BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dancing With The Stars - Season 30, + first same gender couple on the show!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post 27th August 2021, 03:33 AM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/dancing-wi...1235050052/amp/

The show is back for another season and not only are we getting a same gender couple, that person will be JOJO SIWA.

Suni Lee will also be joining the cast as this season’s Olympian pick tongue.gif Full cast and pros coming soon! (Fingers crossed for Britt returning)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th September 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I don't know if it's officially official, but Housewife Kenya Moore announced she's competing this season.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 8th September 2021, 03:34 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th September 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Sep 8 2021, 03:14 PM) *
I don't know if it's officially official, but Housewife Kenya Moore announced she's competing this season.

It's official. Also Mel C!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st September 2021, 05:01 AM
Post #4
Group icon

Watch all Week 1 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s an all new season of Dancing With The Stars! With 15 new hopefuls including Olympians, wrestlers, reality TV stars, and the first EVER same sex pairing, Tyra Banks leads us through Week 1 of the 30th season of the long running show. Len’s back and Derek’s in Julianne’s previous seat!

No voting this week, scores will be combined with the dances from next week and then the voting will begin!

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Derek | Bruno)

-

Mel C & Gleb: This could be a power pairing in the making! We saw Mel B rip in Season 5, how will Sporty Spice fare 25 seasons later?

A nice clean performance, if a bit basic. Basic isn’t all that bad for Week 1 though. Len loved it, of course. Derek wanted straighter legs and more defined lines. Bruno liked it but told her to watch her hip action.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 6 | 7 = 27. This is around where I thought she’d perform for Week 1, about average.

-

The Miz & Witney: I guess this guy counts as the Disney alum of the season? He was a guest star on Pair Of Kings. It was kinda obvious that he’d get Witney, she always gets the crackheads.

He’s giving me Nelly vibes so far: he really feels it on the dance floor and really plays up his persona, it looked a bit sloppy at places but you can’t help but feel charmed by him. The judges were loving his energy and personality, and Derek was surprised that he was looser than expected.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. I’d rank that a 6 too.

-

Iman & Daniella: Basketball stars literally never do well on this show, but Daniella did wonders on Nelly, so maybe that could cancel it out?

I thought that was pretty okay, expected it to be a lot worse than it was. Bruno thought he was nimble and decent despite the jive’s difficulty, but tells him to watch his feet and musicality. The other judges liked it despite Len’s bite on his technique.

Scores: 7 | 4 | 5 | 5 = 21. Interestingly Carrie Ann loved it despite the flaws.

-

Olivia & Val: The Ryan Lochte of the season tongue.gif This was another pairing that I could see coming. Val tells her that her past doesn’t matter and that she should concentrate on the present.

“Juice” is gonna end up being another overused song on DWTS huh. This was actually pretty nice! The judges are raving. Derek thinks that she has so much potential but wants her to relax her shoulders.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 25. Honestly this just makes me want Addison Rae on the show more.

-

Jimmie & Emma: More country stars. As if that ever gets old. I have faith that Emma could bring out the best in him.

“The Way I Are” is such a weird song for a tango. He looks very shaky at parts but I’m glad to see him gliding through the motions. Len thought the dance didn’t suit his personality, and Derek and Bruno wanted him to improve on the technique.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 6 | 5 = 22. Tyra announces that Jimmie’s wife is pregnant with their third child, which warms him.

-

Melora & Artem: Wait I forgot she was from the Hannah Montana movie! Honestly have no expectations now that Artem has his win.

Artem has another good partner! Hallelujah! She’s got great energy and a great attitude. Bruno thought she had great lines but wants her to be more consistent with her balance. Carrie Ann loved the technique and the personality.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 6 = 26. Another pretty good score!

-

Suni & Sasha: Suni went 1-2-3 in the Olympics last month, how will she fare in DWTS? This is the third gymnast Sasha has gotten after Simone and Mary Lou.

I can just see that Suni is having fun but also concentrating on the dance. Not bad for someone who has never had any dance training! Bruno loves her lines but wants her to not look at the floor. Carrie Ann tells her to be less prepared, and Derek somewhat agrees.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 | 7 = 28. She’s kinda giving me a mix of Simone and Mirai? Simone’s skills with Mirai’s personality?

-

Cody & Cheryl: Peleton guy! For some reason I thought he was gonna get Sharna tongue.gif idc he’s cute so *shrugs*

I’m sorry but if they were gonna do a dance to “Physical” it has to be much faster. Another decent dance but I feel like he gets too excited at times. Carrie Ann thought he looked too nervous but that goes away with time. The judges think he has a lot of potential

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. About where I’d score him. I kinda wish it would be faster though tongue.gif

-

Amanda & Alan: Another Broadway girl! She also lost her husband to COVID, which I’m sure production will milk the hell out of.

Damn the women are just smoking the men this season! It was fast and ferocious, pretty good tango for the first time out! The judges loved it of course. Almost expected, Carrie Ann starts crying.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 | 7 = 28. The only thing that sucks about the extended cast would be the shortened judge’s critiques.

-

Martin & Britt: Following Ralph Macchio’s stint in Season 12, now we get to see his on screen rival performing. Mercy is for the weak!

…he did more during his monologue than the entire dance. The judges were… not feeling it. They thought the dancing wasn’t it but admire his personality. Len thought it was a nice effort in spite of his age.

But honestly poor Britt! I think this was more her being a new pro so this is her paying her dues. Jenna, Alan, Pasha and Brandon all had weak early showings as well.

Scores: 4 | 3 | 3 | 3 = 13. “I felt that in my spirit” lmao nice save Tyra.

