BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lady Gaga 10 YEARS ON • ULTIMATE RATE RESULTS, 10 whole years ~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 17th April 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #21
Group icon
User: 13,007

Dancing in my revelation

| 61 // The Queen // Born This Way // 5.77
| 62 // Angel Down (Work Tape) // Joanne // 5.76
| 63 // Fashion of His Love // Born This Way // 5.75
| 63 // Summerboy // The Fame // 5.75
| 65 // Black Jesus † Amen Fashion // Born This Way // 5.71

Wow. No losses from the album and now, in one FELL SWOOP we lose ALL THREE BONUS TRACKS on the Born This Way album laugh.gif First out is Black Jesus † Amen Fashion which is actually Gaga's favourite of the bonus tracks ;o The song is about changes to Gaga's mindset that happened on her move to New York. We also lose Fashion of his Love which is one of the first songs she wrote for the album. It's a tribute to Alexander McQueen with a hint of Whitney Housten for good measure. The best ranked bonus track (and my favourite of the three) is The Queen, another Whitney inspired ballad that builds throughout. It's a song about bravery and conquering your fears and although not musically the most progressive, lyrically it's beautiful and i've always seen it as Gaga's message to her fans and how she'll always be strong for them <3

Away from the BTW album bonus tracks we lose Summerboy, the cute, if a little saccharine track from the debut album and Angel Down (Work Tape) a reworking of the track with same name on latest album Joanne. I don't think Angel Down really needed a different, even more stripped back version, but the song is very intense and represents a lot about struggles that American's have faced over the past few years so obviously has a lot of meaning for Gaga.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th April 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #22
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Summerboy way too low, one of the few songs on the Fame that actually aged well ohmy.gif
even if it does sound like Gwen Stefani

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 18th April 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

WOOT Black Jesus CAN'T BE OUT

I don't like these results sad.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 18th April 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #24
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Wtf at Black Jesus † Amen Fashion that low?! It’s a Born This Way highlight. sad.gif Below Angel Down (Work Tape)???? Nah. 👀

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 18th April 2018, 12:29 PM
Post #25
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Disco Heaven and Chilin' too low.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #26
Group icon

sad.gif YOU ALL VOTED I'M JUST GIVING THE RESULTS mad.gif

I agree BJ:AF is too low, but so too is The Queen (which is my favourite of the bonus BTW tracks sad.gif) The rest of the results i'm not really complaining about ~

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th April 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Fashion Of His Love is really the only BTW bonus track I ever both with, bit of a bop.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th April 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #28
Group icon

We can make it easy if we lift each other

| 56 // Come to Mama // Joanne // 6.10
| 57 // Hey Girl w/ Florence Welch // Joanne // 6.00
| 58 // Swine // ARTPOP // 5.98
| 59 // MANiCURE // ARTPOP // 5.81
| 59 // Mary Jane Holland // ARTPOP // 5.81

ARTPOP takes a major hit as three songs crash out from it. First up the drug inspired Mary Jane Holland featuring the iconic RICH AS PISS lyric. The song inspired Gaga to dye her hair brown because her blonde hair was no longer her own after the world took control of it. It's a liberating song for Gaga but not her most iconic. MANiCURE drops out (FAR TOO EARLY wtf). The explosive song used to repulse me early on in the album's life but it soon turned around to be a huge highlight for me. Jarring - yes, frantic, definitely, all-over-the-place, certainly - BUT THAT'S WHY WE'RE SUPPOSED TO LOVE IT. It's one of a few songs by Gaga about healing and being saved, but this is the definitely the most abrasive and ferocious. It will click with you all eventually just give it time. sleep.gif And from one explosive, raucous number to perhaps her MOST explosive and raucous: Swine. Industrial, dub-step, electronic beats - the song is an angry, high-octane riot. A song about rape, rage, fury and demoralisation, it acted as a means of Gaga unleashing her anger and frustrations at experiences she had gone through in the past. Liberating ~

Two Joanne tracks fall out next with the Florence collab Hey Girl first. The hype was big for this going on the names involved but it wasn't quite as loud as people wanted. Instead the two leading ladies offered a stripped back song full of feelings and connections - the relationship between the two in the song is really quite sweet and it's a solid duet in traditional, old-school duet types. Finally in this bunch, Come to Mama. It's a saccharine song about how love can help to conquer pain and loss and how it can be the antidote in troubled times. I think it's the odd lyrics that turn me off the song the most but I don't hate it as much now ;o

+Quote this post
post 18th April 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

MANiCURE And Fahion of his Love are both bops you can all rot.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th April 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Swine is an absolute BANGER and you will all deal. I love it in all its craziness and manic beats.

