BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Super Melodifestivalen 2014 - Deltävling Tre, we can dance all night with the bourgeoisie
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 18th August 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Hej och välkommen till Super Melodifestivalen, där vi har nått deltävling tre! We've seen two rounds go by, and now we're onto three out of four.

We're fresh from mourning Lynda Woodruff's classy ballad going out in 8th but also celebrating a victory for men's rights as Salem El Fakir goes through to AC even though he is technically a man, although his pitch disagrees with us (see also: Matthew Koma) so it probably wasn't as much of a challenge as it might have been were Ralf Gyllenhammar singing the song.

Oh, Timoteij & that Greek woman were the main attractions, going straight to the final in a shock no-one could have predicted, with schlager triumph Lili och Susie and minor schlager nouveau Janet Leon joining Salem in andra chansen. So what do we have for you now? MORE SCHLAGER? With a couple of $l*t-dropping full-on pop anthems for good measure? As you command:

1. Sanna Nielsen - Vågar du vågar jag

There has been no shortage of her in the past couple of rounds but rejoice, because Sanna returns again as the first track in this heat. The track of her Swedish attempts that I recognise the most, and it's pretty decent. It seems to be rather popular around here though? Can it, unlike I'm In Love and Hela varden for mig, even get through to the next round of AC?

2. Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope & Glory

It's not quite Cara Mia but Mans puts out a strong performance on this nevertheless, a favourite in 2009 apparently. I wouldn't know, I'll try my best but I'm still quite green. It's a lovely pop song though but will it have a chance to go any further in this heat? That final has already been very well represented in the first two heats with Stay The Night, Love Love Love and Moving On all appearing with mixed results, but none of them beat Mans on the night. Who could have done that?

3. Malena Ernman - La voix

Ms Malena Ernman of course. Winning in 2009 with this classy operatic number (but not fully an overblown ballad, you know, to appeal to all those bases) she took it to middling success at Eurovision and of course found some fans through that. When looking at the others in this final I'm surprised it won as the likes of Stay The Night and Hope & Glory seem much more like Sweden's thing, but I don't know if there was any context to go with it. It's certainly performed very well. Will it win over Buzzjack hearts enough?

4. Anniela - Elektrisk

Now here's a rarity among this top 40. I had no notion that this even existed before it came this high, as I started in 2012, this is from 2011 and I did not include this on my brief foray into the past. Coming 6th in the heat then I don't suppose there was much reason to, yet this is obviously a fan favourite, although perhaps not my thing from listening. Could it have the mileage to go any further?

5. Loreen - Euphoria

I don't think this needs any introduction. The track that did it all, won this, won Eurovision, won internet forum contests forevermore etc, and is probably already one of the greatest tracks to grace the Melfest stage. Is there any chance ol' Loreen WON'T storm the heat?

6. Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco

I'm quite glad I got the heat with this one in. Not only is it from an era I can readily talk about but it's challenging Stay The Night hard to be my favourite Alcazar track, and I don't say that lightly. The performance on stage was by far the best of 2014 what with being alarmingly and unashamedly camp as per usual with them, hair swishing to the chorus and just being a big load of FUN. Nothing but praise for this life-giving little song, may it have my blessing. Of course, coming behind Undo as it did, it still didn't come 2nd...

7. Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothin'

But Ms. Wilder did. In what might have seemed like a shock top 3 before we'd heard the songs, even with Alcazar being 'past their peak' and Sanna the (ex-)bridesmaid, Ace was by far the shockiest. Predicted by many of us to go out 8th in the heat or so with some forgettable dance-pop, she instead showed up with the most modern pop song Melodifestivalen had seen in a long time and very very nearly went all the way with it. Since then the song has become a life anthem for lazy gay/Swedish/rare Melfest straight young people everywhere. It's infectious, it's lovable, it has all the makings of a hit. But we will support it?

