BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dami Im - Smile, 1st single // from upcoming 2nd album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 20th May 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

X Factor Australia winner Dami is BACK (already); her debut album flopped pretty much. It peaked at #8 but wasn't certified, so they're moving on pretty quickly to a new era it seems. The first two singles did do decently, both peaked at #11 and Gladiator went gold and Super Love platinum so she has the potential, I doubt this era will do much though.

The single, Smile, is out May 29th on itunes but is availabe to listen to now! It's cute, quite Meghan Trainor and I think it suits her voice well but it's not a hit.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/dami-im-smile/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rush
post 20th May 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564

Well, Roar, late 2013 folk-pop, Chandelier; I suppose Meghan Trainor is the logical next step laugh.gif This sounds pretty unspectacular to me, I feel like if it doesn't get a TV ad spot, it'll flop and she'll be stuck in Samantha Jade limbo for a few years until getting quietly dropped (hi Reece Mastin). I hope I'm wrong as 'Gladiator' was inexplicably my favourite pop song of 2014 + I appreciate cheap AU pop more in the Spotify era where the same worldwide hits fill up the charts everywhere, but 'Super Love' is her only convincing hit outside of promo (which I think it still had a lot of)... so not looking good.

+Quote this post
crihanna
post 20th May 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 11,863

Both Super Love & Gladiator struggled on their first weeks until their got tv promo (SL: "Sunday Nights" docu - Gladiator: X Factor).

She filmed a video for a 3rd single but the song flopped so they canceled the video release.

And since there's like nothing on tv right now, Smile will struggle a lot i think.

I mean look at Nathaniel. He released a platinum single with Live Louder and his new single Flava didn't even enter the top 150 on iTunes and failed to chart on the ARIA Singles Chart. Looks like they also canceled the video release.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:20 AM