Come To Mama I came around to a lot more live but I think with someone as amazing as Gaga, anything will sound better in the concert setting tongue.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 19th April 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #31
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835

Hey girl is underrated tbh.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th April 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I haven't seen anything that could be described as a devastating loss yet.

Except maybe 'Christmas Tree', but that's seasonal.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th April 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'Disco Heaven' and 'Black Jesus † Amen Fashion' deserved better sad.gif

Good riddance to 'Swine' and its tumble dryer production x

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 20th April 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Devastated for Hey Girl, it's gorgeous on headphones

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 20th April 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #35
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Glad to see the back of all of those fashion songs tbh, seriously just noise~

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd April 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #36
Group icon

In the morning buy me eggs

| 50 // Americano // Born This Way // 6.62
| 50 // Teeth // The Fame Monster // 6.62
| 52 // Boys, Boys, Boys // The Fame // 6.52
| 53 // Paper Gangsta // The Fame // 6.41
| 54 // Dope // ARTPOP // 6.32
| 55 // The Fame // The Fame // 6.27

The Fame album takes a bit of a hit here with 3 quintessential tracks from the album dropping out. First the title track itself, The Fame perfectly depicts what the album is about: fame, celebrity culture, the media, the pop world. Sung in one take during recording, it's a fun song but very of its time. We also lose Paper Gangsta with its double meaning of a fake lover but also her record deal at Def Jam becoming bust. It's about wanting a man as fabulous as yourself but also a FU to the record label that let her down before she made it huge. Boys, Boys, Boys was never a big song for me, but i've grown to really quite like it recently. It's very fun, tongue in cheek and just a laugh. Also features *that* eggs lyric too so bonus points just for that~

The softest moment on ARTPOP, Dope fades into smoke. A beautiful ballad, comparing love and loss to an addiction, I think it's her vocals that make some not totally love it. I also feel it needs to be about a minute longer to fully build and climax, but maybe it's almost sudden drop at the end is intentional.. We then have a tie, hence the extra song. The FIRST from TFM is (with no shock at all) Teeth, the dark, dastardly closer of the album - a song about the fear of truth. Wickedly violent and provoking, very much a love/hate song! And with that, we lose Americano the FIRST (non-bonus) track from Born This Way ohmy.gif It's definitely one of the weaker tracks, and combines mariachi, house, and techno vibes to explore same sex marriage. Only Gaga ~

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd April 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #37
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

BBB is amazing. Don't get many pop hooks like that nowadays. *.* Pure pop goodness.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 23rd April 2018, 01:06 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Poor Dope! Although I didn't rank it THAT high myself either

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 25th April 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #39
Group icon

I’m a bad kid and this is my life

| 46 // Starstruck // The Fame // 6.81
| 47 // Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) // The Fame // 6.73
| 48 // Bad Kids // Born This Way// 6.69
| 49 // Beautiful, Dirty, Rich // The Fame // 6.66

Three tracks from The Fame drop out and first out it's a promotional single from the album, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich, written at a time when Gaga was "doing a lot of drugs" and "trying to figure things out." This is reflected in the song - Gaga is defiant and rebellious but also sheds away her fears and proclaims that this is who she is warts and all. It's a fun track with an equally as fun video and fits into the debut era very well. Bad Kids, which opens with a sample from MJ's 'They Don't Care About Us', drops out. It's a song that is inspired by stories Gaga heard while touring from her fans and acts a tribute to their struggles.

Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) is one of the cutest songs she's done but it is getting tough now as we reach the top half. The song was accompanied by a summery, bubble-gum video and the song tells of finding someone new after breaking up with someone. It was released as the third single in Australia, New Zealand and some European countries, and the fourth single in France but failed to ignite the charts and also received less positive responses from critics who argued that it broke away from the party attitude that the rest of the album has. Finally Starstruck which was one of the last tracks to be recorded for the debut loses its light. I find it to be lesser known than some of her other album tracks but it packs such a mean punch. It also features on THAT tweet...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 25th April 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

f*** YOU ALL IF YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR TEETH AS ONE OF THE BEST SONGS THERE EVER IS ON A LADY GAGA ALBUM YOU TARTS!! GET TEABAGGED BY MA HEAVY LOADED BEACH BAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:13 PM