BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Sky Bet League One, 2014/15 season
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Aug 6 2014, 01:10 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Here is the thread for discussing the upcoming 2014/15 season of League One football!

I'll hopefully make this post a bit more pretty like the Premier League and Championship ones in the next few days but just in case I don't get the chance, here's the thread anyway!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Aug 10 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
Great win for Bristol City against title favourites Sheffield United. Good performance too, especially in the second half. Really impressed with Wilbraham. Scored a great header, set up a brilliant flick for the second goal and held up the ball very well. Elliott had a good game and Flint was a rock at the back. A good team performance all round.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2014, 12:21 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
As a Derby fan, I'm interested to see how Sheffield United do this year with Nigel Clough in charge for his first full season. They had a great run at the end of last season so I wonder if it'll carry on, I personally can't see Sheffield United challenging for the top 2 and think play-offs at best for them as I'm not sure Nigel will be able to take them all the way.

+Quote this post
pwned
post Aug 15 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 16,183
Really pleased with our win at sheffield united, shame getting knoccked out the cup to oxford though. Buzzing to see first home league game tomorrow of the season. Who needs the premier league? Football league has real football

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Aug 16 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #5
Group icon
QUOTE(pwned @ Aug 15 2014, 11:11 PM) *
Who needs the premier league? Football league has real football

You wouldn't say that if we were in the Premiership tongue.gif

+Quote this post
pwned
post Aug 16 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
I mean in terms of i would rather support my local football club with a season ticket thats actually affordable, than be a gloryhunter excited for the premier league sky matches, cheering teams with stupidly big budgets, too many foreign players and embarrassing fans haha smile.gif

Great win today for bristol city, 2-1 is a good result, colchester were quite a good side. Korey smith, ayling and flint were winners today as well as abraham and elliott, fantastic performance. 3 points tuesday night v orient at home please #coyr #ctid

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Aug 17 2014, 12:00 AM
Post #7
Group icon
QUOTE(pwned @ Aug 16 2014, 10:14 PM) *
I mean in terms of i would rather support my local football club with a season ticket thats actually affordable, than be a gloryhunter excited for the premier league sky matches, cheering teams with stupidly big budgets, too many foreign players and embarrassing fans haha smile.gif

I knew what you meant. tongue.gif I agree with you though, I would rather support my local team and actually go to games than support a massive club from the Premiership watching on TV. There's so many glory hunters in Bristol unfortunately, but that's to be expected when you have two underachieving football clubs.

Anyway, moving on. Pleasing result against Colchester. biggrin.gif Wasn't the best performance but three points is all that mattered. I thought Smith was outstanding, definitely my man of the match.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Sep 5 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Great to see Coventry back at the Ricoh Arena. biggrin.gif They're winning 1-0 against Gillingham at half time. Coventry are dominating the game so far.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Sep 5 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
As a supporter of a team who spent a full two seasons a long way from home (at Gillingham by a strange coincidence) I'm very pleased to see Coventry return home. The Football League really need to get their act together and make sure there are proper checks on the ownership of clubs and their grounds.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Sep 17 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm really pleased with how well Bristol City are doing so far. biggrin.gif 20 points from a possible 24 is absolutely fantastic! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post Sep 18 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27
Great news for Coventry to be back home, must have been rather daunting for the new Coventry players who had only known low "home" attendances prior to Friday's Sky sports game.

Micky Adams has resigned as Port Vale manager.

+Quote this post
pwned
post Nov 21 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
A shame our long unbeaten run since march had to come to an end v swindon. Looking at the incident that caused wade elliott to be sent off, the FA should be ashamed. The swindon player appears to pull wade elliott towards him and then fall on the floor claiming a headbutt. Not to mention a certain mr thompson celebrating and trying to provoke our fans at the final whistle. Why dont the FA do anything about that?

Anyway onto the preston game tomorrow and hopefully we can start up a new unbeaten run with a home win. Still top of the league and hope we remain so! Coyr and ctid

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Nov 29 2014, 03:30 AM
Post #13
Group icon
That was a fantastic 3-0 win against Peterborough. cheer.gif I felt we needed that after defeats against Swindon and Preston. Completely dominated the first half and we were very comfortable in the second half. Hopefully we can go on another unbeaten run now.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post Dec 1 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265
Its great to see Bristol City on the rise again. They're my closest Football League team and ever since they lost the 2008 play off final there's been a steady decline down there. They were treading water in the Championship the season my team (West Ham) played them and then it seemed like a matter of time before relegation.

I notice Cotterill has said he prefers an all British team, as they work harder laugh.gif It may work for now, but without a few canny foreigners you sense they'll hit a glass ceiling somewhere in the Championship.

Hopefully the rebuild of Ashton Gate and promotion (fingers crossed) will be a springboard for big things. Bristol is a notorious underachiever at football and the interest here would be massive if they ever made the Premier League. Cities like Cardiff and Swansea have had top-level football, so why not Bristol!?

This post has been edited by ML Hammer95: Dec 1 2014, 08:28 PM

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Dec 27 2014, 03:15 AM
Post #15
Group icon
It's looking like a great promotion race between the top 4 teams, with only one point separating 1st and 4th. A massive eleven points between 4th and 5th, which is just incredible at this stage of the season. Obviously I hope we stay where we are, but it's going to be tough with three other teams right behind us.

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post Dec 27 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27
The title race in this division is certainly exciting. Bristol City are certainly having a brilliant season.

I see Crawley's manager John Gregory is resigning owing to open heart surgery in January. Dean Saunders is interim boss.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Feb 2 2015, 12:25 AM
Post #17
Group icon
WE'RE BRISTOL CITY, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! w00t.gif

2 points clear of MK Dons and 3 points clear of Swindon with a game in hand on both of them. Massive game next week against MK Dons though. That's going to be a very hard game as they've been scoring for fun this season. I think a draw would be a great result for us, a win would be bloody fantastic!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Feb 4 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Gary Johnson has been sacked as the manager of Yeovil Town after three years in charge.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Feb 4 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm surprised he wasn't sacked earlier to be honest. I'll always admire Gary Johnson for what he did at Bristol City (even if it did go pear-shaped towards the end). 2006-2008 was a great time to be a Bristol City fan. Thankfully the good times seem to be coming back under Steve Cotterill.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Feb 14 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
A very disappointing result and performance against a very organised Sheffield United side. Probably one of the best teams I've seen this season, definitely deserved their 3-1 win. Luckily other results went our way and we're still in a strong position. If we win against Peterborough on Tuesday night we'll go 7 points clear of Swindon and potentially 8 points clear of MK Dons if they lose against Colchester. All to play for.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:26 PM