BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The re-releases thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 3rd October 2022, 03:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Just thought it could be worth starting a thread where we can document the re-release of albums from years gone by.

It feels like it is becoming more and more common for anniversary editions of albums to be a thing, I guess because we're all suckers for new packaging and coloured records with the potential of a few unheard tracks. Plus, of course, we're finding that more and more albums are being re-released on vinyl to meet the unexpected demand in the 2020s for the format.

If you spot a re-issue that you think is essential or likely to appeal others on the forum then drop a link to the new version in here so we can all overspend together wub.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 3rd October 2022, 04:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette

I'm going to start by pointing out there is a 20th anniversary re-release of the classic Soulwax compilation 2 Many DJs

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetai...roduct_id=93710

All rather annoying as I spent about £60 on a copy just the other month but I guess these are the risks you take with old releases... anyway, it's a great compilation if you've never heard it and is the absolute pinnacle of the mash up movement that was around in the early 00s.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 3rd October 2022, 04:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/sovpreorder1/...2LP/7JTD1S3A000

Not sure how much love there will be for this but Medazzaland is being finally issued on vinyl for the first time - and it is in beautiful pink! The album was never officially released in the UK at all although I did get the import CD back at the time. It's quite an unusual album for Duran Duran, it's even more experimental and more of a departure than the Wedding album was with only Out of my Mind coming close to being a typical DD single - which is a track that I love, plus it has the wonderful Electric Barbarella is one of their most underrated songs.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 21st January 2023, 07:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette

I take it we've all spotted that the De La Soul classic is finally getting a re-release?

I went for the green Rough Trade edition but they all look quite cool tbh

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd January 2023, 04:32 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Didn't know it was getting a physical re-release too but it's good to see their catalogue finally coming to streaming (not that I'm familiar with most of their work lol but 'The Magic Number' is a tune at least)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:39 AM