BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Favourite Rihanna era?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Favorite Era?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew.
post Sep 14 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
(Stolen from the Britney forum soz) What was your favourite Rihanna era? This may not necessarily be your favourite album of hers but one where her performances were her best, great videos and great promo etc

For me I went for Loud, the album definitely is not her best but there just seemed to be a f***king insane amount of buzz for her! The ANTI era has been generally good (her performances now are among her best IMO), but two out of the three videos we have so far have been underwhelming and I'd like to see more promo!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Sep 14 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
loud for me too. i agree it was mostly about the buzz and it felt like at the time everything she touched turned to gold. plus it probably is my favourite album overall in terms of good memories i have of the songs at the time. the red hair was also a LOOK

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Sep 14 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
'Rated R' definitely!
Loved the fact she came back with 'Russian Roulette' when everyone was expecting something upbeat. The album cover and photo shoot is incredible, the videos are some of her best and the music is amazing too. Pretty much the perfect era. Seriously love the look she had going on then.

+Quote this post
post Sep 14 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Loud because she was truly at her peak then and it was quite exciting to see. She went straight into we Found Love from that era and it showed she had become an unstoppable force. The era included What's My Name and Britney Collabs! Two of my favourites.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 14 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'm gonna say GGGB was my favourite era to follow, Rated R is definitely her best album and probably the most excited I've been to follow her but how the overall era was handled marred it a bit for me.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Sep 14 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
I'm also gonna go with 'Loud' because it has a lot of hits. I thought 'Only Girl' was a great comeback single and hearing 'Man Down' on the radio (I hadn't listened to the album yet) for the first time was such a MOMENT. Hearing 'Man Down' was the moment I fully realized that Rihanna was much cooler than the other pop girls, as none of the others would be able to pull something like that off. It's still my favorite Rihanna song to this day.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 15 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I know 'Loud' would be the obvious choice, but I went for 'Good Girl Gone Bad era', as that was the start of something incredible and took everybody by surprise, as not only was it totally different from her first 2 albums, it was where Rihanna became an A-List superstar and 'Umbrella' was the start of it, and then we got some brilliant tunes such as 'Don't Stop The Music' & 'Disturbia' and each song had a fantastic video, and this era will always have a special place in my heart, as it made people sit up and take full notice.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 15 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Loud.

I loved seeing her at her unstoppable best!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 15 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Overall package for me would have to be 'Loud'. That era elevated her from "Popstar" to "Icon", imo. It was the era in which I knew Rihanna would go down as one of the all time best popstars, no matter what happened in the future. But GGGB was great seeing her elevate and transition from "a few hits wonder" to "actual popstar"! So many times prior to GGGB I thought she wasn't gonna last too much longer. But then 'Umbrella' happened, I listened to the album and was blown away by it (after being majorly let down by her first two).

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Sep 16 2016, 12:51 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Copying my threads I see tongue.gif

Was between GGGB and Loud but went with the former. The singles were on point and the album is, imo, better. It also has my favorite Rihanna looks.
I think its the era I became a true fan, I was sold.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 16 2016, 09:03 AM
Post #11
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
GGGB

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 16 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #12
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
The Loud era was sensational. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 21 2016, 11:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Good Girl Gone Bad then 'Loud' but very close between the two.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:40 AM