-

Kenya & Brandon A former Miss USA! I’m really digging this partnership! I’m sure Brandon can bring out the best out of her.

Omg she looks so beautiful! That fit just looks FANTASTIC on her. She also performed a really good foxtrot! She glided through that dance floor like it was nothing! Carrie Ann admired her posture and refined nature, and Len loved her sophistication. Kenya honestly is just happy to be here!

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 | 7 = 26. Kenya and Brandon are just hilarious paired up together, this is gonna be hilarious.

-

Christine & Pasha: Another pretty recent reality star. Hilarious that she doesn’t think anyone could be as pretty as Pasha in person laugh.gif

This was honestly a lot better than expected! She was refined but still has a long way to go. Carrie Ann praises her back flexibility but thought she was pretty inconsistent. Len wants her to watch her feet. Derek praised her costume but wants her to get a bit lower on the ground for her to glide more freely. Bruno just wants her to polish her skills and she can go really far.

Scores: 6 | 7 | 6 | 6 = 25. They’re really pushing the “dislocated rib” thing huh laugh.gif

-

Matt & Lindsay: This is also gonna be another crackhead pairing laugh.gif Can’t wait to see what Lindsay has been cooking up since giving birth.

He’s a lot better than I thought! I was scared he was gonna be cringe like the rest of the male Bachelor contestants. Len needs him to get more hip action and Derek wants him to watch his feet. Carrie Ann commended him for using the stage well.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. Lindsay’s still glowing, she gave birth last year heart.gif

-

Brian & Sharna: WAIT HOLD UP. Since when was he dating Sharna??? Giving me James Maslow & Peta vibes tbh laugh.gif

He’s also pretty decent. The best thing about this was that you can feel the chemistry between them. I guess Bruno kinda sensed it too. The judges are kinda gushing for this partnership but they want him to perform for them.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. Lowkey this might be one of the better male dancers.

-

Jojo & Jenna: I keep forgetting how tall Jojo is.

Funny how this was but the same song Mackenzie and Sage danced to on DWTS Juniors. Eek @ Jenna almost falling! Jojo killed it as I expected. The judges were impressed by how well she led even with the fall.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 7 | 7 = 29. I know she’s gonna get some criticism from being on Dance Moms but I don’t really care tongue.gif

-

Next Week: The audience is voting but no eliminations until next week! How will the contestants shape up with their next dance?

Dance Ranking:
8 | 1.) Jojo & Jenna
7 | 2.) Kenya & Brandon
7 | 3.) Amanda & Alan
7 | 4.) Mel C & Gleb
7 | 5.) Suni & Sasha
7 | 6.) Brian & Sharna
7 | 7.) Olivia & Val
6 | 7.) Cody & Cheryl
6 | 9.) Melora & Artem
6 | 10.) Matt & Lindsay
6 | 11.) Christine & Pasha
6 | 12.) The Miz & Witney
6 | 13.) Jimmie & Emma
5 | 14.) Iman & Daniella
3 | 15.) Martin & Britt

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 21st September 2021, 05:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Great to hear Kenya did well! Not sure if I'll tune in this season or not. Might try and give this a go this year.

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 21st September 2021, 07:53 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

The Miz a crack head laugh.gif and disney?

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 28th September 2021, 05:06 AM
Post #7
Group icon

Watch all Week 2 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s the first elimination of Dancing With The Stars! We get a mini introduction to new de facto troupe members Ryan and Sophia, and we also get an announcement that Cheryl has tested positive for COVID, so she and partner Cody Rigsby will not be be in the ballroom, so we might be seeing their dress rehearsal instead.

No voting this week, scores will be combined with the dances from next week and then the voting will begin!

-

Matt & Lindsay: So their lessons are gonna be more about hip action, and we get a little sneak peek of his relationship with Rachel.

Another nice performance, this time with more fan service coming in Bruno’s way. The samba content however? Meh. Len continues to rib on him about the hips, and Derek agrees but commends his stage presence. Carrie Ann tells him that his bravado needs to be more consistent throughout the dance.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 6 | 6 = 22. Eek. I kinda agree with Derek, it’s a low 6.

-

Olivia & Val: We get a look at Olivia’s history in her beauty vlogger career and even get a behind the scenes look at her video with Val. It’s a cute moment.

She is NAILING this dance! There was some really good gliding and the choreography was spot on. Derek applauds her spirit, Bruno points out a few small mistakes but thought she did great for a beginner, and Carrie Ann commends their trust and chemistry. Len notes the rotations and versatility in the choreography.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 27. Olivia is having a blast and loves the experience.

-

Kenya & Brandon: She is EXCITED to do a salsa to Donna Summer! She is ready to feel it after all that she’s been through.

Her smile is just radiant. She is just having so much fun out there and it makes me want to get up and dance. A nice clean Cha Cha. Bruno thought she was much stronger in the second half than the first. Carrie Ann advises her to watch her balance in her battements. Len applauds her hip action and thought that she had a ton of fire. Derek loved the dance but wanted to look for more consistency.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. Kenya wants to do this to encourage her daughter.

-

The Miz & Witney: They seem to be connecting really well, but can they shape up for the tango?

This guy is EXPLOSIVE, and he really got serious for the tango. Carrie Ann applauded his balance between his personality and control. Len thought he lacked finesse but had a ton of attack. Derek disagreed and thought his control was spot on. Bruno thought his tango had all the elements. This guy is really surprising me, I think he can pull a Frankie Muniz and get close to the top.

