BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sovarasma National Thread, BJSC 164: The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 16th July 2021, 04:18 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

First consecutive qualification!

Sovarasma has achieved her first consecutive qualification! Thanks everyone for your support to Heal Me. Here is the same combo but a newer song!

As for next edition, I originally had a plan B if Monogamy gets picked this edition with an equally well-produced and catchy pop song, but on second thoughts I am probably going to send an instrumental track is going to wow you all.

EDIT: Decided to send the anthem of the year! Get excited!! cheer.gif

This post has been edited by uhsting: 23rd July 2021, 11:09 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 15th August 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #42
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Sovarasma has decided to send BATHSHEBA

Originally scheduled to be sent in September and have an artist pre-selection done for that month's edition, BATHSHEBA will represent Sovarasma in BJSC 137. Sovarasma decided to try pop again after failing to qualify with Andrea Moss. Will she succeed this time round?

About BATHSHEBA
BATHSHEBA is a Danish singer with Nigerian roots. Her lyrics are described as "personal", and "often have a darker twist with themes such as neglect and self-doubt." She is considered a rising star in the Danish pop industry.

About Fighting for Your Love
Fighting for Your Love is a song about BATHSHEBA's father neglect on BATHSHEBA throughout her childhood. She grew up to be a strong woman despite being let down by her loved ones. In the music video, she brought the message of family violence or neglect using the power and unity of children. I think this is an empowering pop song which has a deep message and I hope you all enjoy!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 16th August 2021, 08:22 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 17th August 2021, 09:26 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Just realised the song I sent to BJFest VI has an official video!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 22nd August 2021, 06:37 PM
Post #44
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

DNQ again sad.gif

Sadly Sovarasma tried pop again and it did not pay off. I probably will not try pop for a while. Here is an earlier single of BATHSHEBA!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 22nd August 2021, 06:38 PM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 22nd August 2021, 06:41 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I'm gutted. One of my instant faves of this month! Would have been an easy 12 for me.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 22nd August 2021, 07:54 PM
Post #46
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Aug 22 2021, 07:41 PM) *
I'm gutted. One of my instant faves of this month! Would have been an easy 12 for me.

Thanks Jafet! I really thought this song would be a great pop entry per BJSC standards so it was a bit surprising it is the worst performing pop song in the semi. Oh well dry.gif

Teasing a bit about the next song I'm going to send -- it's going to be in a foreign language (first time since Koti (under Why So Sirius) but it's not in Finnish) but it is a good mixture of pop, dance and synths. It is a bit like the mix of my three previous entries. I hope this track will send me right back to the final! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 22nd August 2021, 08:10 PM
Post #47
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Really surprised BATHSHEBA didn't qualify! One of the strongest pop tracks of the semi and I thought it'd go down really well with the rest of the voters. Shame sad.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 21st September 2021, 09:58 PM
Post #48
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

It's Giolì & Assia for Sovarasma!

Going for an entry that is more instant and more dancey, Sovarasma goes for the rising stars Giolì & Assia. Will they send Sovarasma back to the final?

About Giolì & Assia
Giolì & Assia are a young Italian duo (who are also a couple) of producers, singers, songwriters, multi-instrumentalists etc. They started in 2017 and released "Something Special" with Spinnin' Records that granted them a residence place in Ibiza. Their live show #DiesisLive garnered more than six million views and their popularity has been on a meteoric rise.

About Bebe
Contrary to what I thought, this song is actually in Spanish. They incorporate the sensual Spanish lyrics to craft a stunning soundscape in this song, with the music video shot in Italy.

I think I found the perfect entry for Sovarasma in BJSC 139

This post has been edited by uhsting: 21st September 2021, 11:18 PM

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 22nd September 2021, 06:26 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I love Giolì & Assia...I was a big fan of 'Hands On Me' earlier this year (charted in my Top 10 for few weeks).

This is also pretty decent and hopefully it should do well wub.gif

And not so many foreign language songs in this edition (I think only three or four including mine)!!!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 22nd September 2021, 10:15 AM
Post #50
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Glad you loved the artist and the song! wub.gif It is a risk sending a song in foreign language to this contest but I think this is actually the highlight of the song. I hope it will do well biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 28th September 2021, 08:09 PM
Post #51
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Another DNQ

Sadly it's another DNQ for Sovarasma sad.gif Back to the drawing board!

Next entry for BJSC 139 will be my reaction to the increasing use of car alarms in BJSC entries. Joking aside, it has a bombastic final drop that will blow your mind!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 18th October 2021, 09:44 PM
Post #52
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

The HoD has officially lost their mind!

