BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Circle • Series 1, Channel 4 // 18th September
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #121
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It's retained viewers really well, didn't it drop to like 400k on its second episode? I know even its top ratings isn't exactly stellar for Channel 4, but considering it dropped from 1 million to that, it could have fallen to a much more embarrassing number, so the fact it's risen and is even beating BB is brilliant for it. I mean I kind of thought it was going to absolutely bomb after that and end up cancelled before it ended laugh.gif

Also not that it's going to become as big as Love Island by any means, but the first series of Love Island only averaged 600k across the series and look how that built! It may end up on E4 but it'd be interesting to see how it builds. Overnight ratings aren't the be all and end all for a show like this, it's a new format that needs the word of mouth and buzz and obviously if someone hears about it now, they can't contribute to that but can go and catch up. There's also a lot of social media buzz which helps.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 8th October 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #122
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 8 2018, 03:21 PM) *
It's retained viewers really well, didn't it drop to like 400k on its second episode? I know even its top ratings isn't exactly stellar for Channel 4, but considering it dropped from 1 million to that, it could have fallen to a much more embarrassing number, so the fact it's risen and is even beating BB is brilliant for it. I mean I kind of thought it was going to absolutely bomb after that and end up cancelled before it ended laugh.gif

Also not that it's going to become as big as Love Island by any means, but the first series of Love Island only averaged 600k across the series and look how that built! It may end up on E4 but it'd be interesting to see how it builds. Overnight ratings aren't the be all and end all for a show like this, it's a new format that needs the word of mouth and buzz and obviously if someone hears about it now, they can't contribute to that but can go and catch up. There's also a lot of social media buzz which helps.

Yeah I compared it to LI on DS and how that seemed to manage to maintain/ build up its success.

And agreed considering how the ratings slumped for the 2nd episode the fact its now pulled ahead is a good sign - be interesting to see what the final rates.

I haven't been this obsessed by a Reality TV show since the Channel 4 Big Brother Days laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #123
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Just catching up on yesterday and are they THAT thick to not realise that Sian is always top and would have been the super influencer? laugh.gif Ughhh she just gets on my tits so much.

Freddie is putting me off again with this too ffs.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #124
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Dan's face to Alex revealing himself rotf.gif He's coming across as a right idiot in this, knowing he signed up to this show and is just more worried that he didn't get a girl out of it like it was Love Island :')

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 8th October 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #125
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Sian actually being around the others has made me warm to her immensely.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Sian did come across better there! Still think what she did in the show (or didn't lmao) doesn't deserve to win though. I'd put her above Dan now after that meeting though, at least she was like yeah it's a game and just got over it. I just think she came across quite thick and a bit of a sheep mostly. I'm sure she's a nice person irl but meh at her on the show.

Alex/Kate all the way for me, my fave since the start along with Genelle and I want him to win even more after that. His face seeing Millie, love is real after all wub.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 8th October 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

I’d love a Kate win. Dan has gone so far down in my estimations that I’d now go Kate, Sian, Freddie and Dan I’m that order.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #128
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Voted Kate/Alex on both my iPad and phone on the app yesterday and again tonight also! *.* Fingers crossed he at least gets the £25k!

Wouldn't it be ICONIC if like everyone gave low ratings but then Dan gave Kate a 5 and made Alex win rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

YESSSSSSSS OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! My winner since day 1 wub.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 8th October 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #130
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Omg YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th October 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #131
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

OMGG THE PUBLIC WINNER AS WELL! I wish they revealed the ratings though, I feel like maybe they all did it tactically and then Dan gave Kate 5 which would be hilare laugh.gif

Amazing I am so happy at this, such a satisfying end, worth the boring bits at times wub.gif Haven't felt like this over a winner of a reality show in recent years other than Isabelle in BB last yar tbh. Someone who actually tackled the game by risking being a catfish, but a thoroughly decent guy at the end of it all. Hopefully this encourages less Dan/Sians if we get a season 2 kink.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 8th October 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #132
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 8 2018, 11:13 PM) *
OMGG THE PUBLIC WINNER AS WELL! I wish they revealed the ratings though, I feel like maybe they all did it tactically and then Dan gave Kate 5 which would be hilare laugh.gif

Amazing I am so happy at this, such a satisfying end, worth the boring bits at times wub.gif Haven't felt like this over a winner of a reality show in recent years other than Isabelle in BB last yar tbh.

I think you’re spot on there, Dan’s integrity played a massive part here. I couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome, I’ve been rooting for Alex all the way through and all the others had moments where I didn’t like them.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 8th October 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #133
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

So happy with the double win!

Everyone's low rankings and then Dan giving Kate a 5 sealed.

So happy that He won and was the one I've wanted to win from the start biggrin.gif

Best result on a RTV show for a fair while!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 8th October 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #134
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Also so glad Freddie didn’t win anything

Hope there’s a series 2!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 8th October 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #135
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Pleased for Alex as he does seem like a really genuine, down to earth person and pretty much played the game perfectly and stuck with the character throughout. I, too, am just glad Freddie didn't manage to win anything. His entrance/interview went right through me. Unbearable even to the bitter end. drama.gif

I do wonder whether Dan actually did believe Kate was a catfish, or whether he was just going along with everybody else's instincts so he didn't look like too much of a blind fool? He said as many times that he'd made peace with the fact that she was probably a catfish and that he actually liked whoever was behind it, so I don't understand why you'd react the way he did when he finally met Alex?

Really hoping that we'll get a second series because this series was absolutely fantastic and had me hooked from start to finish. heart.gif

+Quote this post
post 8th October 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #136
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

So pleased for Kate!!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 9th October 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #137
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Well done to Kate/Alex, a double win which was deserved.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th October 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #138
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Kate/Alex deserved the win!!

+Quote this post