Scores: 7 | 5 | 7 | 7 = 26. God, Len is on something today. Are you sure he didn’t test positive? bc the taste is LACKING.

-

Brian & Sharna: Man, producers are gonna be milking this relationship the entire season laugh.gif

Tbh it was much stronger in the first half but it just felt so honest. Len didn’t really like the dance - he thought that there was a lot of posing. Derek thinks that he wants his limbs to be more controlled. Bruno seems to agree with me, but he thought there wasn’t enough rumba content. Carrie Ann thinks that the connection needs to expand to his body.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 6 | 6 = 23. And therein lies the problem with this pairing. They can do a dance that’s honest to them but feels like fanservice to us, and it will end up lacking in other areas.

-

Christine & Pasha: Christine has revealed that she’s been a fan of the show for a decade and a half and has sat in the audience a couple of times. So glad to see her living out her dream.

The dancing is good but I’m not a big fan of the lighting - it seems to hinder her facial expressions. Derek thought that she had great body awareness but wants her to loosen up more towards the end of the routine. Bruno tells her to watch for her dismount. Carrie Ann loved her passion but agrees with the judges that she needed to be more consistent. Len makes a bold prediction that she won’t be going home this week.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. Some low scores so far, hmmm.

-

Jimmie & Emma: So the theme is “special connections to the celebrity”? Nice to see Jimmie dancing to his song anyway.

Emma is ripping it up with the choreography, and I’m glad the song fits the style this time. Jimmie seems pretty focused anyway. Bruno loved his lines and extensions, Carrie Ann felt that she was connected to their dance, and Len wanted him to alter his footwork but thought that he improved immensely. Derek agreed with the other judges that his feet needed work but his extensions were beautiful.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 27. Jimmie is precious honestly heart.gif

-

Amanda & Alan: Another tribute to her late husband. Apparently this was their wedding song.

This is exactly what I expected from a foxtrot. It was super refined and she has fantastic lines. Carrie Ann thought that she had the spotlight, Len absolutely loved the dance but thought there were too many kicks. Derek loved her extensions and thought it was enjoyable to watch and Bruno agrees.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32. FANTASTIC scores for this week.

-

Jojo & Jenna: They really ripped up that quickstep despite the fall. It’s also really interesting to see her hair without the ponytail.

I have been following her career since Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition: her facial expressions have not changed. She still has that ferocity. Len thought that this has been his fave Latin dance of the season. Derek loved her personality but thinks that less is more. Bruno thought that she had a ton of stage presence and Carrie Ann loved their partnership and connection.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 7 | 8 = 31. Tied for first overall!

-

Iman & Daniella: After their polarizing dance last week, they get to do a dance as a tribute to his wife Teyana Taylor.

They are just grooving across the stage. There’s a lot of slow and fast movements, it seemed like for every great moment there was a time when Daniella was dancing circles around him. Derek loved the energy and Bruno appreciated how hard he worked to find the melodies. Carrie Ann thought that he had a great connection to the music and appreciated the added content which Len would like. Indeed he did.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 25. A nice improvement.

-

Martin & Britt Yeah… after that train wreck last week I figured that they would want to put this past them and to have more fun.

Ayiyi… well at least they’re having fun? It’s also great that she’s highlighting him as much as possible since they’re probably goners this week laugh.gif Bruno thought that he had more confidence and there were more steps despite the mistakes. Carrie Ann was proud to see them having fun. Len gave tons of props to Britt for the choreography and Derek loved how fun they were.

Scores: 4 | 3 | 4 | 4 = 15. Britt wanted to give him a dance that just made him feel warmer.

-

Melora & Artem: Dancing for her daughters to a song paying tribute to her empty nest syndrome. Hilarious.

Wow this dance is good too! She was centered during the turn and there was a ton of good content. Carrie Ann lauded her ability to comprehend the choreography with her whole body. Len thought the dance was light but wanted more content. Derek thought her movement had a lot of quality and Bruno thought that her acting was great in places.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 27. Love seeing the women provide excellent scores.

-

Cody & Cheryl: I’m interested to see what Peloton guy has for this dance especially since the show is playing their dress rehearsal footage.

The DRAMATICS. I expect nothing more from Cheryl’s choreo. Great to see that they’re still in the game even if they’re receiving their critiques in quarantine. The judges saw a few issues in the performance but thought that the dance was good despite the circumstances.

Eek. I hope that they’re still gunning for the trophy even with them quarantining for 14 days.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 = 24. Pretty average scores but if that’s their scores when they’re not at 100%, I can’t imagine how it must look in a live performance setting.

-

Mel C & Gleb: She’s sharing her connections to the Beatles with her struggles trying to succeed from a lower middle class family.

The women are just killing it this season, aren’t they? Derek loved her frame but warned her not to look down. Bruno applauds her ability to combine her lyricism and dynamics. Carrie Ann thinks she should trust herself, and Len was pleased with the dance.

Fun Fact: this is the second time Gleb has danced to this song, the first time with Jana Kramer. It was also nice to see Ringo wish her well.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 30. Umm okay Derek and Bruno we see you *.*

-

Suni & Sasha: With Week 1 done, we get to see Suni show some vulnerability. Sasha really gets her to open up and tells her not o be so hard on herself.

There was a part where she gets a little late and then she gets into the music. Bruno gives her tips on projection and acting, but Carrie Ann saw that she was getting more confident in herself. Len thought that she was improving in her performance. Derek of course mentions the flip - can’t be a Sasha dance without acrobatics.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 | 7 = 28. She’s getting there. Pretty good for someone with no dancing/ballroom experience whatsoever.

