BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Absolutely Anything, Robin Williams in his final (voice) role
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 21st June 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

This looks bonkers, in such a great, fun way! laugh.gif

Robin Williams is voicing the dog in what turned out to be his final role. sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th July 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

My new mostly anticapted film after Fantastic Four now after watching the trailer, it really does look bonkers in a good way, looks pretty funny too, I know the best bits are always in the trailers and stuff but this looks really exciting laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 14th August 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

It was fun, amusing but not a 'laugh out loud' sort imo (apart from a certain joke which raised a chuckle). Some of the outcomes from his wishes were pedantic and others less so like when he says 'clothes, get dressed on me', his whole wardrobe should come out but it's just a silly movie so tongue.gif

Could've been better but a fine way to pass not even 90 minutes, not as bad as some reviews would suggest.

Loved the way it wrapped up and nice to see behind the scenes (voice recording) of Robin Williams in the credits.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 18th August 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

A decent old-fashioned British rom-com of sorts. I adored the 5 Pythons as aliens, the gags were fine, the cast were great, a bit Fish Called Wanda here, a bit Life Of Brian there, a bit Notting Hill there. OK the rather unrealistic quaint view of teachers being rubbish and policemen on the beat all a bit period these days, but good-natured. Yes the logic of being specific when making "magic wishes" thing was done first in X-Files (brilliantly and comically), but, I mean, Eddie Izzard, Meera Syal, Joanna Lumley, Sanjeev Bhaskar....and of course the rather scene stealing dog (Robin Williams, I just get so sad watching it, though, especially one scene) in a screen partnership with man of the moment Simon Pegg.

7/10 (I'm being generous cos hey it's got PYTHONS and it's a Python writing and directing!)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:38 AM