BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drag Race France, episode 8 = finale
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jun 9 2022, 04:44 PM
Post #1
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Hosted by Nicky Doll (Season 12) with Kiddy Smile and Daphne Burki on the panel too. The series will be in French and streams internationally on WowPresentsPlus, with 10 queens competing.

Meet the cast!

The series debuts on 25/06/22!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 26 2022, 03:49 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

This has now begun. In this house we stan La Big Bertha & despair at the AI English subtitles ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jun 26 2022, 03:52 PM
Post #3
#VoteGarden.Keh
Group: Members
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah Big Bertha is the one for me too

+Quote Post
152chris
post Jun 26 2022, 05:38 PM
Post #4
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

i’m pleasantly surprised at how strong this cast is ! soa is incredible, also like bertha, la briochée and paloma so far! nicky is also doing an incredible job hosting, i’m happy for her.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 27 2022, 08:52 AM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

La Big Bertha out of drag is sooooo fine, her and Soa are easily my favourites too! Not sure about the show altogether but Nicky is doing great and it’s a strong cast

+Quote Post
post Jul 1 2022, 10:19 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

My issue with this is that the editing was so weird. The sound effects/music (or lack of) made it have such a weird. The talent and Nicky Doll were good though!

+Quote Post
152chris
post Jul 2 2022, 09:40 AM
Post #7
down with jakewild
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(365 @ Jul 1 2022, 10:19 AM) *
My issue with this is that the editing was so weird. The sound effects/music (or lack of) made it have such a weird. The talent and Nicky Doll were good though!

The editing of the acting challenge really hurt it this week too. it felt like everyone was good during filming, then it was spliced together so weirdly that none of the jokes were able to land !

also i lol every time the little powerpoint slide with the title of the the mini / maxi challenge comes up. it is so jarring.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 2 2022, 10:54 AM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah I'm really not feeling it, as I said Nicky is doing great and the talent is there but the editing is just weird. That acting challenge felt about an hour long too and I think I might have laughed once at a push, the way they did a Latino stereotype character and then told Lolita to stop relying on being Latin... And then they did the Drag Race Italy thing where they really force in those Emmy grabbing trauma delving emotional moments the second they sit down in the work room laugh.gif It felt like a chore to watch this episode honestly

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 3 2022, 04:42 AM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

I'm actually enjoying it! It's quite funny and Nicky is more of a delight than I expected. She really is funny in French & it impresses me even more at how funny she was in her second language on S12.

Kam Hugh is getting seriously carried so far though, she misunderstood the challenge even more than La Grande Dame did and was still giving little girl when she was meant to be a haughty bitch.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 8 2022, 03:27 AM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

Wow! What a lipsync episode 3 had. Could've gone either way!

I wasn't impressed with too many of the design challenges though. That was a really hard set of materials to work with mind.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 8 2022, 09:41 AM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

LGD was ROBBED, I didn’t like either of Kam’s last two looks… Lolita’s looks were simple but effective, correct bottom two for me but I think that lipsync should probably have been a double shantay! The standard of the designed looks were really disappointing for me too I agree.

WIN La Grande Dame
High Paloma, Lolita
Safe Kam
Low La Big Bertha
Bottom 2: Soa De Muse, La Briochée

+Quote Post
152chris
post Jul 13 2022, 02:05 PM
Post #12
down with jakewild
   No Gallery Pics

kam did at least deserve high. the pigeon look was SO elevated and chic! the rest i wasn’t dying over tho, i agree. la grande dame was rly robbed, makes me wonder if she is going to make it as far as i expected.

paloma’s 3rd look pushed her down to safe in my reality.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 14 2022, 11:20 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

Jesus the subtitles for that French Snatch Game... as someone that speaks some French they were even throwing me off because of how nonsensical half of them were.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 15 2022, 12:18 AM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

Why am I screaming at them just having Snatch Game on the main stage rotf.gif It's really hard to enjoy a Snatch Game when you have no idea who any of the characters are, Paloma and Elips were making me laugh anyway so I'd have given them the win tbh. Paloma is like the Venedita to La Grande Dame's Sharonne imo, much more interesting and intriguing but she's probaly going to be overlooked a bit in favour of the more traditionally "polished" queen in LGD. I swear LGD was basically invisible in that Snatch Game and I'd put Elips, Soa and Paloma above her, obviously it's harder to judge when you don't get the jokes so maybe LGD killed it with references but I'm kinda baffled at her winning that, I guess it makes up for her being robbed blind in the Ball lmao, and along with Paloma she had by far the ebst runway but Paloma's interpretation of the morning after prompt was so unique I LOVED it. I felt like the judging was weird as Soa and Paloma both felt like they got better critiques for their Snatch Game but they handed LGD the win anyway, however that might be the subtitles' fault and things were lost in translation

I'm also dying at the lipsync being dubbed over with random Samsung copyright free shit that is chaotic af lmfaoooo

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jul 15 2022, 12:20 AM) *
Jesus the subtitles for that French Snatch Game... as someone that speaks some French they were even throwing me off because of how nonsensical half of them were.

Yeah they're really bad, they have been the whole time imo! It was the [indistinct] rotf.gif

It's always harder to connect with a series when you aren't as up on the culture as English speaking series, but it's just little bits like this and the editing that I feel are widening the gap. It's not a total mess like say Italia, the ingredients are there for a great series it's just not landing in the quite the way I want it to as a whole product. I feel like a huge portion of the cast have been obvious filler or feel like they're on borrowed time and then it's Soa/Paloma/LGD who feel like the stars/frontrunners for varying reasons.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jul 15 2022, 12:38 AM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like Paloma is for sure the winner now. For me she was just ok. I'dve put her safe for the runway not really meeting the prompt. Elips was a nailed on top 3 for me & honestly Soa contended for the win! Maybe she made up her character though instead of doing an imitation?

Thrilled they didn't spare Kam the B2, I expected her to be carried & given passes right to the end!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 21 2022, 11:52 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

The mixing for the first group today was diabolical, I didn't hear a word any of them sang? laugh.gif Tbh they should have gone the whole hog and done a Mylene Rusical to go with the runway, Paloma had my fave runway and embodied Mylene the most by FAR so I'm glad she stayed as she's my winner too. Honestly I think LGD and La Big Bertha were worse than Elips in the challenge, but they didn't seem to care much about Elips at all so I think they had it pegged as her time to go no matter what.

What's with the lipsync song rights issues too?? One of my fave French songs this week and I didn't even get to see it D:

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jul 31 2022, 01:16 PM
Post #17
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

omg that lip sync was INTENSE. beautiful song and truly moving performance from both the queens. glad we have the makeover next week and fresh blood to lighten the mood!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 3 2022, 09:47 PM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!

I can't believe that wasn't a double save - they could just have 4 in the final like UK2!

Paloma has to win at this point but I feel like it will be LGD D:

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 5 2022, 06:38 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

This is like the anti DRES2 for me, I started off not sure but it's got better and better and it's been a really strong competition that I still can't call! I'd be so happy with Soa or Paloma winning, LGD I just can't fully connect with. She's kind of got a "professional" edit where there isn't that spark or personality but then she hasn't truly stood out at anything, she's kinda good at most things but doesn't stand out too much so doesn't have that winner vibe. It's very rare that it truly feels like any of the finalists could win and that's refreshing, I don't feel like any of them have been pushed or protected.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Aug 7 2022, 03:22 PM
Post #20
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

I am absolutely loving this season. Nicky is a FANTASTIC host, brilliant judges and the girls are great. This latest episode was one of my favourites from the last couple of years. Really gunning for a Paloma win!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:37 PM