-

I just want to take the time to appreciate Tyra’s changing Christmas ribbon dress laugh.gif

Results Time!
The judges’ save remains thank god!

The first couples safe are…

Iman & Daniella!
Amanda & Alan!
Suni & Sasha!
Cody & Cheryl!
Matt & Lindsay!
Jojo & Jenna!
Melora & Artem!
Jimmie & Emma!
Mel C & Gleb![b]
and [b]Olivia & Val!

Next one safe is… The Miz & Witney!
Also safe are… Brian & Sharna!
The last couple safe is… Kenya & Brandon!

The bottom 2 are: Martin & Britt and Christine & Pasha

Derek votes to save… Christine & Pasha
Bruno votes to save… Christine & Pasha

Carrie Ann votes to save…Christine & Pasha

Which means…
Eliminated: Martin & Britt. Quite obviously. His combined score was nearly 20 points below the next couple laugh.gif

Next Week: IT’S BRITNEY NIGHT!!! How will the dancers fare to music by the esteemed superstar?

Dance Ranking:
8 | 1.) Amanda & Alan
8 | 2.) Jojo & Jenna
8 | 3.) Olivia & Val
7 | 4.) Jimmie & Emma
7 | 5.) The Miz & Witney
7 | 6.) Mel C & Gleb
7 | 7.) Kenya & Brandon
7 | 8.) Suni & Sasha
6 | 9.) Melora & Artem
6 | 10.) Cody & Cheryl
6 | 11.) Christine & Pasha
6 | 12.) Iman & Daniella
6 | 13.) Brian & Sharna
6 | 14.) Matt & Lindsay
3 | 15.) Martin & Britt

Wishing Cheryl a speedy recovery ❤️‍��

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th September 2021, 03:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I did watch Kenya's dance yesterday. Great energy and enthusiasm! You can tell she's putting a lot into this. I hope she's in for the long haul, I don't think Housewives have done particularly well? Have they?

K I may need to watch the full Britney episode next week kink.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th October 2021, 06:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon

Watch all Week 2 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s the first elimination of Dancing With The Stars! If anyone hasn't been following Twitter, Cody Rigsby has also come down as positive but since both he and Cheryl have been fully vaccinated and cleared by the doctors, production has allowed them to compete... but separately. In another twist: Derek was also exposed to someone who had COVID, and while he tested negative, he is self-quarantining for this show. No scores from our newest judge.

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

Amanda & Alan: I'm glad that we get to hear a bit more about Amanda's story and not just her husband. It gave us a look at her and her story.

I LOVE her lines, but at the same time it feels a bit too graceful and joyous for Circus. Tbh no one can top Tinashe. Len liked it but he felt that there was no excitement. Bruno needed more fluidity and wants her to work on the details. Carrie Ann thought she had great technique but needs to work on her posture. Amanda's glad she went first so that she can enjoy the rest of the show.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24/30. All those critiques only for her to get 8's tongue.gif

-

Iman & Daniella: I'm excited to see his improvement. It's hilarious that he sang Oops! instead of Piece Of Me.

Honestly I was so glued to the screen that it was hard to make time for my own critiques. I thought the dance was good but something was kinda off that stopped me from liking it more. Bruno commended him for trying to keep his posture consistent and lead with his heel steps. Carrie Ann loved that he toned it down for this type of dancing but wanted him to keep his posture up when he's out of hold. Len wants him to work on his feet.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 = 19/30. Olivia is having a blast and loves the experience.

-

Christine & Pasha: After escaping elimination last week, she's a bit worried that she will get eliminated too early. Pasha thinks that they can make a breakthrough with a little more hard work. To get her in the spirit for Britney week, Christine shares her story about her difficulty with conception and then giving birth to her child.

I was smiling as soon as they used the chairs. I can tell that Christine was having fun with this dance. It wasn't the strongest paso doble but it did the job. The judges were mesmerized with her passion and thought that she did pretty well.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21/30. Christine sought inspiration from her son Baby G for the song and it definitely paid off.

-

Jojo & Jenna: Week 3 and Jojo finally mentions Dance Moms. She's mentioned that being homeschooled hasn't prepared her for a lot of the social conflict that she ended up getting after she landed in Nickelodeon. Maybe all that screaming from Abby helped somehow.

The outfits screamed quickstep so much that I forgot it was an argentine tango laugh.gif This was pretty good but I thought there were too many pauses. Len loved the lifts but didn't like the the staccato nature. Bruno thought she missed a step. Carrie Ann admired how moldable she is as a dancer and then went on to commend her leading and believed the guys should learn from her.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24/30. Jojo thought this was a challenging dance bc of the intricate lifts.

-

Kenya & Brandon: Kenya reflects on her time in pageants and her winning Miss USA in 1993... a year before Brandon was born. Man, I'm getting old.

Brandon is leading her pretty well! This was a pretty simple dance but I thought it did the job as well. Bruno loved her poise and elegance. Carrie Ann thought she was beautiful and refined during the dance. Len thought that the pair used the floor very well.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21/30. Pretty good scores! She seems excited and I'm excited for her too.

-

Brian & Sharna: Brian reflects on the success of 90210 and how that parallels to Britney's 90's stardom. We also get some cute couple moments bc OF COURSE WE DO.

I like the motif for this dance - it feels very Game Of Thrones. However... the speed wasn't it. The dance felt too slow for a song as energetic and legendary as Till The World Ends. I thought the technique was pretty good but I just did not get Britney. Carrie Ann applauds him for serious dancing and his body contact. Len thought his hold and body contact were great but his footwork was less than that. Bruno thought that there was a disconnect.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 = 19/30. Brian really knows how to charm his audience lmao.

