BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jennifer Lopez - The Singles Rate: RESULTS, Completed Full Results On Page 6..
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Sep 7 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #41
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
She's a bad, bad bitch

21. I'm Real | J.Lo | Avg.7.283

Highest Scores: 10: (SamJudd, Floater), 9: (Jack, all is vanity, Rossco, Jay), Lowest Scores: 2: (Liam)

Just outside the top 20 is the first of 2 versions of the same song 'I'm Real', which to be honest kinda gutted as I really wanted this to make the top 20 here, and thought it would have gained a lot more high scores, but it seems that the Ja Rule remix version was a lot more popular on here, in my opinion I much prefer this version. Released in September 2001 as the 4th single from her 2nd album 'J.Lo', making this the first from that era to drop out here, and it was with the release of said album that she got her nickname JLO. This received positive reviews when released and was seen as a standout moment on album, which I totally agree with, it's just a really good pop/R&B song with an interesting retro feel and a catchy hook. Upon release it became a big hit by reaching #4 in the UK becoming the album's 4th top 5 hit in a row, as well as hitting top 5 peaks in Netherlands, Australia, France, New Zealand, Norway + Belgium. As well as top 10/20 in 11 other countries. In the USA & Canada the remixed version was released instead of this one and became her 2nd chart topper over there and hit top 10 in Canada.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 7 2017, 12:57 AM
Post #42
Group icon
Right then we are down to our final 20 now and here's a re-cap of what's bowed out so far 21-39 =

21. I'm Real = 7.283
22. Live It Up [Ft Pitbull] = 7.177
23. Ain't Your Mama = 7.15
24. Hold It Don't Drop It = 6.916
25. Ni-Tu-Ni-Yo [Ft Gente de Zona] = 6.72
26. Back It Up [Ft Prince Royce & Pitbull] = 6.42
27. First Love = 6.375
28. Me Haces Falta = 6.363
29. Try Me [Ft Jason Derulo & Motama] = 6.178
30. Hold You Down [Ft Fat Joe] = 6.133
31. Adrenalina [Ft Wisin' & Ricky Martin] = 6.021
32. Booty [Ft Iggy Azalea] = 6.016
33. Goin' In [Ft Flo Rida] = 5.982
34. Feel The Light = 5.937
35. Baby I Love U = 5.844
36. I Luh Ya Papi [Ft French Montana] = 5.741
37. Feelin' So Good [Ft Big Pun & Fat Joe] = 5.733
38. T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever) [Ft Will.i.am + Mick Jagger] = 5.193
39. We Are One (Ole Ola) [Ft Pitbull + Claudia Leitte] = 5.103

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Sep 7 2017, 12:59 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Ain't Your Mama is hideous, it sounds like Meghan left it in the trash writing for her debut album and then had second thoughts so gave it to J-Lo, while simultaneously sounding like it belongs in 2003 :/

Try Me and Back It Up are the only big losses from that first half or so, but I'dnotably have T.H.E. and Feel The Light a bit higher.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 7 2017, 04:05 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Here's what's to feature in the top 20 remaining Jennifer Lopez singles in chronological order =

If You Had My Love
Waiting For Tonight
Let's Get Loud
Love Don't Cost A Thing
Play
Ain't It Funny
I'm Real (Ja Rule Remix)
Ain't It Funny (Ja Rule Remix)
I'm Gonna Be Alright
Jenny From The Block
All I Have (Ft LL Cool J)
I'm Glad
Get Right
Control Myself (Ft LL Cool J)
Que Hiciste
Do It Well
On The Floor (Ft Pitbull)
I'm Into You (Ft Lil' Wayne)
Papi
Dance Again (Ft Pitbull)

+Quote this post
Riser
post Sep 7 2017, 04:38 AM
Post #45
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
SHOCKED that the original I'm Real has finished lower than the Murder Remix!

