BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana's connections with other AF artists, completed!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 15th July 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Ariana is always open to working with other artists! She also got a record deal thanks to her covers of her favourite songs back in the day. But... has she collided with your favourite? I thought it would be fun to go through all of the other AF artists on BuzzJack and see if they have any kind of connection with Ariana! Whether it's a collaboration, a photo together or a tweet about the artist from Ariana. Hope you guys enjoy biggrin.gif commencing with Ariana and Beyoncé shortly... ohmy.gif

(hopefully can find something for all of them - Darius would be a challenge if that AF still existed laugh.gif)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th July 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ariana Grande and... Beyoncé and Destiny's Child

We begin with the Beyoncé and Destiny's Child forum and this will continue in alphabetical order!

So, an obvious pick for an Ariana and Beyoncé connection is the fact that Ariana re-worked a Beyoncé demo for her album 'Sweetener' ohmy.gif

The album track 'R.E.M.' was originally a Beyoncé song called 'Wake Up', here is what that sounded like:

and then here is the Ariana version:

'Wake Up' is a left-over from Bey's 2013 album 'BEYONCÉ' and Pharrell passed the song on to Ariana after they began working together.

Are you glad that 'R.E.M.' became part of Ari's discography or are you not so fond?

+Quote this post
Slick
post 15th July 2020, 05:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I really like R.E.M but it would have suited Beyoncé too so I'm pleased either way laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 15th July 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
LOVE this thread idea!

Buzzing for Ariana tweeting about Take That and Dannii Minogue x

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 15th July 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Love the thread idea Jade wub.gif Intruiged to see what you find for some of the artists. I can't think of anything about Rita Ora for example laugh.gif Take That sounds like it was going to be difficult but there is something obvious.

I love R.E.M so much. I'm certainly glad Beyonce never kept it.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th July 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Thanks guys, glad you're liking the idea wub.gif

Ariana Grande and... Britney Spears

Ariana has a repertoire of celebrity impressions that she has wheeled out on different TV shows in the past! Britney appears to be one of the most popular ones that she likes doing. One of the impression videos I had in mind has been taken down despite me posting it in the Happy Birthday Ariana thread just a month ago ohmy.gif but there's a Clevver report with the clip in it that still exists so that will do kink.gif

Britney responded by saying "I’ve heard better" DeadBanana.gif !! But went on to be a lot more complimentary of Ari laugh.gif as she also said: "That’s funny. That’s really funny. Wow. She’s good very good. I love her voice, it’s very smooth. Her [real] voice." Legends supporting legends!

I also HAVE to share possibly the best Ariana mash-up I've ever heard:

wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 16th July 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
Step On Up (Blackout version) is INCREDIBLE.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 17th July 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
^ Taste!

Ariana Grande and... Calvin Harris

Now it's time for the first collaboration between Ariana and an artist with an AF! In 2017, Calvin Harris released 'Heatstroke' as the second single from his 'Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1' album. This featured Young Thug, Pharrell Williams and Ariana herself. She would of course end up working with Pharrell a lot more!

This release turned out to be a little underwhelming in ways. Firstly, it only managed to peak at #25 despite other singles from the campaign charting in the top 10. It limped in at #96 on the Billboard Hot 100 also. There was no music video for it either. So it quickly passed us by.

'Heatstroke' performed a little better in our 2020 singles rate than I was expecting - what do you think of it?

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 17th July 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
Heatstroke is awful.

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 17th July 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703
I completely forgot that Heatstroke existed ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Slick
post 18th July 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #11
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I really like 'Heatstroke' but it was quite disappointing given the names involved. Ariana is barely used.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th July 2020, 04:49 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ariana Grande and... Dua Lipa

Ariana and Dua were originally supposed to be collaborating together on the song 'Bad To You'! However, plans fell through, with Dua stating: "I love Ari, I love everything she does. But the timing wasn’t quite right." As a result, it was Normani and Nicki Minaj who jumped on the song instead for the Charlie's Angels soundtrack:

So, sadly no Ari and Dua collab yet. A couple of pictures of the two together exist at least:

Would you be interested in an Ariana and Dua collaboration materialising one day?

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 18th July 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703
I would loveee an Ariana and Dua collab one day! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th July 2020, 11:22 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Alone and wounded
^ Me too *.* it's a shame that their plans fell through

Ariana Grande and... Ellie Goulding

This has quite easily been the toughest one so far laugh.gif the only thing I could find is that they both performed at the 2016 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball *_*

Enjoy Christmas in July if you're feeling wild today kink.gif (plus 'Side To Side', 'Into You', 'Be Alright' and 'Dangerous Woman')

Looks like Ellie sang 'On My Mind', 'Anything Could Happen' and 'Love Me Like You Do'

Would you like to see the two of them properly crossing paths one day?

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 19th July 2020, 11:57 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Heatstroke is ok. It should have been better.

I love both Ariana & Dua but I'm not sure how well they would work on a track together. I would be interested to hear it though. Bad To You wasn't great so I'm glad Dua wasn't on that.

I've never seen that performance from Ari before ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th July 2020, 09:44 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ariana Grande and... Girls Aloud and Solo

Girls Aloud was always going to be difficult but I did manage to find a couple of Cheryl connections!

Firstly, they interacted on Twitter back in the day laugh.gif

A lot of articles from a few years back seem to compare their looks. But also, I found one from 2014 where Cheryl praises Ariana: "She's so cute! She’s like a little Disney character - like a real life one. I love her new song with Iggy Azalea."

Finally, of course both Ariana and Cheryl were on the line-up for Manchester Pride last year on 25th August! The quality of both of their sets was praised on social media (with Ariana's criticism mainly being that people wished it was longer):

Are you as much of a 'Problem' stan as Cheryl? Did you get the chance to attend Manchester Pride?

+Quote this post
Jade
post 21st July 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ariana Grande and... Katy Perry

Ari and Katy have quite a long history of moments! They were first photographed together back in 2013 at the Kids Choice Awards:

^ A meeting of the women behind Cat Valentine and Katy Cats!

They were more recently photographed together at the 2018 Met Gala:

They've been very complimentary of each other over the years. Back in 2013 Katy actually said that Ariana had the "best female vocal in pop music today."!

They have... sort of collabed as they were both on 'Earth' by Lil Dicky kink.gif laugh.gif

Finally, Katy was a part of Ariana's One Love Manchester event back in 2017! She sang both 'Roar' and 'Part Of Me' - both songs about strength.

Do you want to see more of the Ariana and Katy friendship?

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd July 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Ariana Grande and... Kylie and Dannii Minogue

Turns out that Ariana is a big Kylie fan and expressed this on Twitter a decade ago:

This is referring to Kylie's role in Moulin Rouge! as The Green Fairy!

I guess they have both been a green fairy now ohmy.gif

Both have of course been Pride headliners too - Ari recently at Manchester and Kylie in Brighton.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd July 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #19
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
Hoping the Rihanna one will be her laughing at Ari's dancing kink.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd July 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
THIS THREAD

cheeseblock.png

What a great and fabulous idea! The Cheryl connection is cute! I wish their Pride sets were televised. Heard absolutely nothing but praise!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 12:08 PM