-

Melora & Artem: Melora worries about how she's a good actor but doesn't feel confident in her dancing, which frustrates her. What is it with Artem and partners that get in their head?

Now THIS is a Britney dance! There was so much content and she danced like the rent was due. All that energy! Len applauds the amount and quality of hip action. Bruno thought that she got into the character well, and Carrie Ann lauded her ability to make her dancing look natural despite her not being a dancer.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 = 23. Tyra mentions that she doesn't need lines - she needs a good choreographer and confidence in herself.

-

Mel C & Gleb: With the two of them being so intertwined in their careers, it's really interesting to see how she connects with Britney. Mel mentions that she gets in her own head with her perfectionism and discipline and the dance this week would be a way for her to release herself.

Already this is the best backdrop for the entire dance. I feel like she's really improving on her eye contact and the dancing was fantastic as always. Bruno thought her service was first class. Carrie Ann applauded the amount of content and then advised her to work on her tension. Len thought there were too many stops but it was great on hold.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 = 22. There we go Bruno!

-

Jimmie & Emma: Jimmie talks about how he wants to impress his wife and family every time. He is so sweeet.

They are doing Jimmie dirty with these song choices, LORDT. That did not stop their dancing from being top tier. Jimmie is starting to become my favorite amongst the men! Carrie Ann thought that his wrists needed work and that the lifts were shaky. Len liked the ease in the dance but wanted him to give more him action. Bruno loved the flow of the dance and disagreed with the other judges about his hip action. Honestly he did the best with what he was given.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 8 = 20. I love the little bit about his baby.

-

Olivia & Val: Lmao the cakes for her birthday practice session laugh.gif Olivia talks about how she wants people to like her for her personality. Tbf there are a lot of reasons why people hate her... 50% are about her privilege.

If anyone was going to pull of a Britney tango, it's Val. Leave it to the Chmerkovskiy brothers to create a good fast tango. So much ferocity and content in a short dance. Len loved that this was a proper tango. I figured that was a subtweet to Brian and Sharna lmao. Bruno loved seeing her evolve. Carrie Ann boldly states that this was the best dance of the night. She calls her elegant and passionate.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. First 8's for them!

-

Cody & Cheryl: How in the world are they going to be doing this virtual performance? I know it's jazz so it's fine if they dance it separately, but still! I'm just glad that they got cleared.

Give me that Peloton energy. I love Cheryl's home setup. THIS DANCE IS MAJOR BRITNEY ENERGY. Cody and Cheryl literally said "the time has come for you to lip sync for your life!" He is living his BEST LIFE.

Unfortunately, Bruno sees the same issues I'm seeing: with this being virtual it's hard to sync up. I would chime in that sync issues are 90% out of their control. They're dancing separately, which means different bandwidth depending on environment and usage. Let's not forget that this time during the live taping, there's been a thunderstorm going on. Carrie Ann commended them for still competing despite the issues but knows that the dance wasn't as good as they wanted it to be. Len shows some sympathy for their circumstances and thought they did well regardless.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 = 18. Expected scores. I think it could have been much better in the stage setting but I think they did they best they could given the circumstances.

-

Suni & Sasha: Doing college and DWTS is pretty crazy. Maybe she could ask Arike (Season 26) for some advice? Suni thinks Sasha is such a dad lmao. Tbf he'd make a really good parent.

Okay some acro. I see you channeling that Dance Moms energy. This is an iconic song, but it's such a bad song for a foxtrot. I like it, but idk there's a disconnect. Carrie Ann liked it but thought there was a disconnect with some of the more sensual moves - girl, she's barely legal. Len thought that they didn't capture a foxtrot mood - Len, they're dancing to I'm A Slave 4 U. Bruno thought they did pretty well with what they were given.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. Same as last week. I can see that.

-

Matt & Lindsay: More stars and pros with childhood nostalgia with Britney. Matt shouts out his mom with this dance.

This is a pretty good song for a tango tongue.gif He's doing a lot better than I thought he would. Len loved that it was a full on routine but pointed out him having problems with the footwork. Bruno loved the concentration in his face and could see his hard work. Carrie Ann thought that he was more refined and that his hold was pretty good.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 = 20. Interesting.

-

The Miz & Witney: That 5 from Len really motivated him to get better with this dance.

Witney in the cherry red fit looking like Britney's jumpsuit... I LOVE. Honestly I love how they're matching each other's energy. Those lifts? Chef's kiss. Bruno loved shirtless Mike. Carrie Ann loved his energy but thought that he should get looser with the salsa. Len commended his progression and confidence.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 = 22. He's just so much fun I swear.

-

I'm excited for the tour! It's also scary to see a three way tie but it's to be expected with one less judge.

Results Time!
The judges’ save remains thank god!

The first couples safe are…

Olivia & Val!
Jimmie & Emma!
Melora & Arem!
Jojo & Jenna!
Iman & Daniella!
Mel C & Gleb!
Brian & Sharna!
Matt & Lindsay!

and Suni & Sasha!

Next one safe is… Amanda & Alan!
Also safe are… Cody & Cheryl!
The last couple safe is… The Miz & Witney!
The bottom 2 are: Kenya & Brandon and Christine & Pasha

Interesting. Cody scores the least but avoids the bottom. Which means he's dancing in Disney night. Hope he comes out of quarantine sooner rather than later.

Carrie Ann votes to save… Kenya & Brandon
Bruno votes to save… Kenya & Brandon
Len votes to save…Christine & Pasha

Which means…
Eliminated: Christine & Pasha. Kenya & Brandon were more consistent. Disappointed for Christine & Pasha though, they had the dedication but they were just there as a pairing.