8. Lena Philipsson - Det gör ont

Now we come to a Eurovision entry. Well, not quite. This is the winner of Melodifestivalen 2004, but it's the Swedish-language version of 'It Hurts' that was the song that actually won the contest. I expect most of you have a strong opinion as to which is better (they seem about the same to me) but it's the Swedish version you're voting on here. I wonder if this, Lena's biggest MF song, can do any better.

9. Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room

Wow, another Sanna track. For those keeping count, that's a sixth of all the songs that we've come across so far. This was, until this year, her closest attempt, an English-language ballad that finished in second behind Hero. If she'd never had Undo there'd probably be a few people around here that still wish that result had gone differently (although it probably helps that Hero is about as Buzzjack-friendly as you can get). Empty Room is very lovely though. Like with Vagar du vagar jag, will it get Sanna another track in the final? Apparently this means Heat 4 will be Sanna-free. What will we do then?

10. BWO - Lay Your Love On Me

The final song in this heat is from the group Bodies Without Organs. Finishing just behind Empty Room in 2008, the upbeat pop song which seems to call upon ABBA name-brand recognition at first then draws you in with a camp beat and a roaring chorus. Basically it's an Alcazar song in another guise (look now BWO's finished and Alcazar isn't I can say that). Will it get enough votes to go any further though?

Okay, please PM your votes to me (Iz~) by 23:59 on Friday 22nd August. Short round, with results on Saturday; I'm going off on holiday early Sunday morning so it has to be then. I hope this gives you enough of a voting window to get it in. You should all know most/all of them anyway.

1. Sanna Nielsen - Vågar du vågar jag
2. Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope & Glory
3. Malena Ernman - La voix
4. Anniela - Elektrisk
5. Loreen - Euphoria
6. Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco
7. Ace Wilder - Busy Doin' Nothin'
8. Lena Philipsson - Det gör ont
9. Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room
10. BWO - Lay Your Love On Me

Predictions and votes may start now, please and thank you xx
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post 18th August 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

LA VOIX MUST GO THROUGH

Not only is it incredible, but it spawned one of the best parodies ever

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 18th August 2014, 11:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Sanna Does Swedish was fine to crash out in last last time, but if Vågar Du, Vågar Jag doesn't get at least AC, I will not be accountable for my actions.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 18th August 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Bloody hell, this heat is MURDER.

I mean I say that for all the heats but SERIOUSLY

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 18th August 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Also ELEKTRISK MUST PROCEED

+Quote this post
Silas
post 19th August 2014, 04:53 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Oh my god. Actual heat of death.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 19th August 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Another excruciating heat, my predictions:

DTG Loreen, Ace
AC Alcazar, Malena, Sanna (VDVJ)
6th Lena PH
7th Sanna (ER)
8th BWO
9th Anniela
10th Måns

Again 6th - 10th could be in any order really but I feel that is most likely. It would be nice for a 2014 song not to proceed this time though.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 19th August 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #8
Group icon
DROTTNING!

PREDIX

DTG: Loreen, Ace
AC: Alcazar, Anniela, Vågar
06: Måns
07: Empty Room
08: BWO
09: Lena
10: Malena

+Quote this post
Qween
post 19th August 2014, 09:20 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

That would be a truly unjust bottom 3, though sadly I can see it happening

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 21st August 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Only FIVE votes other than me so far and none since the initial batch. Where's that list of people I need to harass via PM?

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 21st August 2014, 02:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Iz these are the voters I had from heat 1:

Aaron
AdamAloud
AlexRange
Cal
Cassandra
Conderella
gooddelta
Iz
Johnkm
LexC
Liam
O'Mie d'Bandit
randomfurlong
Robot
Ryan
Silas

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd August 2014, 12:40 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I AM HERE
Going to vote now.
Holy. f***. This heat. Canne.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd August 2014, 06:13 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

How am I supposed to pick a 12 out of this lot? I could give it to 9 of the bloody tracks!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd August 2014, 07:27 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Voted! 9 of these are 9/10 moments.

+Quote this post
Silas