BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Blade Runner 2049
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Severin
post 19th December 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

The sequel to one of the defining movies of the 80s finally drops the first teaser trailer and it certainly looks right.

Very hopeful for this

This post has been edited by Severin: 20th December 2016, 12:54 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 21st December 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Looks great.

I trust Denis Villeneuve.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 21st December 2016, 01:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342

Well Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time so of course the anticipation for the sequel is HUGE for me. When I first heard they were going to make a sequel I did think it was a really bad idea but based on the trailer it looks like they've stayed very faithful to what makes Blade Runner truly special and Ryan Gosling playing the main character and Jared Leto playing one of the replicants is oh so brilliant casting.

This post has been edited by PeaceMob: 21st December 2016, 01:33 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th May 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

First official trailer has arrived!

I don't really know much about it as I haven't seen the original film (probably should change that) but I think the visuals looks gorgeous anyway and I like the stars/director too so looking forward to it still.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 10th May 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 9 2017, 09:42 PM) *
I don't really know much about it as I haven't seen the original film (probably should change that) but I think the visuals looks gorgeous anyway and I like the stars/director too so looking forward to it still.

You haven't seen it!? ohmy.gif

Please, please, please watch the original. I say original but I mean the Directors Cut. Blade Runner is generally considered Ridley's best film (I personally prefer Alien), is probably Harrison Ford's most accomplished performance (Sorry Han and Indy) and is almost single handedly responsible for an entire aesthetic that has so often been imitated.

Plus the film may not make so much sense without it.

I'm sure you already know this but why haven't you seen it????????

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 10th May 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:

I know it's a classic and I'll definitely see it some time before this comes out so my ignorance of this won't last for much longer! I've only recently fell in love with movies since about 2012 so playing a lot of catch up still on older films that I missed. There's loads of classics that I'd love to see but still have not got around to! This, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight, The Godfather movies, any Hitchcock films, The Silence of the Lambs etc. laugh.gif #flopmoviefan

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 10th May 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time, I hope this lives up to the original film, can't wait to see this, I'm avoiding the trailers if I can.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th May 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 10 2017, 06:31 PM) *
I know it's a classic and I'll definitely see it some time before this comes out so my ignorance of this won't last for much longer! I've only recently fell in love with movies since about 2012 so playing a lot of catch up still on older films that I missed. There's loads of classics that I'd love to see but still have not got around to! This, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight, The Godfather movies, any Hitchcock films, The Silence of the Lambs etc. laugh.gif #flopmoviefan

mellow.gif you silly billy, sort these out, you won't regret it x

Still a little unsure how they'd do a sequel to one of the greatest sci-fi standalone stories of all time, especially as it won't have source material this time, but I trust Denis Villeneuve to give it a good shot and the trailers are very promising

+Quote this post
Severin
post 10th May 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ May 10 2017, 08:39 PM) *
mellow.gif you silly billy, sort these out, you won't regret it x

Still a little unsure how they'd do a sequel to one of the greatest sci-fi standalone stories of all time, especially as it won't have source material this time, but I trust Denis Villeneuve to give it a good shot and the trailers are very promising

Agree on everything you've said.

My biggest misgiving is that I so loved the ambiguity of the original's ending and preferred the he was a replicant take on the ending

+Quote this post
anna24a
post 16th May 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 29,775

Great!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th July 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
c:

Not even really hyped for this, it looks a bit dull to me :/ Saying that, the cinematography looks GORGEOUS!! Surely Deakins is coming for his Oscar after 13 nominations and no wins!! drama.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 17th July 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

It's one of those sequels that doesn't really NEED to exist. The original is such a perfect entity as is that this doesn't really have any reason to be and if it's good then yay but if it's a bit redundant or even not very good then it's just going to diminish that legacy.

It does LOOKS stunning though and I am 10000% here for Robin Wright.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 8th September 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
c:

We've all heard of how Jared Leto method acts a lot but apparently he actually made himself blind when shooting this in order to get into the role. He wore special lenses that basically made him blind and he needed guiding around on set laugh.gif

http://www.etonline.com/jared-leto-blinded...nner-2049-86828

What happened to good old acting as a character rather than becoming it drama.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 1st October 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #14
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

This looks absolutely epic and I'm really looking forward to this coming out.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st October 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I saw the original for the first time in anticipation for this last week...

I hated it. sad.gif It's very "style over substance" for me. Like, what was the plot? Who was killing who and it was all just too over the place for me. Extremely messy and uncoherent and it was all a bit boring? Nothing interested me (or my mates who were also watching for the first time) and... yeah.. wasn't a fan at all. It might've been a "game changer" and changed the way Sci-Fi movies looked, but it doesn't mean it wasn't shit plot or character wise.

