BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> All Stars 5 | Episode 2 Discussion Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 13th June 2020, 02:08 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 13th June 2020, 02:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Shea killed it in every aspect wub.gif

Her runway look was stunning.

Also I am not sure what is happening with Miz Cracker but I am not loving her attitude in All Stars!!!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 13th June 2020, 02:38 AM
Post #3
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Miz Cracker was unbearable this episode!!!

A deserved Shea win and Mariah did not deserve that bottom placement at all! Should have been a bottom 2

WHAT A LIPSYNC THOUGH! An all time great

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 13th June 2020, 03:27 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

Shea and Blair really shined this episode! Controversial opinion perhaps but I loved Cracker's performance and runway too.

Correct bottom three and the right girl went home in my eyes.

Shouldn't be long until the snatch game (my favourite episode every season).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th June 2020, 10:18 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Shea did T H A T multiple times this episode! She ATE the rap, she DESTROYED the runway and she OWNED that lipsync. I audibly gasped at her runway, beyond stunning. This is her world and we are living in it. I think Jujubee was my second fave, I'd have put Cracker over Blair in the top tbh but all of those 4 were great. I agree Mariah shouldn't really have been bottom 3 though, I think India and Ongina were clearly a rung below her and it felt odd to drag her down to there as well when last week was only a bottom 3.

Miz Cracker as a kind of villain, I did not see that coming laugh.gif I think she's in her head like she was in S10 but in a different way, she seems to be aware of the way she is coming across and doesn't want to be like that, but then immediately she's in the preview being like that again to Alexis? It's just not likeable, understandable or rootable at all, but I guess it will be good TV if her attitude causes more drama.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 13th June 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #6
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Shea did INCREDIBLY and Jujubee was wonderful! Juju is just SO electric that you cannot take your eyes off of her. She oozes charisma!

Thought everybody did decently this episode to be honest! Think the judging was fair - correct winner, correct Bottom 3 (if we had to have a Bottom 3) and correct eliminated queen. Almost everyone looked good on the runway too!! I kinda wish Blair had done just a nude runway as well which I know was at odds with what she was trying to achieve, but that's just because I personally love nude colours (and also the pink reminds me of Monét's HORRIBLE cat runway LOL). She still looked v good tho. India's makeup was STUNNING and loved Juju's whole ensemble. Shea NATURALLY absolutely shined runway wise of course too. Incredible illusion with the different coloured rhinestones to create dimension, really really gorgeous.

I don't mind Cracker's attitude to be honest as a TV viewer. I can see where she was coming from and as she's a very neurotic person I expected this to come out of her tbh. She's a dark and sensitive soul and I'm glad we're at least getting to see some proper inner dialogue from her.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 13th June 2020, 10:41 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

A great episode, I much preferred it to last week. I think I liked every runway and no one did a bad job at all in the challenge, I thought Alexis deserved a high placement. Shea was the clear standout though and her runway was amazing, hopefully she keeps this level of greatness up
Imo Cracker was just straight up pretty nasty this episode. No need for her initial comments to Ongina and then her “reasoning” made no sense, it’s not about not believing in yourself it’s about not making unnecessary comments. No doubt she’ll be constantly defended though whilst queens like Jasmine, Vixen, Ra’Jah, Silky, Brita etc all had to go through hell during their season...

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 13th June 2020, 10:45 AM
Post #8
Group icon

LMLou I totally agree with your last point - be all in or all out when it comes to the drama or like-for-like situations. Too much racism in this fandom!

One thing that's really irked me recently is how bad Rajah O'Hara got it from fans during her season and afterwards. Luckily people are clocking on and she's had a little bit of an outpouring of support recently. I thought apart from her drama she didn't really bring what she needed for the show which is why I wasn't a big fan, but her talking heads and her awkward attitudes made for incredible viewing. She's obviously VERY talented too whether she got to showcase that on the show fully or not.

Some of her lines are hilarious - I say "I'm not gagging" all of the time now!

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 13th June 2020, 10:48 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I mean obviously it’s only been one episode so far so you can’t really compare the response, more just a fear that if it continues I feel like the backlash for Cracker will be no where near what it is for some queens of colour
And I don’t want it to be like “everyone must HATE Cracker”, it’ll just be interesting to see the overall twosome is all

This post has been edited by LMLou: 13th June 2020, 10:52 AM

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 13th June 2020, 10:49 AM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(LMLou @ Jun 13 2020, 11:48 AM) *
I mean obviously it’s only been one episode so far so you can’t really compare the response far, more just a fear that if it continues I feel like the backlash for Cracker will be no where near what it is for some queens of colour.

I have the same fear. Cracker's only been 'direct' in my eyes so far - was it unnecessary? Yes. But at least she realised it. However if it continues I can totally see there being a washing over of it from fans.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 13th June 2020, 12:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Shea is just incredible. That runway look 😍 and her performance 😍 What a star.
I would’ve preferred either of the others in the bottom two to have gone instead though.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 13th June 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

Miz Cracker is not coming across well HOWEVER I have been watching this show long enough to know what the producers want and how the editing works. I still think she's coming across as a fierce competitor and (importantly) apologetic for her behaviour.

Just give Shea the crown! Has there ever been such an obvious winner? If she doesn't win, I will riot.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 13th June 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Slick @ Jun 13 2020, 02:08 PM) *
Miz Cracker is not coming across well HOWEVER I have been watching this show long enough to know what the producers want and how the editing works. I still think she's coming across as a fierce competitor and (importantly) apologetic for her behaviour.

Just give Shea the crown! Has there ever been such an obvious winner? If she doesn't win, I will riot.

Everyone knew Alaska was going to win before the cast was even decided.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th June 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Finally caught up. Shea was fab. Poor Ongina, but tbh I was struggling to think what else she would bring. The show was a lot easier standard when she was on.

Tbh India has exceeded expectations a lot so far!

Re Cracker I feel like she phrased herself poorly & it was then cut shadily. I can see the comparisons between her & Jan (haven't seen her season yet) but I feel like Jan is a step up.

Juju is everything that Ongina wasn't.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 13th June 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jun 13 2020, 04:02 PM) *
Everyone knew Alaska was going to win before the cast was even decided.

That's a fair point, I'd forgotten about the All Stars 2 shenanigans.

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 13th June 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

I don't think Shea is going to steamroll this by any stretch, not in the way Alaska or Dela did, not with Alexis and JuJu around.

That untucked moment between Shea and Alexis was giving me massive final two big dick energy though.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 13th June 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Such a good episode! I think this is the first runway I've liked every single look. Shea was STUNNING and killed the challenge - obvious winner. I would've put Alexis top over Blair, but other than that agreed with everything else. I'm happy to see Alexis showing what a fierce queen she is on this season so far! Sad to see Ongina go - I thought she was going to be one of the strongest competitors.

This cast is so strong. I'm not sure how on earth there's going to be just one winner picked from it!

Also, is it just me or did Alyssa not seem to try that hard in the lip sync? I swear she could've done better. I was kinda hoping we'd see Sasha Velour appear to lip sync against Shea though. laugh.gif

Also, is anyone else loving Jujubee's confessionals? wub.gif

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 13th June 2020, 11:33 PM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 14th June 2020, 03:34 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Watching back the I’m In Love challenge- Mayhem did brilliantly!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 14th June 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #19
Group icon

I still don't understand how Cracker's runway fitted the bill. She doesn't have green skin.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 14th June 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Jun 14 2020, 04:39 PM) *
I still don't understand how Cracker's runway fitted the bill. She doesn't have green skin.

It was beige was it not?!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:12 PM