BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Gods of Egypt, Release Date: 26.02.2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 19th November 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

I just watched the official trailer and it looks very impressive movie. However, I notice that it has many dislikes on YOUTUBE. We all know that Hollywood never take seriously the history or mythology. It happened a lot of times with Ancient Greeks in the past. It's only for entertainment.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 19th November 2015, 11:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I've not seen the trailer yet but the posters are just awful sick2.gif But hilariously awful laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 7th January 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"The Gods of Egypt" is a fantasy film that made its official premiere in greek cinemas during the last days of February. The production cost more than $140 million and the cast consisted of famous (Gerard Butler) and renowned (Geoffrey Rush) actors. Hollywood, after Greek Mythology, seemed to turn its attention to other ancient cultures aspiring to break the US box office. However, the collections of the film showed exactly the opposite.
This time I will not write a summary about the case of the film because it'll be frankly a waste of time. Do not expect to get serious about this movie – besides, its official trailer proved itself- because the story is fiction that was invented by two writers, Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. The dialogues were contemporaries and the characters seemed very cool in the movie screen. The Greek-Australian director Alex Proyas must have been jealous of the glory of "Xena: Warrior Princess” and" Hercules" and he made this movie driven by these two successful television series. Pity though, because he had done enough good jobs in the past such as The Crow and I, Robot. His penultimate film was, however, little folly (The Knowing) and judging from the result of "Gods of Egypt", Alex Proyas went it further. Though, I don't want to be only negative, so I have to say that the film was seen pleasantly throughout its duration and the intense colors of the picture were an eye catcher. Furthermore, it had some impressive scenes while we laughed enough with some dialogues between the main protagonists.
"Gods of Egypt" is definitely one of the most tragic movies I've seen on the big screen in recent years! It was the "cinematic trolling" of last year and hopefully, I will not watch something similar in the near future. It received very negative reviews from critics and it has concentrated a modest average score of 5,5 by IMDb users. The total earnings were very disappointing and the producers of the film surely lost a large amount of money. Nevertheless, it'll be a very good lesson for them to stop investing their money in these sacrileges. I'm sure that it will be a big favorite for the upcoming Razzie Awards!

PS Geoffrey Rush must owe a lot of money to have participated in this film.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:32 PM