BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Snatched, 19 May 2017 | Amy Schumer & Goldie Hawn comedy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 27th December 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The online reaction to this must have really been quite muted because I totally missed that this trailer had even dropped. It looks fun and after seeing Trainwreck and various short skits, I do think Amy Schumer is great so I'm excited to see her next project, her facial expressions are hilarious laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 27th December 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Looks like a lot of fun. Hope it can be 2017's 'How To Be Single' or 'Bad Moms'.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 28th December 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Amy Schumer is definitely one of my favourite people around at the moment, especially since reading her book, so that makes me excited for this automatically. Doesn't look as good as Trainwreck though and I'm not fully sold on the mother/daughter concept (gives me bad flashbacks to Tammy tongue.gif)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th May 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I did quite enjoy this but it wasn't really that funny, I laughed a few times (whale cum joke and Amy at her shop job at the beginning laugh.gif) but the majority of the jokes fell flat really. It's a bit of a shame as the two leads obviously have lots of comedic talent but they couldn't really make the material work as it was fairly weak. Ike Barinholtz was so annoying too, I get that his was character was supposed to be irritating but I was actually get angry at his character for just being on-screen by the end laugh.gif I still had a good time though and I probably preferred it Trainwreck. At least this was short and snappy whereas that really got tedious in the emotional scenes and longer runtime.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 20th May 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

I loved it! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post 20th May 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698

This is getting mostly awful reviews what what I've seen so far, but I'm still planning to check it out for myself some time next week. I expect it's not as bad as they say tbh, just like 'Table 19' which I really enjoyed despite the reviews telling me it was a waste of 90 minutes.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th May 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

I preferred Trainwreck, but still really enjoyed this, thought it was best after they arrived in Ecuador but before they got kidnapped. I adore Amy Schumer so it was fun seeing what she was willing to do tongue.gif Ruth and Barb were great supporting characters and I loved how the 'rape whistle' kinda came full circle, that was one of my favourite jokes along with Amy accidentally killing people.

Some of it did fall flat but not as much as Melissa McCarthy trying to do mother/daughter comedy.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 20th May 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

The tape worm made the whole cinema SCREAM laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th May 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

Omg the tapeworm laugh.gif!! That slipped my mind but was probably the funniest part at the time.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:57 PM