BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars 2011: Who should've won?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Pick your winner
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post Mar 15 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I'll keep all of the rounds open until we do a tie-breaker round at the end to do the final 10 so feel free to still vote in the others with the links below!

Link to Oscars 2012 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2013 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2014 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2015 voting thread
Link to Oscars 2016 voting thread
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 15 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Inception (Just loved this, like Ex Machina it had me thinking about it for days after, I also really liked The King's Speech from this)
Jesse Eisenberg – The Social Network (I wasn't as keen on this film as everyone in the world seems to be but he was really good, Colin Firth was great too and a satisfying winner but I'd have picked Jesse.)
Natalie Portman – Black Swan (The way she played a character with mental illness was scary at times, no other winner for me.)
Geoffrey Rush – The King's Speech
Helena Bonham Carter – The King's Speech (Just two great supporting characters here, not much else to say but I really liked both of them in this movie)
Darren Aronofsky – Black Swan (A film hasn't made me this uneasy in years, really creepy and it's all down to him really).

I didn't even massively love Black Swan because it's a full on horror movie and made me feel so uneasy at times (I know that's the point but it didn't make me enjoy it tongue.gif) although after seeing it, I do think it was very good but just made me really scared whilst watching it.

I'm surprisingly quite kind with giving out equal awards this year, usually I love one movie more than the others but this is two for The King's Speech and Black Swan and a couple of odd awards for the others biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
post Mar 15 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Best Picture
Toy Story 3 - It's fantastic that it was nominated in this catagory, but I would have loved to have seen the first animated film to win Best Picture.
Best Actor
Jesse Eisenberg – The Social Network
Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence – Winter's Bone - Head and shoulders above her other performances and the one time I really think she would have deserved the awards.
Best Supporting Actor
Geoffrey Rush – The King's Speech - The heart and soul of the film IMO. Even better than Colin, and Bale was just hamming it up as usual.
Best Supporting Actress
Melissa Leo – The Fighter - She earned this tbh, she was outstanding and easily the best thing about the film (Mark Wahlberg was snubbed!)
Best Director
David Fincher – The Social Network - I liked all of the films in this catagory, but this one felt the most polished to me. Amazing soundtrack, too.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 15 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
The two I've seen here are Inception and Toy Story 3. I fell asleep at some point during Inception, must've been too confusing or not interesting enough for 14 year old me. I wouldn't fall asleep these days (there's a reason I mostly go for daytime showings laugh.gif), but I'm sceptical about how much more I'd enjoy it.

Toy Story 3 I couldn't fault, it's brilliant. When it's 9/10 or 10/10 it would be really tough for any of the others to beat it for me, but I've not seen them so who knows.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Mar 15 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Black Swan (everything about this came together so beautifully, especially Sebby's one scene)
James Franco (This movie scarred me and he is part of the reason, he owned that role and was totally convincing)
Natalie Portman (Mind blowingly amazing)
Jeremy Renner (Best thing abut that film, he managed to hop from funny to caring to psychotic so seemlessly)
Amy Adams (Totally nailed a character who is so out of her usual comfort range and totally convincing)
Darren Aronofsky (Josh said it all already)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 15 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Best Picture: Toy Story 3 (obviously heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif)
Best Actress: Natalie Portman- Black Swan
Best Actor: Colin Firth- The King's Speech
Best Supporting Actor: Geoffrey Rush- The King's Speech
Best Supporting Actress: Helena Bonham Carter- The King's Speech
Best Director: Tom Hooper- The King's Speech

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 17 2016, 01:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Picture: 'Inception' >> One of my all time favourite films. <<
Actor: James Franco >> Put on a solid performance! I haven't seen the other films in this category bar 'Social Network' and I thought Franco was stronger. <<
Actress: Natalie Portman >> Without a doubt for me. <<
Supporting Actor: Mark Ruffalo >> Almost by default. I've only seen 'The Town' out of this list and can't remember Jeremy's part too much tbh <<
Supporting Actress: Hailee Steinfeld >> Not seen ANY of these. But needed to cast a vote in order to process my other votes so I based it purely on who I think would've done a great job. <<
Director: Darren Aronofsky >> David Fincher is my favourite director ever, but he definitely got out done on this one. Fincher's darker films >>>>> ... 'The Social Network' (and I didn't even hate TSN.) <<

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:39 AM