BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack's Top Animated Films Of All Time: The Results, Finished!!!! | Full List on Page 15.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 24 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #1
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Over the last few weeks, you have been voting for your favourite animated films of all time and now its time to count down the results (Probably counting down the top 100!). We will be starting soon (maybe as early as tonight!)

Any top 10 predictions from anyone would be great to see?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 24 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #2
It's a cruel summer.

SOME QUICK FACTS:

- Only 2 Animated films aimed at adults made the top 100!
- Just missing out in the 101-110 section includes a film more known for its script, a Dreamworks classic, a Roald Dahl classic, a recent Disney movie, a Disney classic, an Aardman feature, an utterly crap animation which thankfully placed at 101st and the most recent animation to be released in cinemas!
- 5 Animations released this year have made the top 100!

STUDIO BREAKDOWN OF THE TOP 100:
Disney- 30
Dreamworks- 16
Pixar- 16 Can anyone guess what was the only Pixar film to miss the top 100?!
Warner Bros Animation- 6
Aardman- 4
Studio Ghibli- 4
Illumination Entertainment- 3
Laika- 3
Nickelodeon Movies- 3
Sony Pictures Animation- 3
20th Century Fox Animations- 2
Blue Sky- 2
Buena Vista- 1
Columbia/Sony- 1
Distribution Corporation Of America (?)- 1
CIC (?)- 1
United Artists- 1
Warner Animation Group- 1
Warner Independent Pictures- 1
Weinstein Company- 1

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 24 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #3
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

My top 10 predictions:

01 TOY STORY
02 TOY STORY 3
03 THE LION KING
04 FINDING NEMO
05 THE INCREDIBLES
06 TOY STORY 2
07 FROZEN
08 UP
09 MONSTERS, INC.
10 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Hoping that isn't the case though because we all know about my Pixar opinions.

Cars 2 or Good Dinosaur to miss the top 100? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 24 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #4
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I reckon 'The Good Dinosaur' has done better than people would think! But yeah, surely 'Cars 2' is the one to have missed out? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 25 2016, 09:07 AM
Post #5
It's a cruel summer.

Also only 1 Laika movie has missed out! Any guesses for that one?!

Also any more top 10 predicts before we get started later today heart.gif (Horror may not start tonight as still need a reply from Froot!)

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 25 2016, 09:23 AM
Post #6
c:

Preferably The Boxtrolls to miss out, I hated that movie. I'm hoping a classic Disney movie is going to win but starting to think it's a bit unlikely sad.gif Hope the likes of The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Bambi still finish up high biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Oct 25 2016, 11:28 AM
Post #7
my anxiety attacks
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Oct 24 2016, 08:27 PM) *
- Just missing out in the 101-110 section includes a film more known for its script, a Dreamworks classic, a Roald Dahl classic, a recent Disney movie, a Disney classic, an Aardman feature, an utterly crap animation which thankfully placed at 101st and the most recent animation to be released in cinemas!

Didn't realise that you'd included 'Trolls' too UV! I might have had it a couple of places higher had this been done in a few months time but there were some movies I felt I couldn't have it above, having only seen it last week laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 25 2016, 12:36 PM
Post #8
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Oct 24 2016, 08:27 PM) *
- Only 2 Animated films aimed at adults made the top 100!

Expected, but something I'm always hoping will change, I think at this point the very fact that it IS an animated movie aimed at adults (oh, I should clarify in a mature way though, not in whatever way stuff like this Sausage Party thing thinks it's being adult) is enough to put it on my 'best of' list. The world has no more need for more goofy kids movies like most of this list will be (3D animation has a lot to answer for) - yet they just keep coming. Not that I don't enjoy a lot of those... but yeah. Clearly it's too far one way.

Ghibli films to be as high as possible. And as they won't win, go for a classic Disney one as the winner.

+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I wish I'd voted in this sad.gif

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 25 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #10
It's a cruel summer.

Shall we get started, any predictions for 100th?!

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 25 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #11
It's a cruel summer.

100. Yellow Submarine

152pts | 1968 | United Artists

Kicking off the top 100 is the only entry from United Artists Studio, The Beatles movie Yellow Submarine! This is also one of the few entries on this list that I have not seen!

Yellow Submarine was the Beatles third motion picture movie, and having not being satisfied with Help, they wanted to do an animated film to complete their commitment to United Artists. However due to the band members small roles, and the picture being animated, United Artists considered them to owe them another film (which would be Let It Be!)

The film included many classic Beatles track from the title of the movie to 'All You Need Is Love'! The film received widespread critical acclaim and the film was nominated for a Grammy award! There was going to be a motion picture remake but the quite unsatisfactory performance of 'A Christmas Carol' (which thankfully missed this list in 165th place) and the disastrous box office total for the heavily underrated 'Mars Need Moms' meant the remake was cancelled!

As I mentioned above I have not seen this film, but I really do want to check it out at some point due to being a big fan of The Beatles and seeing the recent Beatles documentary which has re-ignited my interest in them!

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 25 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #12
It's a cruel summer.

