BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> top 15 most dangerous places for british tourists revealed
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post 13th March 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

based on how many murders have taken place their in the last year or so.

not surprised at some of these listed, but others (such as spain) being in the list surprise me

thoughts?

• Pakistan - 37
• Tunisia - 34
• Jamaica - 18
• America - 15
• France - 14
• South Africa - 11
• Ukraine - 10
• Australia - 7
• Algeria - 7
• Afghanistan - 6
• Barbados - 6
• Spain - 6
• Brazil - 5
• Egypt - 5
• Bangladesh - 5
list end
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 13th March 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I think it's odd just because of the popularity of places like Spain and France. Statistically places like Mexico and Columbia are going to be more dangerous (looking at murder stats) but they're aren't as popular as tourist destinations.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 14th March 2016, 09:42 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

yes these are totals, and more revealing would be per number of visitors. Tunisia was due to a massacre prior to that it was prob low.

The tourist industry of each respective nation is very good at not publicising tourist deaths, harms business. Florida used to be really bad, they had tourist car number plates at one stage which was very handy to those preying on them. After one-too-many shoot-robberies they changed the policy. These are also British tourists, not total tourists, which would be of more help.

Another interesting statistic would be the number of tourists in the UK who get murdered. They do happen but they tend to be just local news. People get murdered in sleepy old Dorset, including foreign tourists/foreign language students, people have been murdered on the housing estate I live on, and on my favourite holiday resort destination, neither of them especially dangerous.

+Quote this post

This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:58 PM