BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2017: Week #17, will you still care in the morning? // + links + writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Apr 25 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Istrefi’s reign comes to an abrupt end as Jhenesmokers collab Wake Up Alone zooms up 13 spots from #14 to take this week’s #1. It’s the first #1 Chainsmokers have landed thus far and it’s not even a single – yet, at least. As a huge Jhené Aiko fan, this was guaranteed to do well on my personals, and the fact that it’s a pretty solid track also helped out a good deal. This ended up taking the top spot by a long way this week and will be hard to topple in the weeks to come.

Tinashe’s Flame reaches a new peak just behind this week, unfortunately blocked from the top spot. This is probably as high as she’ll get now. It’s her joint-highest peak, matching the position SuperLove peaked out at last year. Just behind, Minaj lands another top 3 hit following former #1 No Frauds, which drops out this week. Ariana’s Everyday also reaches a new peak for the third week running, at #5, while Little Mix’s No More Sad Songs completes the top 5, zooming up nearly 30 places this week to hit #4. This outpeaks the track’s 2016 peak of #14, where it landed following the album Glory Days’s release.

Last week’s #1 drops right out of the top ten, leaving it this week made up entirely of climbers and non-movers. New entries this week come from the aforementioned Minaj/Guetta effort, Gaga, Gorillaz, Stella Mwangi, Ward Thomas, Tinie Tempah, Kiiara, Katelyn Tarver, Iggy Azalea, The Naked and Famous, Alma, and Cash Cash with ROZES. There’s also a few re-entries. Below; the top 40 longlist. Look out for my later posts in this thread for some new entry links and commentary!

01 Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone [14-1]
02 Tinashe - Flame [18-5-2]
03 David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj + Lil Wayne - Light My Body Up [N]
04 Little Mix - No More Sad Songs [14-28-22-28-X14-33-4]
05 Ariana Grande - Everyday [20-9-7-5]
06 Kendrick Lamar - Humble [35-6]
07 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios [11-7]
08 Brooke Candy ft. Sia - Living Out Loud [22-8-8]
09 Miniature Tigers - Crying in the Sunshine [39-16-6-9]
10 Prides - Away with the Night [35-39-X3-14-10-10]
11 Little Big Town - Don't Die Young, Don't Get Old [31-8-6-2-11]
12 Meadowlark x Prides - Headlights [32-17-12]
13 Era Istrefi - Redrum [16-3-1-1-13]
14 Gryffin + Illenium ft. Daya - Feel Good [22-14]
15 Lady Gaga - The Cure [N]
16 Asgeir - Stardust [33-16-16]
17 Gorillaz ft. Popcaan - Saturnz Barz [34-10-9-17]
18 Drake - Madiba Riddim [15-5-3-18]
19 Kygo ft. Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me [34-19]
20 Maggie Rogers - Dog Years [29-21-20]
21 Betty Who ft. Superfruit - Beautiful [35-15-21]
22 The Jesus and Mary Chain [38-X1-22]
23 Galantis - Rich Boy [20-23]
24 Gorillaz ft. D.R.A.M. - Andromeda [N]
25 Nelly Furtado - Paris Sun [24-25]
26 Inna - Gimme Gimme [15-2-3-4-26]
27 Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson - Symphony [14-8-12-27]
28 Ward Thomas - Where the Sky Is [N]
29 Stella Mwangi - Set It Off [N]
30 The XX - Dangerous [28-26-4-4-13-30]
31 Virginia to Vegas - Selfish [38-31]
32 Alt-J - 3WW [39-32]
33 The Naked and Famous - Higher [N]
34 Kiiara ft. Felix Snow - Whippin [N]
35 Tinie Tempah ft. Jake Bugg - Find Me [N]
36 Katelyn Tarver - What Do We Know Now [N]
37 Jason Derulo ft. Nicki Minaj - Swalla [34-3-2-2-4-X3-37]
38 Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce [N]
39 Alma - Chasing Highs [N]
40 Cash Cash ft. ROZES - Matches [N]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone (~)

Spotify Link to my weekly A-List playlist = {click here}

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Apr 29 2017, 12:16 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
seltinpixmile
post Apr 26 2017, 04:12 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,863
Hi Jupiter,

Is it that a new Chainsmokers single? Or just a song?