#FreeBritney

Next Week: Disney Night is getting split into two nights! Next Monday is Heroes Night, and a special Tuesday episode will be dedicated to the villains!

Dance Ranking:
8 | 1.) Olivia & Val
8 | 2.) Mel C & Gleb
8 | 3.) Jojo & Jenna
8 | 4.) The Miz & Witney
7 | 5.) Melora & Artem
7 | 6.) Cody & Cheryl
7 | 7.) Amanda & Alan
7 | 8.) Jimmie & Emma
7 | 9.) Kenya & Brandon
7 | 10.) Suni & Sasha
7 | 11.) Christine & Pasha
7 | 12.) Iman & Daniella
7 | 13.) Matt & Lindsay
6 | 14.) Brian & Sharna

A lot of these couples are impressing me with how well they're dancing! This cast is surely stacked!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 5th October 2021, 06:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I watched the first half of this last night (because it's Britney bitch!). I watched up until Mel C and turned it off. I was surprised at how many I knew. I felt Christine was a very odd choice given there has been one season of Bling Empire. Jojo was by far the best from what I saw!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 11th October 2021, 02:50 AM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Sep 28 2021, 08:25 AM) *
I don't think Housewives have done particularly well? Have they?
Stats on Real Housewives cast/alumni on DWTS:
Lisa Rinna (Season 2): 4th
Lisa Vanderpump (Season 16): 10th
Nene Leakes (Season 18): 7th
Kim Zolciak-Bierman (Season 21): 11th (withdrew)
Kim Fields (Season 22): 8th
Erika Jayne (Season 24): 9th

Kim Zolciak withdrew due to health complications

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 11th October 2021, 11:47 AM
Post #12
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

team miz

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th October 2021, 05:07 AM
Post #13
Group icon

Watch all Disney Heroes dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s Disney Night on Dancing With The Stars! Disney Week is split into two nights, the first is Heroes week, then tomorrow night will be Villains. We start with a really cool opening number, and Tyra introduces a Mickey Dance Challenge for the couples to incorporate into their dance. The couple who the judges feel did the best with the challenge will be rewarded an extra two points to their score. This could potentially push someone beyond the threshold of the judges' save so we'll need to keep an eye out on that.

In other news, remember Cody Rigsby testing positive? Well... he's out of quarantine, so he'll be dancing live for the first time since Week 1!

-

Jojo & Jenna: Jojo excited to do the leading as if she hasn't been leading the past three weeks.

Jojo really has the right height to lead most of the pros. It's a pretty solid dance and the Mickey Dance challenge really fit with the theme. Len thought that the technique was top notch even with some problems with the choreo. The rest of the judges seem to be following suit with the rave reviews. Carrie Ann especially commends Jojo's frame and toned down energy.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. Wow, these 9's are gonna start pouring in now.

-

Mel C & Gleb: OMG she looks so cute in the Mary Poppins costume! Mel talks about how her mom sacrificed a lot to provide for her family and to help Mel get the training to bring her to where she is today.

"Step In Time" is such a tiring song drama.gif It was pretty cool to see her perform all these moves but God there is so much going on that I can't concentrate on everything. Bruno points out Mel being early in her moves - yeah I noticed that too. Carrie Ann also notices the little flub. Len of course loved it.

Scores: 7 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 31/40. Love the little shout out to her mama!

-

Matt & Lindsay: MATT DRESSED UP AS FROZONE I HAVE TO LAUGH. This is really gonna be a crackhead dance. Matt seems to be LIVING for this.

OMG that side aerial from Lindsay, I kinda expect Carrie Ann to call out that lift. It was... pretty underwhelming. Bruno thinks Matt's feet have improved. Carrie Ann thinks he's got a lot more to improve. Honestly idk what the judges are on, like they're entertained, yes, but it doesn't feel like he's improving as much as anyone else.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 26/40. Matt doing the famous "Where's my super suit?" like was kinda iconic tbh.

-

Jimmie & Emma: Paso Doble + Mulan! When I think of that combination I think of Normani. Jimmie decides to pay tribute to his father, also a military man, who passed away two years ago. It's gonna be a touching performance.

That might be the most creative way to incorporate the Mickey Challenge! This dance was strong, technical, and passionate. Carrie Ann raved throughout the performance. Len thought there were was a ton of walking during the performance but also loved the challenge. Derek noticed him lip syncing the entire performance but thought he got the full experience despite it. Bruno advises Jimmie to relax his shoulders when lifting his arms up in frame.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 | 7 = 30/40. Jimmie shares some touching words about his dad and what he would say in this moment.

-

Amanda & Alan: Alan as Tarzan? OOF. Imma enjoy these next few minutes. Amanda talks about her son and how her connection to her family makes her relate to Tarzan. Not entirely sure how the Mickey Challenge is gonna fit with the rumba.

This is another slick dance! During the Mickey challenge, I could see Alan get too excited and get too early, but honestly I think it fits with the character. Len thought that she really fit the dance but the challenge was where she fell. Derek thought the mistake worked as a contemporary break. Bruno thought she made the rumba look easy. Carrie Ann thought she looked cautious but commended her for going full in with the rumba.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. I've been saying that the Mickey Challenge was gonna throw them off especially considering how hard it is to incorporate it with a dance as slow and fluid as the rumba.

-

Olivia & Val: It's nice to see her get more comfortable with dancing. I Just Can't Wait To Be King is such a fun song but I can't help but laugh at all these repeat combos. Let's see if this does better than Cody Simpson's version.

