BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Passengers, Jennifer Lawrence & Chris Pratt
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 20th September 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

What a dream team, I think the charm of the two leads should be enough to carry this but the concept sounds quite interesting anyway.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th September 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

About damn time we saw something. It looks amazing! (Shush Regina)

So excited for this. wub.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post 20th September 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Looks horribly average. J-Law simply doesn't cut it as an action heroine, she needs to find a better showcase for her talents. Sick of that same blank expression.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 20th September 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Passengers, Assassins's Creed and Star Wars all released within a week?

If summer taught us anything, something has to give. This?

+Quote this post
Regina
post 20th September 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

This looks like some fanfiction of someone who wanted to combine Nicolas Sparks books with Gravity/The Martian.

Jlaw looks as average and useless as ever and I am kinda getting sick of seeing Chris Pratt being in yet another action hero type role :/

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 20th September 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I am so hyped for this, looks utterly incredible! 💖

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Sep 20 2016, 06:20 PM) *
Passengers, Assassins's Creed and Star Wars all released within a week?

If summer taught us anything, something has to give. This?

I think (and am pretty confident!) it'll be Assassins flopping with this and Rogue One hits!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th September 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Assassin's Creed' has been pushed back to the 1st January for the UK!

In fact, I don't think (at least not here) they don't clash and are only a week or so apart from each other. 'Star Wars: Rogue One' - 'Passengers' - 'Assassin's Creed'.

You're right that they clash in the US though. Buttttt, I get the feeling AC will get pushed back again for some reason.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st September 2016, 01:23 AM
Post #8
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

NEVER underestimate the video game fandom. Especially PlayStation/Xbox.

I do agree with Regina, this formula seems tried and opportunistic. At this point (especially after Magnificent Seven), action movies are like Chris Pratt's Teenage Dream and he's just releasing way too many singles from the same album.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 21st September 2016, 08:20 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

The team behind Despicable Me also release Sing on the same day as Passengers and Assassins's Creed in the US.

When was the last time we had such a competitive December?

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 21st September 2016, 09:28 AM
Post #10
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Glad we now have actual footage of this so it does seem it won't be delayed now and we'll be getting it this winter. The two big names is enough to get me in the cinema opening weekend but the trailer does have me even more hyped, looks like it has a strong story line to it and will hopefully have its fair share of twists and turns by the looks of it.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 22nd September 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

oh Sing will beat the shit out of all of them

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 23rd September 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #12
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Assassin's Creed will flop, video game films just don't seem to translate. It says a lot when The Angry Birds Movie is the second highest grossing video game film of all time with a modest $346.4 million. Warcraft is the highest but that's only because of China, it flopped everywhere else and that surely has the biggest fanbase of the video game market! I guess Resident Evil has done moderately well but I don't know HOW because I've never heard anyone talk about it. Prince of Persia, Need for Speed and Hitman are all recent examples of video game movies that underperformed.

I think Assassin's Creed will do similarly to Prince of Persia at BEST.

(Passengers looks v cool and v interesting)

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 15th December 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I had a feeling this would happen, not looking good.

+Quote this post
sorryislayed
post 15th December 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,507

The trailer doesn't look that exciting or original imo, I thought it might be shit.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st December 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

7/10 a good movie, more interesting in some ways than Rogue One which I saw yesterday, this one has actual proper characters and only 4 main actors, on the whole. Any film with either Chris Pratt or J-Law in it is going to be good, I love both, and this one has a bit of nudity in it - no not the female lead, the male, Chris Pratt admirably gets his kit off at the drop of a hat in real life, usually for laughs, so power to him!

Mostly, though, there's a different moral question at the heart of the "it's all gone horribly wrong mid-way between the stars" plot: I won't spoil it, but I've seen some comments saying it's a disturbing creepy stalker film about having power over someone, and it's NOT that. It is well-handled though, and there is plenty to love on the film:
love the space ship design, just fab, logical and elegant; love the 4 performances, Laurence Fishburne is always good, and Michael Sheen makes a loveable android (presumably one of his last Hollywood roles, as he has given it up to take on the Far-right political threats in the UK. Hero).

Both Chris and Jennifer are fab. I love the galactic widescreen backdrop, aiming for the stars and new life on new worlds. I may upgrade the rating on repeat viewing (I often do that. Equally I often downgrade on familiarity, but I suspect this will go up not down)....

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 23rd December 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I saw it last night, and I must say I loved it, however, my main critic was the ending...Aurora should have been saved and I guess share her experience ala Rose from Titanic lol.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 25th December 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(mAddy Xmas! @ Dec 23 2016, 11:22 PM) *
I saw it last night, and I must say I loved it, however, my main critic was the ending...Aurora should have been saved and I guess share her experience ala Rose from Titanic lol.

I think you may have liked the original script ending - in some ways it would have made more sense than the one they went with....

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 29th December 2016, 12:20 AM
Post #18
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

It was OK but to say how much I adore Chris and Jennifer, I would've liked something better as I didn't think it showcased Jennifer's abilities really. Don't entirely mind that the trailer was misleading (that they didn't wake up together / at the same time) but I can't get over how much of a dick I feel Jim was for waking her up laugh.gif

It was definitely different from what I expected, less action, seemed to take a while to get going, got a bit boring for me but I did rather like the fun at the beginning.

And I don't like to over-analyse too much, this is hardly even a niggle and not something I'd knock a point off for but how come Michael Sheen was the only human-looking server when the restaurant waiters were plain robots kink.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th December 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #19
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I thought this was a really great little story and some brilliant world-building too, who wouldn't want to be a passenger on that ship?? (apart from if you get woken up 90 years early, I guess laugh.gif). The best parts were definitely the two main characters, aside from Jim's quesionable hibernation pod dilemma, he was very likeable and it's easy to see why she fell for him. Jennifer Lawrence was also very personable in this and I thought she came across really well too! There were some really cool scenes that I loved too, Jim first discovering everything on the ship and the anti-gravity scene being my highlights. I loved how funny it was too, loved the little robots cleaning up the mess after the spontaneous table kissing scene laugh.gif Would watch this again for sure!

Extra points for Chris Pratt butt shots wub.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th January 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

saw it again on monday (my niece nephew wanted to see it) and it holds up pretty well on second viewing, edging more to an 8 out of 10. the 11-year-old got a bit fidgety during the romance sequences, but the rest of the film held his attention.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:07 AM