Really disappointed. But I'm still going to see this for RyGo and Villeneuve.

*runs away*

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 1st October 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I heard some bad reviews about this, I'm not really interested in watching actually, as my heart is with the original, in a way they should have left it alone.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 4th October 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Oct 1 2017, 08:53 PM) *
I saw the original for the first time in anticipation for this last week...

I hated it. sad.gif It's very "style over substance" for me. Like, what was the plot? Who was killing who and it was all just too over the place for me. Extremely messy and uncoherent and it was all a bit boring? Nothing interested me (or my mates who were also watching for the first time) and... yeah.. wasn't a fan at all. It might've been a "game changer" and changed the way Sci-Fi movies looked, but it doesn't mean it wasn't shit plot or character wise.

Really disappointed. But I'm still going to see this for RyGo and Villeneuve.

*runs away*

I'm going to have to murder you now.

Just kidding of course. Each to their own and I strongly disagree with you about shit characters or plot and I can't make out if you were genuinely confused by the plot or not? It also depends on which version you've seen - avoid the original theatrical cut as it's easily the weakest

If it's the former then basically in the near future, lifelike androids called replicants have been created and some have gone rogue, coimg to Earth illegally to try and extend their lives because they have a fixed shut down date. Harrison Ford's Deckard is tasked with hunting down the remaining few and 'retiring' them. They are Roy, Zhora, Leon and Pris. At the end of the film Deckard corner's Roy who gives an eloquent (and rightly famous) monologue that reveals to Deckard that the replicants may be more sentient than believed and that makes Deckard question what it means to be human.
There is also a replicant called Rachel who is a perfect copy of a human and indistinguisable from a person, as well as having memories implanted to make her believe she is indeed human. Deckard forms a bond with her and doesn't attempt to retire her despite orders, choosing to try and protect her instead.
Key to the entire film is Deckard's unicorn dream sequence, which has been the source of much debate. It is referenced again in the film's final moments when his boss, who makes little origami figures, makes one of a unicorn suggesting the possibility that Deckard himself may be a replicant with implanted memories or that both humans and replicant share the same dreams.

I hope that makes you appreciate it a little more as it's a film that bears repeated viewing once you get it.

If not and you did understand the plot but just hated it then - oh well I tried

+Quote this post
Severin
post 4th October 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Hocus Pokus @ Oct 1 2017, 10:17 PM) *
I heard some bad reviews about this, I'm not really interested in watching actually, as my heart is with the original, in a way they should have left it alone.

What bad reviews?

It has a 94% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a score of 8.5/10

Everything I've read says it's a masterpiece.

I haven't seen it yet.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th October 2017, 01:38 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Ooh thanks Martin. I shall take a look tomorrow at your spoilered post and see what affect it has (too tired to even think about it right haha).

I did however just get back from seeing the new version, I thought it was very good tbh. Stunning cinematography. A plot that was easier to follow (for simpletons like me I guess tongue.gif) and some strong characters. Only major criticisms for me were.. A - it felt a bit too long for my liking and B - Jared seemed pretty pointless? They could've just kept the woman as the main antagonist for the whole film tbh but it was a strong film overall imo (although again, dialogue lost me a couple of times haha)

Denis is such a phenomenal director. Definitely one of my faves around right now. His eye for attention to detail is stunning. Has been for his previous 3 films and now this.

7/7.5 out of 10 for me.

P. S. I can see why critics are hailing it as a "masterpiece" though. I'm also not dumb enough to realise the impact the original had on Sci-Fi movies that followed for years and years to come.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 7th October 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #20
Group icon
c:

I was DREADING watching this after the dull trailers and seeing the long runtime beforehand didn't help either. At 2h43m long, it definitely is a long film and parts of it drag because of that but I was surprised at how entertained I was in places. I was very invested in the idea of replicants and the world they lived in, the reveals and clues were exciting (I was so shocked when I realised Ryan Gosling wasn't the 'born' child everyone talked of!) and it was technically incredibly well-made. The sound, production, costume were all spectacular but I have to give a special mention to the cinematography especially (SURELY Deakins is coming for that Oscar win this year after 13 (!!) previous nominations with no luck).

Some of the scenes were very enthralling with a special mention to the final act in the water and also the love scene with the two girls which was completely mesmerising. Villeneuve knows how to direct a good film (shout out to the tension in the scene where Deckard and K first meet with the flickering Elvis Presley holograms) so I'd love for him to get awards attention for this. There was just a bit too many slowly paced patches which ruined my overall enjoyment of it but I was very impressed with this for the most part biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:02 AM