Val's really delivering with the choreography this season! The Mickey Challenge was very "blink and you'll miss it" but the rest of the dance was solid! Derek thought their dance was super fun! Bruno calls her versatile and thought she did well. Carrie Ann commends their transition with the music change and their trust. Len thought the dance had a lot of "zip and no doo dah".

Scores: 8 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. Olivia trusts him a lot. Interesting.

-

The Miz & Witney: Miz is such a crackhead istg laugh.gif rotf.gif His kid really love the Genie from Aladdin. Now Witney's talking about having more kids lmao.

I see the band is performing the live action version. This dance is so cute! Honestly Miz is such an entertaining person that he makes up for the choreo being a bit easier than others. Bruno loved that he always goes full send. Carrie Ann commended him for bringing the right kind of energy for the dance he's given. Len loved that he's light on his feet.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 31/40. Those are the right scores tbh.

-

Kenya & Brandon: It's so cute to see her talk about her "miracle baby" heart.gif

Kenya has such good musicality! I thought there were a lot of lifts but they didn't distract from the performance, and she didn't stop performing until the bitter end. Carrie Ann points out two small mishaps with the lifts but it was still a solid dance. Len lauded the performance especially the creativity behind the Mickey challenge. Derek agrees and chops the lifting mistakes to Brandon. Bruno also blames Brandon for the mishap.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 | 7 = 29/40. Interesting score there.

-

Brian & Sharna: They're really gonna shoehorn this "we're a couple" thing all season huh drama.gif

This is a pretty good backdrop for the dance. The challenge was good but I just know Carrie Ann will call them out for the lift. While it was fluid, I kinda think the dance was just there. Len pointed out the same mistakes as before: the waltz came too late. Derek loved the opening sequence and commends his frame. Bruno thinks that their chemistry seems too monotone and wants a bit more versatility in the dance. As expected, Carrie Ann calls out the lift.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 7 | 6 = 25/40. Lol. Honestly they're relying on their real life relationship too much and it's affecting their dancing.

-

Suni & Sasha: I see they got the token "new movie promo" dance. Interesting they're doing a song about Colombia. Suni is lucky tbh.

That was another good rendition for the Mickey Challenge, and her hip action is improving a lot! You can tell that she's having a lot of fun in this dance. Derek loves that she's opening up more in the dance. Bruno thought the challenge added to the dance. Carrie Ann thought it was more picture perfect but wants more facial expressions. Len thought this was her most expressive dance yet. I'm feeling really good about this dance!

Scores: 8 | 8 | 9 | 8 = 33/40. OKAY DEREK WE SEE YOU.

-

Melora & Artem: Awww at her bringing her husband with her to the park! Interesting to see them do Jungle Book, I feel like that movie doesn't get enough love.

That opening shot before the dance starts was pretty funny. Artem is honestly just GUNNING for it with his stage presence, and the choreography is top notch as always. Another cute dance from them. Bruno calls it the best quickstep this season, with a perfect mix of content and whimsical Charleston elements. Carrie Ann thinks that Melora is unexpected which makes her special. Len thought the dance was great and that she's improved a lot. Derek gets really excited about the whole dance.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36. WOW, that's the highest for the night.

-

Cody & Cheryl: HE'S DRESSED AS POWERLINE??? I'm SO EXCITED FOR THIS. He's giving EVERYTHING.

BRUH he did the Moonwalk here! I absolutely love the Goofy Movie, and this put such a huge smile on my face. So glad to see them back in the ballroom. Carrie Ann loved the dance challenge because of all of his energy, but she wants him to complete his moves more. Len thought there wasn't enough jive content. Derek thinks he's a great performer but wanted more kicks and flicks in the jive. Bruno also notes that they hadn't worked together that much due to quarantine but thought it was great for what it was.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 27. Bruno makes a bold prediction that they'll come back next week.

-

Iman & Daniella: They're doing a dance to a song from Frozen... the first one. Have they done anything from Frozen 2 yet? He managed to hand deliver both of his babies? He's amazing.

Daniella is such a good pro. She's really selling him as a dancer with this choreo! Their challenge was also pretty nice. Aside from one part where I thought he was going to lose balance and slip, it was nice. Len commends the choreography and Derek lauded his improvement. Bruno thought that he got the feeling he wanted and that his extensions and lines (especially with him being so tall) were divine. Carrie Ann calls him a hero for dedicating the dance to his family.

Scores: 8 | 6 | 8 | 8 = 30. "Imma call you in the future to deliver my babies" DEREK ISTG-

-

Honestly I liked the Mickey Dance Challenge bc it added a new layer to Disney Night that didn't retract from the dances, and it put everyone in the same playing field.

Results Time!

With the amount of time left in the show it's pretty safe to say that we're not getting an elimination until at least tomorrow night, so we'll just get this out of the way:

Eliminated: no one!

So there's two bonus points up for grabs, who's going to get them?

The judges vote to award the points to...

Jimmie & Emma! As expected. Their challenge was well executed and well thought out, and it added to the dance more than I could say for the others.

Next Week: The second half of Disney Week kicks off with a tribute to some of the most iconic villains in film history: the Disney Villains! How will the bonus points affect the playing field? Will we get an elimination? Will we get a second Mickey challenge? Will Brian and Sharna skip the dance and just make out on stage? All the answers and more coming tomorrow!