Nice re-entry for Swalla happy.gif

Symphony dropping hard cry.gif

Nice climb for Kygo dance.gif

That jump for Little Mix ohmy.gif Awesome!!

+Quote this post
toffochews
post Apr 26 2017, 07:39 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,120
redrum was just growing on me and nose dives here!

great chart!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 27 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
QUOTE(seltinpixmile @ Apr 26 2017, 05:12 AM) *
Hi Jupiter,

Is it that a new Chainsmokers single? Or just a song?

Nice re-entry for Swalla happy.gif

Symphony dropping hard cry.gif

Nice climb for Kygo dance.gif

That jump for Little Mix ohmy.gif Awesome!!

Wake Up Alone is just an album track for now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it released as a single at some point if they push the album!

And I love NMSS, so glad Little Mix released it as a single! Also glad to see Swalla starting to do well on the officials - it's already peaked at #2 for me ofc

Ty for commenting! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(toffonews @ Apr 26 2017, 08:39 AM) *
redrum was just growing on me and nose dives here!

great chart!

It's a great track, and it dominated my chart longer than I expected! Esp given my charts are pretty fast-moving.

Ty for commenting!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 29 2017, 02:50 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Changed up the format of the chart a wee bit this week to highlight track peaks more clearly than I usually do - takes a bit more time, but I might stick with it. Plenty tracks reach a new peak this week including most of the top ten, KyGomez, Gryffin and Daya's Feel Good, Prides' collab with Meadowlark and Alt-J. Maggie Rogers also finally scores a top 20 hit with Dog Years after a few weeks running between 29 and 21; previous charter On + Off had a similar run. Longest-runner this week is again a track on a low number of weeks, this time the XX's Dangerous. The first track on their latest album, it's crying out to be made a single, and I'd expect that to happen in either summer or autumn now.

As for the new entries this week, I'll be breaking that into a couple posts again, so here's the first bunch:

Highest new entry goes to one that's been hovering in the top 50 for a few weeks - so not completely out of the blue. I'm a sucker for all things Nicki and she really owns this Guetta track. It's an interesting drop, Guetta's really moving away from the sounds that made him the popular producer he is and experimenting with new stuff these days. This also marks Minaj and Guetta's fourth collab - they're getting to approach Pitbull and JLo territory now.

Gaga finally does what we've all been hoping she'd deign to do and writes an on-trend, catchy pop song. The Cure has hints of the genres she likes as well - there's a bit of 80s inspiration there, a good singalong stadium anthem - but it's mainly pure pop with a hint of tropical on the production. I really like it, and it's just proof that Gaga can do it all - when she pulls her finger out.

Second charter for Gorillaz from new album Humanz which releases on Friday. Previous charter Saturnz Barz was rap and dancehall inspired, this one's more instrumental, spacey, and psychedelic. You can't say there's no creativity in the band, even if they are 2-dimensional.

STELLA MWANGI - SET IT OFF

A get the party started track from Kenyan rapper-performer Stella Mwangi, lifted from her recent EP. Mwangi's also an ex-Eurovisioner, competing for Norway in 2011 - but failing to reach the grand final stage. I'm struggling to find the track online anywhere apart from spotify, which I've linked above.

The resurgence of Kiiara, partnering with producer Felix Snow on credit this time, to do another track like what she's released in the past. Tbh I'm still a little reeling from her collab with Linkin Park where she sounded completely different. Good to have her back on form, and this track outpeaks that one even on its debut.

Second charter for Tinie this year, and lands this week at about where Text From Your Ex peaked. I'm surprised to see someone as rich (presumably) and well-connected as Tinie Tempah release such a strange series of tracks, as well as a long-delayed album in this way. An odd follow-up to a string of UK #1s and a long-running hit with Zara Larsson last year. Jake Bugg does a lot of heavy lifting here.

I'm still very torn about whether I like Mo Bounce, but...I have to admit, it is a good one to put the headphones on to and do exercise to. I'm deciding for my own sanity to take the video as tongue-in-cheek and knowingly trashy. I've got a lot of amusement from watching reaction videos to it too.

