BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> PFSC XI - RETRO - RESULTS, Done! final scoreboard p7
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 3rd September 2022, 11:03 PM
Post #141
Group icon
ein Hoch auf die Jugend, zum Glück ist sie vorbei
User: 8,300

Wardy you're clearly better off without my points given you've got your biggest BJSC hit and possibly doing similarly or better this month with songs I didn't love and then coming 3rd here lmao ~ I'm not sure why you seem to be so fixated on my opinions of late when there are clearly a lot of other people who appreciate your poppier entries more kink.gif Thank you for the last few points for Tilly though. x

Congrats Addy, a great winner in the end and Lenka is a very solid runner up too! Yass at Exposé being top 5 and Jane Child and especially Damaris also being top 10 alongside my own entry *.* the latter really doing a Poland after floundering for a while.

I wasn't sure what to expect from my own entry but I'm glad it got a good result here including quite a handful of medal positions, it's such an addictive song for me.

Thanks for the hosting Chez, a great edition of this! I can only hope the next one will be similarly inspired and high quality.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 3rd September 2022, 11:06 PM
Post #142
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

And breathe lol x

Thanks everyone, I'm so sorry that went on so long, I think I may have challenged myself with doing too many tasks while writing up the posts drama.gif But I did want to do it justice as I really enjoyed the contest and there were some wonderful twists and turns, It was just too good to be true to have Ace of Base leading from the first vote chronologically and then leading again at the end, I apologise for anyone I gave a heart attack too x (Sorry Wardy, I didn't intend to mess with you, it just the reveal turned out quite misleading in your case :'( You'll win eventually, I'm sure of it x)

As for the results, I'm happy. Lenka was good, but I preferred Ace of Base and it feels a bit more fitting to the theme so happy with that winner, Expose and Damaris were looking like winning contenders early but both sadly tailed off after a good start (Damaris was actually winning doing the votes in order of receipt, this order of reveal just casually dumping 48 points on it in four votes cheeseblock.png), but I'm really pleased they both stayed top 10. It was between Lenka and Ace of Base for the last section, Roba was the last set of votes so actually Ace of Base would've had a late comeback in both forms of reveal! Perfume felt particularly underappreciated though, I thought that would do really well D:

Hopefully, the baton will now pass to Addy for whenever the next one of these comes up!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd September 2022, 11:45 PM
Post #143
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Ok now my bitterness has ended, let me congratulate Addy on his win, and as we saw it was a song I voted for in the top half of my votes. Not one I was actually familiar with from Ace of Base, but I’ve always been a fan of their hits All That She Wants, Beautiful Life, Life Is A Flower and Always Have, Always Will. I wish they had more hits into the 2000’s but it wasn’t to be I guess. But yes, a good winner and glad I could help you see off the stiff opposition from Lenka! tongue.gif

Final note to Chez, thanks for the hosting. I know it wasn’t anything personal the way you delivered the results, it was purely just one of those rare times when I got my hopes up prematurely, because as we all know, anything can happen by the time the final set of votes are revealed! I anticipate a similar experience tomorrow evening too when BJSC results come through but that’s being optimistic. laugh.gif

Anyway time for bed, goodnight all. zzz.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd September 2022, 11:58 PM
Post #144
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Pronouns: he/they
User: 12,929

I know 'Plastic Love' got a good revival with its remix (and hence was a little cheap to send places) but it is basically my favourite city pop track and as soon as I saw retro I locked myself into sending something from there as it's a wonderful genre (you know, we all could have done the Asian entries a little better as they were easily the best thing about this contest). Perfume in particular I thought would do very well.

nevertheless that's a great top 3 from the remainder, pretty much the right choices - thanks for putting this together Chez!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 4th September 2022, 01:49 AM
Post #145
Group icon
Unburdened by what has been
User: 19,534

Congrats Addy! 'Happy Nation' fell just short of my points but thankfully didn't need them. I've known and loved 'Trouble Is A Friend' since 2009 so while I'm happy to see it top 2, I'm glad the winning song was a discovery for me.

Yay for 7th place! I was hoping my entry wasn't too cheap given how much of a hit it was in the US, so hopefully it was a discovery for most of you. I did not know about Jane's refusal to do TOTP and that it cost her a better UK chart peak, so thanks for including that in your commentary Chez ohmy.gif. (Thanks for the brilliant hosting job overall too!)

