BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mutya Solo News!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
blade699
post 29th March 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64

the Sun reports about Mutya collaborating with the american rapper Tah Mac. The song is called "Give Back". We hope that the rumours are true!!!!

Turning up the sweet
Mutya Buena has been a busy bee since ditching her pals in The Sugababes.
She has recorded a track with hilariously-named US rapper Tah Mac called Give Back.
Tah told me: "Mutya's hot! Her vocals are amazing on this song.
"She sounds like a young Aretha Franklin. She has a real bright future ahead of her."
Praise indeed.

wowsers, high praise for mutya

so perhaps she's going to be releasing this song in the usa too? biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rob
post 29th March 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122

Ironic when she supposedly left to have more time for here baby. Brian McFadden springs to mind...

+Quote this post
paul_pdc
post 29th March 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 302

QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 29 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Ironic when she supposedly left to have more time for here baby. Brian McFadden springs to mind...

i was thinking that as well

+Quote this post
blade699
post 29th March 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 29 2006, 08:46 PM) *

HOW MANY TIMES!!!!!!! lol

the sugababes NEVER said this was the reason, mutya said that she left for "personal reasons" but it just so happened that the press/media jumped to this conclusion

here's one of several 'babes interviews on the reason why she left:

WHEN Mutya Buena announced she was leaving the Sugababes last year, the news came as something of a shock to fans - but not the band.

Given the speed with which Mutya - who said in her statement she was leaving for "personal reasons" - was replaced with Amelle Berrabah, it had obviously been on the cards.
"We knew it might happen," admits Heidi Range, 22. "But it was a shock to hear it."
"We weren't expecting it that soon," nods 21-year-old Keisha Buchanan. "We didn't know when to expect it."
Rumours of in-fighting have dogged the band since they first released a record. Original member Siobhan Donaghy left in 2001, saying she felt ostracised by Keisha and Mutya.
Stories continued when Heidi joined, and both Keisha and Mutya admitted it took them a while to get used to her.
Then late last year rumours began that Mutya and Heidi weren't getting on.
"There was no argument," says Liverpool-born Heidi. "She left because she had been in the Sugababes since she was 12 and she didn't want to do it any more. We're still friends."
Keisha backs up the reasons Heidi gives for their former bandmate's departure. It was assumed that Mutya's "personal reasons" were to do with her becoming a mum, to daughter Tahlia, in March last year.
"She never said her leaving was to do with Tahlia," says London-born Keisha. "She just wanted to do her own thing."
Keisha, now the only remaining founder member, is the one who talks up the band's fresh new start with Amelle.
Mutya's obviously affected her the most - they had worked together for eight years and been friends since they were both nine.
"It is hard," she admits. "She hasn't been out for that long and the change happened so quickly. There are going to be days where I get down"

+Quote this post
Ricky
post 29th March 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
what you just said; I am already forgetting - Lena
User: 18

Great news for Mutya, and yes she has an awesome voice.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th April 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #6
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

She has a great, unique voice but can she cut it on her own? She'll have to adapt to a different music style so as to appear different to the Sugababes. I don't think it will work sleep.gif

+Quote this post
trampy_trev
post 4th April 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 270

people tend to go with either the artist who breaks out or the band... Sugababes have the head start and have remained sucessful so i think mutya will have some initial sucess but nothing much thereafter

+Quote this post
blade699
post 18th April 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

i can't believe the amount of praise that mutya's producers are giving her

saying her voice is as distinctive as dusty springfield i think it was huh.gif

she's got a great voice tbh, i bet she sounds even better on a solo record too biggrin.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 4th June 2024, 05:03 PM