BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> La Casa de las Flores, Netflix
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post 9th October 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

If you haven't seen it yet I most definitely recommend putting it on top of your list. It really is worth it.

The show is like a cross between Desperate Housewives and Weeds.

LGBTQ+ characters are well represented here (at least for the first 7 episodes I have watched so far) and play an important part. Which is rare given most TV shows will just give a secondary character a basic storyline for an episode or two and be done with it.

It was just renewed for 2nd and 3rd seasons too and I am dead *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th November 2018, 03:19 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm on episode 9 and this is brilliant! Totally agree about the representation, all of the characters they introduce actually fit and are woven into the storylines with their own issues and personalities adding to them, instead of just being tokens or thrown in for laughs and never fleshed out. It's really refreshing because sadly there just isn't enough of that even in 2018.

It's definitely Weeds meets Desperate Housewives, and gloriously soapy with its storyline tropes and twists and turns, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The dub isn't too bad either, I prefer watching in English if it's not distractingly bad to otherwise I'll use subtitles, I found the English just fine on this, looking forward to more seasons as there's SO much potential I feel.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:18 PM