I'm very surprised to see Robyn as low as 21st, although tbf she would've been an underwhelming winner given how loved she is here. I just figured that would give her an advantage especially with a remixed version of one of her hits. It got my 12 anyway so thanks for sending it, vibe. 'The Itch' and 'Drive By' both fell short of my votes too but disappointed to see them in the bottom two, they didn't quite deserve that.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 4th September 2022, 03:17 AM
Post #146
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

First off, amazing hosting. It was a nail biter right to the final votes.
Second, I thought awardinary had this in the bag with Aqua. Such a creative choice, but at the same time so straight forward and yes, one of their best.

Finally. Wow. Top 10. Unexpected absolutely as the first half I was LAST. I hope you that got the reference to Emmelie de Forest. I was expecting not to do well at all. But K-Otic basically raised me, so placing top 10 does mean a lot. Thank you.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 4th September 2022, 07:58 AM
Post #147
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Well done Addy!!!

Jade, All those who didn’t vote for Michelle in the only contest she’ll ever be in are not true buzzjack icons

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 4th September 2022, 08:29 AM
Post #148
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Aww only saved from the bottom 3 by a deduction. Thought it might to a bit better, and Chez and Bre got my hopes up saying it deserved better then gave it one point between them nocheer.gif

Thanks for hosting, good job. Decent enough top 3, one I liked quite a lot and then the two songs I ranked 10/11.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th September 2022, 09:42 AM
Post #149
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Thrilled for Shattered Glass! I had planned to send it BJSC a few times, but this felt like the right outing for it. As Bre said, very obviously my entry but Laura deserves the love.

+Quote this post
CowTzy
post 4th September 2022, 01:21 PM
Post #150
Group icon
Chiimu Tomodachi, Chiimu Tomodachi
User: 127,479

Ohhh, I wish it was Lenka who won the contest. It was such an amazing and underrated song. I really had to play this at least 10 times before moving on back then. Also, we did an small jam using this song 2 months ago! Nonetheless, congratulations to Addy! I did not know much about your entry, but I'll add it to my Tb playlist just in case I wanna return. happy.gif

Thanks Chez for the hosting and a small mention about my entry being used as 3rd "Naruto" opening. I knew chats would guess Iz, but sadly everyone's wrong. tongue.gif Thanks for the votes too Iz, Bray (yay for the rare +5), Tafty, and NocheLuna!

+Quote this post
vibe
post 4th September 2022, 02:10 PM
Post #151
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Thanks for hosting great job!

And that Robyn remix slays !!!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 4th September 2022, 02:57 PM
Post #152
Group icon
ein Hoch auf die Jugend, zum Glück ist sie vorbei
User: 8,300

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Sep 4 2022, 09:29 AM) *
Aww only saved from the bottom 3 by a deduction. Thought it might to a bit better, and Chez and Bre got my hopes up saying it deserved better then gave it one point between them nocheer.gif

Thanks for hosting, good job. Decent enough top 3, one I liked quite a lot and then the two songs I ranked 10/11.

Oops sorry for the false hope! (Though in fairness 1 point is 10th place which is a fair bit better than where you ended up </3)

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 4th September 2022, 03:18 PM
Post #153
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,739

Ooh top 20 is better than I expected considering how 00s-leaning this edition was! I can't take much credit for finding my song as it comes from a friend who always finds the best hidden disco gems, I'm glad it found some fans here.
Pleased to see Laura Branigan, Jane Child and Vanessa Paradis in the top 10 but Mariya Takeuchi deserved way better! Really surprising to see that so low considering what a cult classic it's become, such a beautiful introduction to city pop.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 5th September 2022, 10:43 PM
Post #154
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

Sorry, only just catching up with this. A very deserved winner, it was my 10 pointer after all. As for my own very last minute entry, I guess I can't complain too much with a mid-table finish. Thanks for hosting and I made some great discoveries, in particular Lenka, Clout and Exposé wub.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 6th September 2022, 03:44 PM
Post #155
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Just to confirm, I will be hosting next edition whenever mod's sees it fit wub.gif

I love hosting genre forum contests!!!

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 8th September 2022, 06:10 PM
Post #156
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

Apologies for the delay, but congrats Addy for winning and Chez Wombat for hosting.

As it was mentioned before, "Tusuykusun" is a Quechua song, although it has some brief lines in Spanish too. I think it identifies perfectly Peruvian culture, with the afro elements (cajón/box, tumbadora), as well as the strings (violin, guitar, charango), instruments (quena) and dance (danza de tijeras/scissor dance), so it was glad to see most of you enjoyed it. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 9th September 2022, 08:18 AM
Post #157
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

QUOTE(Addy! @ Sep 6 2022, 04:44 PM) *
Just to confirm, I will be hosting next edition whenever mod's sees it fit wub.gif

I love hosting genre forum contests!!!

Woohoo! Usually contest 3 would be around the end of November ☺️. If I forget, chase me up!

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th September 2024, 09:16 PM