BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wicked Little Letters • 2024, Starring: Olivia Colman and Jessie Buckley
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 5th March 2024, 10:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Anyone seen this?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th March 2024, 10:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I thought this was a lot of fun! I had a really good and fun time with it and although I had seen the trailer countless times before, I still laughed out loud... A LOT!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 6th March 2024, 07:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Watched it on Sunday and really enjoyed it. I've read a few reviews that criticise it for making so many changes to the original story, but I didn't care in the slightest as it was such an easy fun watch. Definitely could imagine rewatching it several times when it makes it to streaming/tv. It was all well acted and had a typically British feel to it.

I'm also convinced that parts of it were filmed in Arundel, one of my favourite places near where I was born happy.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 6th March 2024, 10:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

It was great fun even though the best bits probably were in the trailer that I'd seen every single time I'd been to the cinema for about the past three months.

I'm not normally one for seeing twists coming, but it did cross my mind very early on that she could be writing the letters to herself - she just didn't seem very shocked by the content, or too visibly upset, so I wondered if she was trying to make herself look a victim

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 7th March 2024, 08:55 AM
Post #5
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I really enjoyed this! It's rare to see a film with so many laugh out loud moments in it. I don't think the twist was designed to be shocking tbf, I think you're kinda meant to catch on that that's what's happening because it does just make it even funnier laugh.gif I really wish there was a book or something you could buy that has replicas of the letters, it's like an old timey burn book kink.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 7th March 2024, 08:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

One of the funniest movies I've seen in YEARS. Saw it with the poster above (obv) and it made me scream.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 7th March 2024, 09:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

this was excellent! saw it with both of the above posters and we had a great time heart.gif A perfect role for Olivia Colman, both her and the actress who played Rose were excellent in this. Just a great British comedy!

ps. Dandy* - i remember seeing in the credits that it was filmed in Arundel!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 7th March 2024, 09:13 PM
Post #8
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

this was excellent! saw it with both of the above posters and we had a great time heart.gif A perfect role for Olivia Colman, both her and the actress who played Rose were excellent in this. Just a great British comedy!

ps. Dandy* - i remember seeing in the credits that it was filmed in Arundel!

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 15th March 2024, 09:08 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

Jessie Buckley and Olivia Colman are amazing in this

I would agree with some reviews I’ve seen that stated the trailer has the best jokes & that this feels like a Sunday movie (not necessarily a bad thing). It wasn’t as laugh out loud funny as I was expecting but I still really liked it. Loved the ending especially.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:23 PM