

I wouldn't have thought anything deeply about Mel B's Instagrams stories if it had only been the 1940s tribute act (with 3 members) that she tagged as "Sporty scary baby". However, tagging somebody's graphic of the girls - which shows the 5 piece - with just "Scary baby sporty???" though... that feels too deliberate.

This might just be Mel B being Mel B and trying to manifest something, rather than hint at something that is in the works. I just wonder if something has happened behind the scenes. Has Geri firmly expressed that she doesn't want to do anything Spice Girls related, and annoyed Mel B enough to have it in mind that they can do something without her or Victoria?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Let's say the trio is a real thing that happens. I really don't think it can purely be for another nostalgia tour. I think it would need to be something more, i.e. an album. Show that there's some seriousness to justifying a 3 piece.

It might be a hard sell, but you just never know. Many of us spent years wondering about a reunion without Victoria and many of us didn't think it could work... and then they sold out big UK and Ireland stadiums without her.

I do kind of lean towards Sammy's thinking of "you only live once", and if it is the case that Emma, Melanie C and Mel B were motivated to work together as just a trio, then... I'd support them, and respect that for whatever their reasons are, that Victoria and Geri didn't want to do more Spice Girls stuff.

I also have to agree that if we *had* to have any 3 piece line up, then Emma and the two Mels is really the only one that could make some sense to me.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd May 2024, 11:03 PM
Post #3826
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

The two stories:

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 23rd May 2024, 12:26 AM
Post #3827
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

they're not getting any younger so I said go for it if they want too

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 23rd May 2024, 05:50 AM
Post #3828
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

Just go for it. Geri being there or not doesn’t change the fact that she’s not adding anything to the band any more. She couldn’t dance and barely could lipsync in 2019. They waited five years for her since. Life’s too short.

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 23rd May 2024, 05:54 AM
Post #3829
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

People were also skeptical that they wouldn’t be able to pull it off without the famous one but they already did. They totally could do with just the three of them.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 23rd May 2024, 06:07 AM
Post #3830
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

I wonder if the drama with her husband has put Geri off being in the spotlight.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd May 2024, 06:58 AM
Post #3831
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I agree with Jay that a 3 piece would work better if it had new material too. Maybe just a one off song to start with to test the waters and as an added bonus with a tour announcement.

Whatever Mel B's motive for posting that, the reel of the 3 girls singing SYBT was posted 4 weeks ago so Mel B had to dig for it so she knew exactly what she was doing.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd May 2024, 07:04 AM
Post #3832
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I will say one thing I'm jealous of Steps, Girls Aloud and so on getting such great releases and them going out their way to please fans. If a 3 piece can deliver some good performances, some new material and releases then I would lap it up because I'm so starved as a fan.

I think they would be wise to embrace Geri and Victoria in aspects. Do some of their own Gogglebox style videos watching clips and videos from the past together but embrace and talk about Geri and Victoria positively and lovingly. So it isn't a 'us and them' feel but a 'they just aren't feeling it this time' vibe but are still Spice Girls and it is all one big journey.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 23rd May 2024, 08:35 AM
Post #3833
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Mel B is coming across in my eyes as such a bully.

She’s by far my least fave girl nowadays.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd May 2024, 08:45 AM
Post #3834
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(schizo_spice @ 23rd May 2024, 09:35 AM) *
Mel B is coming across in my eyes as such a bully.

She’s by far my least fave girl nowadays.

These accusations of bullying against Mel B always, always, smell like biast shite, and so lazy. Bullying is a serious issue, lets not throw that around shall we? rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd May 2024, 08:46 AM
Post #3835
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I would be interested in a 3-piece from the Mels and Emma if they do a song at least or an album. But if they simply tour under the Spice Girls, I dont think thats cool. At all. They should do new music.

Otherwise, simply tour as 3 artists together and so a few Spice songs in between your solo sets.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 23rd May 2024, 08:54 AM
Post #3836
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

QUOTE(Mr.X @ 23rd May 2024, 09:45 AM) *
These accusations of bullying against Mel B always, always, smell like biast shite, and so lazy. Bullying is a serious issue, lets not throw that around shall we? rolleyes.gif

I can say what I want as its clearly the truth.

I hope Geri sticks by what she feels is right for her and isn't pressurised into doing what she doesn't want to do.

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 23rd May 2024, 10:29 AM
Post #3837
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Maybe form with the other two All Saints members and call it All Spice. I would love to hear our girls on Pure Shore or Black Coffee.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 23rd May 2024, 11:54 AM
Post #3838
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ 23rd May 2024, 09:45 AM) *

It’s not accusations though is it? Both Melanie C and Geri have talked openly about Mel B bullying them and actually Mel B herself has admitted that she bullied Melanie C in her Catch A Fire autobiography and used it as an opportunity to formally apologise.

I’m not saying this is a bullying instance but it’s not an biased lazy accusation that she did it in the past.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 23rd May 2024, 11:56 AM
Post #3839
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I’m with Jay that I feel this would need to be billed as a solo with some spice tour or there would need to be new music.

It’s likely just Mel B trolling / trying to make something happen as Geri and Victoria have said an outright no.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd May 2024, 12:31 PM
Post #3840
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ 23rd May 2024, 12:54 PM) *
It’s not accusations though is it? Both Melanie C and Geri have talked openly about Mel B bullying them and actually Mel B herself has admitted that she bullied Melanie C in her Catch A Fire autobiography and used it as an opportunity to formally apologise.

I’m not saying this is a bullying instance but it’s not an biased lazy accusation that she did it in the past.

I say it is lazy as hell because this is trolling, not bullying. What she admits to have done in the past is bullying. We need to be clear on this and not just throw accusations around.

Her posting on social media for the three on them to go on tour is trolling. Bullying is very very different and as someone who was bullied a lot throughout my life, I take issue with this being thrown around in such light trolling.

+Quote this post

196 Pages V  « < 190 191 192 193 194 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

3 user(s) reading this thread
+ 3 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 20th June 2024, 09:24 AM