I wouldn't have predicted Control Myself or Que Hiciste in the top 20, so nice surprises there. I'd much rather have Dance Again out this early rather than Live It Up.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Sep 7 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Didn't enter this as I hadn't heard of about half the songs but poor We Are One, THE, ILYP and Try Me sad.gif and LIU missing the top 20? That's a real bop music.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 7 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Though it brings tears to my eyes, I can feel it

20. I'm Gonna Be Alright (Ft Nas) | J to tha L-O! The Remixes | Avg.7.45

Highest Scores: 10: (Nick F1, PAJ88, Jay), 9: (all is vanity, Addy King, blacksquare, Adelina555, SameBoy, Floater), Lowest Scores: 4: (CianS, classydude, gavindeejay)

Kicking off the top 20 is 'I'm Gonna Be Alright', which is the first of 3 singles from her remix album to drop here, and the fact that they all feature in the top 20 is pretty good going. Originally featured on her 2nd album J-Lo, but later became remixed by Poke & Tone of Trackmasters for her first remix album 'J to that L-O the Remixes and released in July 2002 as the 2nd single from that album. The original remix featured rapper 50 Cent, but Epic Records chose Nas for the radio version and re-recorded new verses for the track, which caused controversy between them both and have resented each other ever since. Although the 50 Cent version still features on the USA album version, but not on the European edition which featured no rap, and oddly enough the Nas version did finally end up on the 'This Is Me..Then' as a bonus track. The song is another good slice of pure pop R&B from JLO, and in it's remixed form sounds much better than it ever did on her 2nd album, giving it a far more urban feel and Nas does bring new life to the song, which makes this a great example of early 00's R&B music. Upon release the song chart best in the UK by reaching #3, as well as top 10 peaks in Switzerland, Germany. Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway & the USA. Along with top 20/40 peaks mostly everywhere else.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 8 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #48
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I'm Real & I'm Gonna Be Alright are FAR. TOO. LOW! sad.gif

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 7 2017, 03:07 AM) *
Ain't Your Mama is hideous, it sounds like Meghan left it in the trash writing for her debut album and then had second thoughts so gave it to J-Lo, while simultaneously sounding like it belongs in 2003 :/

Lol funnily enough the 'Ain't Your Mama' artwork uses a pic from a photoshoot that happened in 2003! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 8 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #49
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I am surprised I'm Real is lower than the remix tbh I thought BJ didn't like the remix.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 8 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Now all my super ladies

19. Papi | Love? | Avg.7.466

Highest Scores: 10: (Regina, SamJudd, classydude), 9.5/9: (HarryEzra, gooddelta, Tombo, Tawdry Hepburn, Adelina555), Lowest Scores: -1: (Liam)

At #19 is the first of the 3 way tie, 'Papi' which had the least amount of 10's out of the 3 and so that's why it's ranked here. Released in September 2011 as the 3rd and final single from her 7th album 'Love'. To be honest I absolutely love this track and was an instant favourite of mine upon the album's release and was so glad that this was given the single treatment. It definitely takes a different tone to the previous singles, going for a more Latin feel that harks back to 'Let's Get Loud', but still has that dance sound, so it's not totally out of place and it's nice to see JLO going back to her roots, there's even a few Spanish lyrics sprinkled in towards the end, so that was a nice touch. Even the music video was highly fun and enjoyable, even if was a rejected concept for one of her movies like one reviewer said, who cares I loved it. Upon release it didn't quite perform as well as the album's previous singles, but did find moderate success by reaching top 10 in Italy, Bulgaria, Israel & Finland, while hitting top 40 in Spain, France & Switzerland. In the UK it managed a peak of a mere #67 (her lowest peak in 3 years) and #96 in the USA, making it her 20th entry on the top 100.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Papi is utter shite, it's just an amalgamation of generic J-Lo sounds done so much worse than any of the source material.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 9 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #52
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Papi is so fun and a great listen shame it's lower than I thought sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 9 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #53
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Papi' is a jam. I did think at the time it would be a smash, it's unfortunate that R1 ceased their support of her at that point even with 'I'm Into You' being a decent sized top 10 hit.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 9 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Papi sucks lol, no way it deserved top 20 place.

