BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nadine Coyle • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jun 24 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #101
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Living for the fact that her pronunciation of 'flour' was randomly going viral recently and she acknowledged it laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jun 24 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #102
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

floiyurr *.*

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 27 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #103
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

In April, she was forced to pull out of the proposed dates and admits there were some budgeting issues. “I really shouldn’t have put it on in the first place,” she says. “There were only seven shows, and I’d come from a place where I wanted there to be screens and costume changes. My idea of the show, it just didn’t make any sense.”

Full interview here: https://inews.co.uk/culture/nadine-coyle-in...ud-pin-cushion/ but it's mostly the same old stuff about her not seeing the girls for years and her regarding them as having been work colleagues.

Nadine does say that her having the most lines in the songs lead the other girls to dislike her, Brian Higgins and the record label because of that. Not sure if she's gone as far as to say that in previous interviews?

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jul 27 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #104
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

The more Nadine speaks out, it feels any chance of re-union gets further and further away.
It does appear, Nadine did not have much of a relationship with the girls with the exception of Sarah.
I did think Nadine would at the least manage one successful single but it will never happen now.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 27 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #105
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

It has been reported that Coyle branded the girls “jealous” of her profile within the band. “I didn’t say that, how pompous and arrogant would I have to be to say that? But yes, a thing that did cause stress in the band was the fact that I was given more lines and the girls didn’t like Brian [Higgins, Girls Aloud collaborator and the mastermind behind pop production team Xenomania]as a result of it. “They didn’t like the label as a result of it, and they didn’t like me as a result of it. So it was just circumstances which were out of my control: I didn’t decide who sang what. But,” she stops herself. “I love my life and I just get on with it.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/culture/nadine-coyle-in...ud-pin-cushion/

I wish the other girls, well at least three of them would be more appreciative of Nadine’s vocals. sad.gif The others were all talented in some way but I’m not sure they could’ve done nearly as well without Nadine. Why can’t they all be friends ffs </3

+Quote Post
sajjadali
post Jul 27 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #106
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,100
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jul 27 2018, 07:56 PM) *
I wish the other girls, well at least three of them would be more appreciative of Nadine’s vocals. sad.gif The others were all talented in some way but I’m not sure they could’ve done nearly as well without Nadine. Why can’t they all be friends ffs </3

I'm a major Nadine fan but....the girls didn't like you because at times you could be disrespectful and not a team player.
-She changed after she went to LA, she refused to do Out Of Control if she didn't get a solo deal as advise by her solo manager - held them at 'ransom' not to mention hiring a solo manager in the first place and then brought him along to the tour!
-Refused to do Passions or Ghosthunting (not a team player)
-Didn't attend the Brits 2008 because it wasn't 'her thing' but has attended since!
-Lateness apparently....and it was getting worse and worse until they said something!
-The split night drama and the tweet and the interviews again and again recalling the same stuff again and again to promote her new music.

Nothing to do with singing the lines....I'm sure the girls understood it wasn't her choice. They all were given ample opportunities to shine I think but Nadine did feature more on the singles which made sense.

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Jul 27 2018, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 27 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #107
is in hibernation

QUOTE(sajjadali @ Jul 27 2018, 08:35 PM) *
I'm a major Nadine fan but....the girls didn't like you because at times you could be disrespectful and not a team player.
-She changed after she went to LA, she refused to do Out Of Control if she didn't get a solo deal as advise by her solo manager - held them at 'ransom' not to mention hiring a solo manager in the first place and then brought him along to the tour!
-Refused to do Passions or Ghosthunting (not a team player)
-Didn't attend the Brits 2008 because it wasn't 'her thing' but has attended since!
-Lateness apparently....and it was getting worse and worse until they said something!
-The split night drama and the tweet and the interviews again and again recalling the same stuff again and again to promote her new music.

Nothing to do with singing the lines....I'm sure the girls understood it wasn't her choice. They all were given ample opportunities to shine I think but Nadine did feature more on the singles which made sense.

I didn’t say they didn’t like her because of the lines. I just said they should appreciate her vocals and what she gave to the group more. I do agree Nadine hasn’t always acted the best, as much as I ADORE her!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jul 27 2018, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Sep 24 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #108
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Thing about Nadine is. Shes not a popstar. Shed have been better off doing a covers album & going down the r2 route.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 24 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #109

I honestly cannot have seen that going any better than Go To Work and her EP. I'm glad she's been releasing the music she obviously loves, and is obviously having the time of her life performing at numerous Pride events.

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Sep 29 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #110
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Just seeing the list above about why Nadine wasn't as 'involved' with the girls once she moved to LA, and given that she has moved back to the UK since and had a family of her own...all those reasons why she didn't do this or that, annoying/baffling though they were to some at the time, seem trivial now.

I speak as someone who thought All Saints would never get back together, and things were far more frosty between those four when they broke up in 2001. They were literally not speaking to each other at the end, and Natalie and Shaznay had a full on row over a jacket, and then Natalie and Nicole bought out their book telling all about how much of a rough ride they got.

