BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
45 Pages V  « < 43 44 45  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Favourite Group 2020, Who's your fave?- And the winners are......
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Lukuzz
post 17th December 2020, 03:36 PM
Post #881
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Fantastic top 3.

Queen and Spice Girls are both legendary in their own right.
Glad a rock band managed to get to number 2, would have loved to seen Queen live when Freddie was alive, have seen them with Adam though and they are amazing. Would love to see new music from them even if they are dubbed as Queen + Adam Lambert for it to not take away from Freddie.

Spice Girls were my absolute obsession as a kid and they are pretty much what started a lifelong love for girl bands, they were such a huge part of my childhood (even though they were really only around 3/4 years, it seemed so much longer) they are still iconic to this day, their tour last year was one of the best they've ever done. I do hope one day Victoria will come back or they will make new music but I doubt either will happen.

Anyways ❤️both. Great countdown!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jimwatts
post 17th December 2020, 03:46 PM
Post #882
Group icon
my mind is ready for fun
User: 38,591

Ah, I thought all along Queen would be the only one of my votes with an outside chance of winning this, if I'd been tactical and given them 30 points, they would have done! (On a tiebreak!) #2 is great for them anyway, my favourite of their songs are fairly predictable (Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Show Must Go On) but they deserve to be here for their musical legacy (like Abba) and in particular their, or specifically Freddie's, presence and live performances. Well done to the Spice Girls though, they were such a pop phenomenon we may never see their like again.

Thanks for running this Gezza!

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 17th December 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #883
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

^ I disagree, I think new music from the Spice Girls in this day and age just wouldn't be the same and any musical comeback would just be disappointing. But if they did come back with new music, I don't think Victoria would add much to the line up!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 17th December 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #884
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(M4ngo Ho Ho @ Dec 17 2020, 03:48 PM) *
^ I disagree, I think new music from the Spice Girls in this day and age just wouldn't be the same and any musical comeback would just be disappointing. But if they did come back with new music, I don't think Victoria would add much to the line up!

Yeh I do think new music may not be up to scratch but I'd even be happy with some unreleased tracks. Something would be nice as it's been so long!

+Quote this post
vibe
post 17th December 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #885
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

A great top 2

No complaints from me!!!

Thread of the year for me as the results were fair and unpredictable!!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th December 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #886
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(M4ngo Ho Ho @ Dec 16 2020, 10:38 PM) *
Girls Aloud actually did some great B-sides too, which not a lot of pure pop bands do. 'Memory Of You', 'Crazy Fool' and 'I Don't Really Hate You' are as good as most of their singles tbh.

How Memory of you wasn't a single in it's own right I'll never know??

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th December 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #887
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Thanks for doing this I've really enjoyed following it, and been really surprised by the results throughout.

I'd swap Girls Aloud and Abba and then it would be the perfect top 3 for me (even if they wouldn't be my actual top 3 lol). Spice Girls, Queen and Abba are the biggest bands of all time in their respective fields for lasting impact and legacy easily.

- The Beatles (male group)
- Spice Girls (female group)
- Abba (mixed group)
- Queen (rock group)

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 17th December 2020, 06:35 PM
Post #888
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Queen didn't quite manage 1st place but 2nd is still better than I expected for them.

Thanks for running this poll, Gezza. It's been interesting following the results each day.

+Quote this post
Dark Horse
post 17th December 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #889
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,457

Glad that the Spice Girls are number 1, even though their career was short lived they released some classic pop songs that are still enjoyable till today.... i travelled to London last year and watched their amazing comeback tour, they were so great on stage , very energetic ....would love to see them record a new album...

+Quote this post
Scene
post 17th December 2020, 08:28 PM
Post #890
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

The Spice Girls deserve this win. wub.gif Without them I doubt we would have had most of the girl groups we've had since: Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Atomic Kitten, The Saturdays, Little Mix... maybe even All Saints wouldn't have been as big. They were such a cultural phenomenon and proved that girls could sell to girls/the singles demographic. Although I was too young to remember them during 96-98, they dominated my early childhood and will always have a place in my heart (without sounding cheesy laugh.gif).

Queen would have been worthy winners too. wub.gif Their music speaks for itself - groundbreaking stuff and Freddie's theatrics and showmanship were so valuable to the group.

Thanks Gezza for running this. I've loved following this as always.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 17th December 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #891
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Sad Queen didn’t quite make number one as they are the best band ever!

Thanks for this countdown Gezza even if I didn’t manage to vote!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 18th December 2020, 02:28 AM
Post #892
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Thanks so much Gezza, the whole trilogy of favorite female/male/group was very fun! Looking forward to the next countdown, whatever it may be biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 18th December 2020, 11:10 AM
Post #893
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Good countdown Gezza, I enjoyed following it. Have no interest in either of the top 2 though am happy for the 'not Queen' option to have won.

+Quote this post

45 Pages V  « < 43 44 45
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:08 PM