Finally charting after a month or so of hovering just outside the top 40, AlmA lands her second hit this year following Branchez's remix of Dye My Hair. I like this one more, I think, it's more solidly produced. Maybe Dye My Hair was a surprise hit? Hard to tell.

The rest should be up tomorrow, I'm sure you all can't wait tongue.gif

As ever I appreciate thoughts and comments on any of the tracks or anything you like! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 29 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Part II:

Entering after a few weeks threatening to break the top 40, this dance track brings back ROZES from Chainsmokers' track of nearly the same name. Cash Cash have been active a while and are best known in the UK for tracks Take Me Home with Bebe Rexha, Millionaire with Nelly, and Devil with Neon Hitch and Busta Rhymes. I've also liked in the past their track Surrender, which I've recently found out featured uncredited vocals from Julia Michaels. Now she's hit the bigtime solo, maybe a good one for any of her fans to check out wink.gif

Katelyn Tarver seems to be a wee bit on the rise these days going by other posters' charts, she's an ex TV child star now focusing on music. As well as her own stuff, you'll find her doing guest vocals for a number of dance acts and producers. This is her third charter for me, following Illegal with producer Fareoh and her own Weekend Millionaires (both 2016).

As I've gained some appreciation for country over the last year or so, it was only a matter of time before I tried out rare British country success Ward Thomas. While a lot of their album is a bit yokelly and twee for my taste, this slower track is a sweet track with great emotion and harmonies in the sisters' vocals. It's the group's debut appearance on my charts, and the second country charter this year following Little Big Town's Don't Die Young, Don't Get Old. I'm looking forward to new Lady Antebellum this year too.

The Naked and Famous's third album has been a slow burner for me, released last year at a time when I wasn't really feeling that kind of music. I loved their debut album, helmed by hits Young Blood and Punching in a Dream, but their sophomore was a disappointment. They're back on form with number 3 though, going back to electro-inspired synthrock from the cleaner pure rock of their last effort. Higher debuts low, but previous charter Laid Low did the same and ended up peaking at #15. This one might shape up to have a similar run. Have to say, the FKYA remix also helped me get into this.

As ever, I'm glad to share some great new tracks on! Hope some of you find something you like biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Apr 30 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Hi Jupiter

High new entry for Guetta! I'm not surprised it didn't really do anything despite the features it doesn't sound very commercial.

Definitely my fave new entry is the lowest one, Matches. Love the vocals in that.

Nice chart!

+Quote this post
mdh
post May 1 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
hey Jupiter!!

My faves~

01 Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone [14-1]
03 David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj + Lil Wayne - Light My Body Up [N]
04 Little Mix - No More Sad Songs [14-28-22-28-X14-33-4]
05 Ariana Grande - Everyday [20-9-7-5]
06 Kendrick Lamar - Humble [35-6]
07 Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios [11-7]
08 Brooke Candy ft. Sia - Living Out Loud [22-8-8]
10 Prides - Away with the Night [35-39-X3-14-10-10]
14 Gryffin + Illenium ft. Daya - Feel Good [22-14] wub.gif
15 Lady Gaga - The Cure [N]
17 Gorillaz ft. Popcaan - Saturnz Barz [34-10-9-17]
18 Drake - Madiba Riddim [15-5-3-18]
19 Kygo ft. Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me [34-19]
23 Galantis - Rich Boy [20-23]
24 Gorillaz ft. D.R.A.M. - Andromeda [N]
27 Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson - Symphony [14-8-12-27]
29 Stella Mwangi - Set It Off [N]
30 The XX - Dangerous [28-26-4-4-13-30]
33 The Naked and Famous - Higher [N] music.gif
34 Kiiara ft. Felix Snow - Whippin [N] heart.gif
37 Jason Derulo ft. Nicki Minaj - Swalla [34-3-2-2-4-X3-37]
38 Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce [N]
39 Alma - Chasing Highs [N] wub.gif
40 Cash Cash ft. ROZES - Matches [N] wub.gif

So many bangers in here - good to see you liking the Gryffin track, that'll enter in my chart very soon.
Glad you like Wake Up Alone, the whole Memories..Do Not Open album is incredible for me, one of my albums of the year, and that's a MAJOR highlight.

Awesome chart! happy.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:04 PM