And yet they've been back together twice in the last 15 years, and released three more albums in that time. If that's not a mark of time being a healer/forgiveness than it gives me confidence to think that in a few years from now GA will all be in a place where they can leave all the old crap in the past and be a band again.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Sep 29 2018, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Oct 2 2018, 06:59 AM
Post #111
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

They will eventually reconcile. It might be 5 years maybe 10.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Oct 16 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #112

Nadine is on Celebrity Juice this week!!!!!!

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 16 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #113
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

O m g I can't wait!

Looking forward to the "Nadine Coyle on Celebrity Juice 2019 Calendar", Joseph!! xx

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Oct 18 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #114
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

£10 Keith Lemon does a dodgy impression of her accent for the entire show...

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Feb 8 2019, 10:36 AM
Post #115
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

I can't at this promo image for her upcoming solo show in London 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 10 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #116
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I think they will unite at some point as they will sort out their differences, all saints did it, spice girls and geri got past it and robbie willians and Gary barlow got past and Gary and robbie fallout as we know was huge and nasty and look at them now,steps are another example of members getting past the fallouts so I'm convinced girls aloud will too.

+Quote Post
bpdbryan
post Mar 15 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #117
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 19,938
   No Gallery Pics

Been listening to few Insatiable tracks recently. Red Light has aged really well for me, should’ve been a single!

+Quote Post
sajjadali
post Mar 22 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #118
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 1,100
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think the vocals were the problem at all. I'm sure everyone wanted more vocals but that wasn't the root cause of issues as she was given the most lines on singles from day one, and they shared pretty well otherwise on album tracks. It was the lack of communication, distance and respect that caused the issues we saw from OOC onwards.

Once Nadine went to America, it is well known she tried to on advice of her manager presumably negotiate a solo deal and she said she wouldn't do another GA album unless she got one...hence holding them to ransom. In addition, she did become a lot more difficult to work with by not turning unto Brits, refusing do Passions or Ghosthunting etc. Then she hired a solo manager and brought him on the OOC tour...so it's no surprise that people were slowly getting ticked off with her. Even with the reunion, whilst they mended things the divide between them all was obvious and no one really forgave each other for the past issues, then she made up the whole unnecessary 'split' drama, there was no communication with each other anymore and hence we have what we have.

I really thought they were better than all this but obviously not. But then again on the other side, how Chimola even managed to fall out with Sarah to me suggests that they aren't all guilt-free in all this. In additional how Nadine is now saying they were 'never' friends is a complete lie, her and Kimberley were very 'friendly' in the early days and lived together for a few years and we have proof of that.

We can't have any reunion unless they sort out their issues and become 'friends' again who have respect for each other not just doing it for the £, solo success has dried up for all of them pretty much. Even Cheryl's last single struggled little, Nicola hasn't done much in years neither has Sarah, Kimberley just does the odd bit now and whilst Cheryl's The Greatest Dancer was good for her even her peak fame has gone done a lot. I can't buy into them until I believe their friendship, it's like watching Friends who hate each other, I need that chemistry....

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Mar 22 2019, 08:05 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 17 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #119
is in hibernation

From Popbitch:
Nadine Coyle's check-in name is 'Miss Derry' which, in a broad Northern Irish accent, sounds like 'Mystery'.

Her Madame X era is coming!

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Apr 17 2020, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Apr 18 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #120
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sajjadali @ Mar 22 2019, 09:02 PM) *
I don't think the vocals were the problem at all. I'm sure everyone wanted more vocals but that wasn't the root cause of issues as she was given the most lines on singles from day one, and they shared pretty well otherwise on album tracks. It was the lack of communication, distance and respect that caused the issues we saw from OOC onwards.

Once Nadine went to America, it is well known she tried to on advice of her manager presumably negotiate a solo deal and she said she wouldn't do another GA album unless she got one...hence holding them to ransom. In addition, she did become a lot more difficult to work with by not turning unto Brits, refusing do Passions or Ghosthunting etc. Then she hired a solo manager and brought him on the OOC tour...so it's no surprise that people were slowly getting ticked off with her. Even with the reunion, whilst they mended things the divide between them all was obvious and no one really forgave each other for the past issues, then she made up the whole unnecessary 'split' drama, there was no communication with each other anymore and hence we have what we have.

I really thought they were better than all this but obviously not. But then again on the other side, how Chimola even managed to fall out with Sarah to me suggests that they aren't all guilt-free in all this. In additional how Nadine is now saying they were 'never' friends is a complete lie, her and Kimberley were very 'friendly' in the early days and lived together for a few years and we have proof of that.

We can't have any reunion unless they sort out their issues and become 'friends' again who have respect for each other not just doing it for the £, solo success has dried up for all of them pretty much. Even Cheryl's last single struggled little, Nicola hasn't done much in years neither has Sarah, Kimberley just does the odd bit now and whilst Cheryl's The Greatest Dancer was good for her even her peak fame has gone done a lot. I can't buy into them until I believe their friendship, it's like watching Friends who hate each other, I need that chemistry....

They need to do a steps and mend the friendships and genuinely move forward as friends and I'm sure it's possible. Gary Barlow and robbie William's had huge differences and sorted it out and look at them now, so there is hope.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:56 AM