I didn't know all that 50 cent/Nas story behind 'I'm Gonna Be Alright'...I thought Nas featuring in track was purposely because of sampling 'If I Ruled The World'?!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 9 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #55
Group icon
You've touched my heart and it altered every plan I've made

18. Ain't It Funny (Murder Remix) (Ft Ja Rule & Caddaillac Tah) | J to tha LO! The Remixes | Avg.7.466

Highest Scores: 10: (Davidson, all is vanity, Rossco, SameBoy, Jay), 9.5/9: (Jack, CianS, PAJ88, gavindeejay, Lukuzz, Floater), Lowest Scores: 0: (Regina)

At #18 is the 2nd of the 3-way tie, 'Ain't It Funny' the murder remix version which features Ja Rule & Caddaillac Tah and released in March 2002 as the lead single from her remix album 'J to tha LO - The Remixes'. This was placed above 'Papi' due to it having more 10's. Again this is 1 of 2 versions of the same song, the original of which features on her 2nd album and was later given to Ja Rule to remix by JLO's team, and despite just having fun with it and messing around, everybody was happy with the product and became a successful crossover hit by topping the US charts, and therefore announced plans for a remix album which also became a big success. The song itself takes a totally different sound and tone to the original version, going for a more hip-hop sound that totally transforms into something totally different and the song itself samples Craig Mack's 'Flava In Ya Ear'. I quite like this song, and while I much prefer the original version (as most of Buzzjack do), this is still a hot number and very much of it's time, not really something I go back to often anymore, but still a pretty good number. I find that instead of comparting both versions, I see them more as they're own completely separate songs with their own different sounds. Upon release the song became a smash hit by becoming her 3rd US chart topper and hitting top 5 in the UK entering one place lower than it's other version. Elsewhere it hit top 10 peaks in Netherlands, Scotland, Switzerland & Australia, along with top 20 positions in Belgium, Spain, Germany & Denmark.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Sep 9 2017, 06:25 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 9 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Perfect blend, masculine (can't get enough now)

17. I'm Glad | This Is Me...Then | Avg.7.466

Highest Scores: 10: (Jack, Regina, Nick F1, Lukuzz, Scene), 9: (Davidson, Liam, classydude, Mack, Simon, SameBoy, Floater), Lowest Scores: 3: (CianS)

At #17 we have the last of the 3 way tie, 'I'm Glad', despite having the same amount of 10's as 'AIF', this is placed higher because it had more 9's. Released in April 2003 as the 3rd single from her 3rd album 'This Is Me...Then'. The song is an elegant uptempo R&B ballad and contains a sample of Schooly D song 'P.S.K. What Does It Mean?' from 1986. The music video pays homage to the movie 'Flashdance' where it copies several key scenes really well, giving it a very authentic look with stunning cinematography and great visuals. But all this lead to controversy as Paramount pictures filed a lawsuit against her which was eventually settled out of court. The song itself is not one of my personal faves, find it quite boring although the video and remixes does breathe life into it, and she does give a good vocal delivery where she engages a lot of passion and energy into it. Upon release the song was successful in several countries with top 10 peaks in Netherlands, Canada & Australia, as well as top 20 peaks in the UK (breaking her run of 8 top 5 hits), Switzerland, Italy, Ireland & Spain. In the USA it managed moderate success by reaching #32 becoming her 10th top 40 hit.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Sep 9 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
❤️ Papi.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 10 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #58
Group icon
The next one to drop will be a lead single, any guesses...

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 10 2017, 01:43 AM
Post #59
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
If You Had My love maybe or Do It Well

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post Sep 10 2017, 01:45 AM
Post #60
Group icon
---
User: 17,418
Jenny From The Block.

I hope it is anyway.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:45 PM