Following an alarming rise of the use of alarms (not just car alarms) in BJSC, the Sovarasman HoD has had enough and has gone insane, sending this drop-heavy song by Party Favor and Elohim to celebrate Halloween. Be very scared!

About Party Favor
Party Favor is the stage name of American DJ and producer Dylan Ragland. His most famous song is perhaps Circle Up featuring Bipolar Sunshine, which appeared in the Coca-Cola Energy launch commercial and on the eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 soundtrack.

About Elohim
Elohim is no stranger to BJSC. In fact, I was first introduced to her a few years ago with Sensations. She is an expert in electropop. One of her EPs deals heavily with themes of mental illness, with all the proceedings going towards various mental health initiatives.

About Losing My Mind
When I first heard this song, I immediately thought, "This is the hit!" The beginning draws the attention immediately with the intelligent use of exhale sounds. I quite like the voice alteration here as it showcases the versatility of Elohim's vocals. Obviously, I must draw your attention to the drops in this song, especially the last drop, where it hits really hard and is a huge highlight of the entire song!

“I feel like I’m constantly losing my mind,” Elohim says. “Questioning what’s real. Or if anything really is.”

“I want ‘Losing My Mind’ to feel sonically as though you are driving through the apocalypse, like Mad Max,” Party Favor says. “Lyrically, ‘Losing My Mind’ is a play on how dance music gets into our heads and creates this endless cycle.”

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 25th October 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #53
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Back in the finals again!

Y'all think there is a reference to Gesaffelstein music so let me just drop one of his singles randomly x

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 25th October 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
User: 21,587

Congrats Sovarasma! Deserved wink.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 25th October 2021, 10:15 PM
Post #55
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

QUOTE(awardinary @ Oct 25 2021, 11:09 PM) *
Congrats Sovarasma! Deserved wink.gif

Thanks Wardy! The instrumentation really stands out here and I hope it resonates with most people dance.gif Halloween is upon us!

Glad I now have 3 qualifiers this year (1 more than last year) so that's a new record broken for me biggrin.gif I'm starting to finalise what kind of style I'm going for next year. Next edition is probably going to be a preview to the general style I'm going for next year, which is exciting but also hits quite close to what normally would become a huge favourite for me. I think the track I'm sending the next edition is probably my most favourite entry for Sovarasma of the year, obviously if it goes through the veto process.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 25th October 2021, 11:39 PM
Post #56
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I’ve been following Elohim since I heard Half Love from her, no surprise this song is a bop

+Quote this post
danG
post 26th October 2021, 08:26 AM
Post #57
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Hate or Glory finished 2nd back in the day which is why a few of us picked up on the similarity
but this does stand out well on its own too so hopefully that's a sign this entry of yours will be a hit

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd November 2021, 12:14 AM
Post #58
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

CANCEL BJSC 140 WE'RE SO GONNA WIN WITH THIS

obviously not the entry for bjsc 140 for sovarasma don't worry x

why so sirius is drooling

This post has been edited by uhsting: 3rd November 2021, 12:16 AM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 13th November 2021, 11:34 AM
Post #59
Group icon
I feel it COMING!

Provinces of Sovarasma announced!

Aoede is pleased to announce the administrative regions of Sovarasma! We have 15 provinces plus 1 autonomous region in Sovarasma. We are unable to completely take over the country as Why So Sirius reign proves to be too resilient and are hiding behind the mountains to the south. As a result, we designate the region as an autonomous region.

The capital Agerson is situated at the delta of Tillcord River, home to 4.5 million people. The second most populous city is Melogi, home to 3 million people. The third most populous city is Yumye, home to 2 million people. The Snotra Space Station (named after the slipspace engine inventor Snotra) is located in Plusiask Province, where flights to other Sovarasman space colonies are provided.

Our country is welcome to establish tighter diplomatic relations with other countries, including visa exemptions and free university tuition fees! In the meantime, our entrants are ready to board the Bøtanikkä Airways plane at Livinforge Airport, just 75 km south of the capital city Agerson.

Huge credits to Jafet for producing this detailed and professional map!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 13th November 2021, 11:36 AM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 13th November 2021, 12:16 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 12,837

Happy to help! Also wanted to note that your previous (SHOCK) non-qualifier BATHSHEBA has managed to peak at No. 7 in my personal chart. Really don't understand how that didn't qualify. Excited to see what you've got to offer for BJSC 140!

Also totally forgot that Heal Me was your entry as well! It's been a very long running hit for me with 17 weeks in the Top 200 peaking at No. 10 ohmy.gif So you actually have two singles in my top 40 right now biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 09:11 AM