99. Happy Feet Two

158pts | 2011 | Warner Bros Animation
Top 10's: Ultraviolence1989 (#10)

15 films received a top 10 vote and have failed to make the top 100! (Including three people's number #1's all missing the list!). And just making the top 100 is the first film to receive a top 10 vote, courtesy of myself! My entire top 10 has made the top 100 (though my #11-#13 all fell short!)!

So into 99th place is a film that I am so glad has made it onto the list, the criminally underrated box office bomb sequel Happy Feet Two! The sequel to the 2006 smash hit really underperformed compared to box office expectations (the bloodbath of releasing 3 or 4 animated features in 2 weeks in America and the UK- Happy Feet Two and Hugo in both territories, Arthur Christmas/Muppets for US and Puss In Boots for UK meant that all the films got affected box office wise!) The film reunited most of the cast from the first feature, the only difference being the sad death of Brittany Murphy meant that Pink voiced her character in the sequel. The sequel also saw the addition of Brad Pitt and Matt Damon as two Krill fish! The film received mixed reviews and opened way under box office expectations.

I am so glad this managed to sneak a placing here as I utterly adore the Happy Feet franchise and this is one of the most charming movies I have ever seen, as well as being one of my favourites of all time! It is basically just more of the first one and the penguins are absolutely adorable as usual! I saw this twice in cinemas, once on release and once for Kids AM which is still one of the most packed cinema screenings I have ever been to! I just adore this movie wub.gif

Predict 98th! A hint is that it is the 2nd lowest Laika or Pixar film in the countdown!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 25 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #13
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Top 10 predictions

1. Toy Story 3
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story
4. Monsters Inc
5. Lion King
6. Mulan
7. Toy Story 2
8. Frozen
9. UP
10. Tarzan

No idea tbh

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 25 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #14
It's a cruel summer.

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Oct 24 2016, 09:30 PM) *
I reckon 'The Good Dinosaur' has done better than people would think!

Nope kink.gif sad.gif

98. The Good Dinosaur

159pts (No Top 20's) | 2015 | Pixar
Top 20's: N/A

And we lose our first Pixar flick very quickly into the countdown with their 2nd most recent effort, The Good Dinosaur! (For Pixar films, only Cars 2 came lower, storming to a fabulous finish of 165th rotf.gif) And I am really annoyed this has finished so low as it is one of the most underrated animations of this decade for me sad.gif The film nearly cracked my top 20 (while receiving a top 40 from Jonjo and some points from Josh) and it just seemed to go by completely unnoticed by most people!

The film was originally set to come out in 2013 and then 2014 but faced production problems including director changes and casting changes which saw the film be pushed back to 2015- meaning that year was the first ever time Pixar have released two feature films in the same year! The film was Pixar's 16th feature film and is their lowest grossing film worldwide to date. The film actually opened solidly in America and the UK but had horrendous legs with it only just reaching a multiplier over 2 times its opening weekend in both countries. The film received pretty good reviews but not up to the usual standard for a Pixar film and the film was nominated for a Golden Globe in the best animated feature category!

I've gone on a few times about my love for this film so I won't go on again but I do find this so underrated sad.gif Yeah it may not be the most original film around but it is such a lovely and sweet movie and the characters were so cute. I also loved the footprint theme and touch with the dinosaur on a mission to earn his footprint, it was just a really beautiful and fabulous movie that I really wish was much higher, but at least it made the top 100!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 25 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #15
c:

Yeah, I've began to dislike TGD more as time goes on. My little sister adores it so I've seen it quite a few times now, just too dull and lacking in humour (aside from the tripping on fruit scene) to keep me very interested for long. It's probably THE most beautiful animated film of all-time though.

Boo at Cars 2 coming so low, I re-watched it the other day and still think it remains a lot of fun. I'm more excited for Cars 3 than I am Toy Story 4 for sure laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 25 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #16
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS??? GRRRR!

Spirited Away to be top 10, please.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 25 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #17
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Awww no! That's a shame. As Josh said as simple as the story is, it's really a beautifully stunning animation! The scenery scenes in particular! I still don't know if they were animated or just shots of reality, shoe-horned in! laugh.gif

It's a really sweet movie though. Having said that, I've had little desire to rewatch it, which is unsual in itself for a Disney film, let alone a Pixar one! Still better than 'Brave' for me...

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 25 2016, 10:47 PM
Post #18
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Yellow Submarine! I forgot about that but I have seen it - very good kooky film.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Oct 26 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #19
my anxiety attacks
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Josh. @ Oct 25 2016, 08:11 PM) *
Boo at Cars 2 coming so low, I re-watched it the other day and still think it remains a lot of fun. I'm more excited for Cars 3 than I am Toy Story 4 for sure laugh.gif

I think someone needs a ban from the movie forum!!

happy.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 26 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #20
c:

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Oct 26 2016, 10:37 AM) *
I think someone needs a ban from the movie forum!!

happy.gif

And I need to protect it from the terrible opinions of Toy Story fans :')

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:44 PM