Dance Ranking:
9 | 1.) Jimmie & Emma
9 | 2.) Melora & Artem
9 | 3.) Jojo & Jenna
9 | 4.) Olivia & Val
8 | 5.) The Miz & Witney
8 | 6.) Suni & Sasha
8 | 7.) Mel C & Gleb
8 | 8.) Iman & Daniella
7 | 9.) Kenya & Brandon
7 | 10.) Amanda & Alan
7 | 11.) Cody & Cheryl
6 | 12.) Brian & Sharna
6 | 13.) Matt & Lindsay

Yeah I'm getting tired of Brian and Sharna. But Matt is objectively the worst dancer remaining.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 13th October 2021, 05:10 AM
Post #14
Group icon

Watch all Disney Villains dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s Disney Villains Night on Dancing With The Stars! Disney Week is split into two nights, and after a successful Heroes week, then tomorrow night will be Villains. In the beginning of the show, Tyra teases that to compensate for last night's non-elimination, tonight will end with a scary double elimination. Who's getting the chop this week?

-

Jimmie & Emma: Jimmie is a HUGE Disney fan, up to the point where he's proposed to his wife and celebrated a baby reveal there. After receiving the 2 point bonus from the Mickey Dance challenge last night, they're performing a dance about Captain Hook.

Honestly I can't really fault this being so chaotic bc they're having a lot of fun. Len loved the concept and that the lifts are in character, then goes on to say that Jimmie impressed him with his improvement. Derek praised his energy and transformation. Bruno and Carrie Ann continue with the raving.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. Jimmie's really coming to his own and honestly I'm proud.

-

Cody & Cheryl: Wait, didn't Juan Pablo already do a Gaston dance? Looks like Cheryl's got a lot of practice there. Cody thinks he's got a hero and villain side bc he's a Gemini, I can't with this guy rotf.gif

OMG NOT THE LIVE ACTION VERSION drama.gif It's pretty fast paced and honestly I was scared that Cody couldn't keep up but he did fine. Derek thinks that he needs more work on his technique but did great performance-wise. Bruno is glad to see them finally perform in a stage setting. Carrie Ann praises him for applying her corrections from last night and finishing his moves. Len loved the content and execution.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 31/40. Props to Cody for learning two dances and filming a package over three days, especially after recovering from COVID.

-

Mel C & Gleb: She looks so good as Maleficent! They start strategizing about how to act and fit the dramatics into the dance, but then they start riding Web Slingers and it's a lot of fluff.

I'm digging her facial expressions. It's a really nice dance even if it's a bit slower than I would like. smile.gif Bruno thought her dance was enchanting and Carrie Ann calls it her best dance by far. Len loved the execution but thought it needed more content. Derek thought that they used the ambiance of the dance well.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. Gleb dressed as a chrome version of Diaval is kinda sending me?

-

Jojo & Jenna: Seeing them dressed as Mal and Evie gives me hope that maybe they'll throw in someone from Descendants over to DWTS. I wanna hope for China Anne McClain but idk she's busy with Black Lightning sad.gif Jojo has talked about being around "villains" - villains being haters - and talks about how she's overcome such huge hate. There's a shameless plug for "Boomerang" and that's that on that.

Another strong dance from Jojo! I know the stans are gonna go WILD with their characterization. Carrie Ann thought the dance was a bit too hectic. Len disagrees and thought that there was control in the dance and transitioned well from the Viennese Waltz. Derek attributed the chaos to the wigs. Bruno likened the dance to two villain stalwarts battling against each other. Honestly I don't know what kind of dance Carrie Ann is watching.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. Jojo sends her fans some encouraging words, which Tyra agrees to.

-

Kenya & Brandon: I'm LOVING how into their dance they get. Great to see that Kenya loves dancing as the Evil Queen - she is the OG villain, after all.

That opening was FIRE. This was another solid dance from them! Kenya's confidence never ceases to amaze me. Len thought her technique was great on hold and that it was a lovely dance. Derek tells them that he was into the dance and that Kenya should show more confidence. Carrie Ann thought that she centered herself well during the drag even with the foot coming off the ground - Kenya needs to straighten her legs during those spins next time.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 30/40. "This is your best dance yet" As soon as her foot came off the floor I knew Carrie Ann was gonna underscore that dance to oblivion.

-

Iman & Daniella: Jafar is an inspired choice for Disney Night! He explains that he got a lamp tattoo because he wanted to grant his own wishes.

WHOA that lift was DANGEROUS. In fact the dance is FULL of dangerous lifts. Derek was just as mesmerized by the lifts and thought that there were so many moments in the dance. Bruno loved the strength in the dance. Carrie Ann calls the dance magical and thought that the versatility in levels added to the dance. She however calls out the pair for flexing their feet. Len thought that this was their best dance yet.

Scores: 9 | 7 | 9 | 8 = 33/40. Derek is spot on as usual.

-

Melora & Artem: Damn they are so on par with the costume designs this season! It's nice to see Kate back to give Melora some support.

This dance is equal parts melodramatic and whimsical. Pretty fitting for a song that's supposed to be about gaslighting. Bruno loved the amount of comedy in the dance. Carrie Ann thought it was a bit too safe but the performance aspect was spot on. Len thought it was delightful and disagrees that the dance was safe. Derek also believed that she was magnificent.

Scores: 9 | 10 | 9 | 9 = 37/40. FIRST TENS!!! Len LOVES Melora so much.

-

The Miz & Witney: The one thing that I appreciate about Mike is that he always goes full send with the makeup and design. He's used to getting boo'd after being the bad guy in WWE.

This is one of the best villain songs in Disney history so I'm glad that this is getting a performance. I thought there was more content in the first half of the dance than in the second half. The only critique I had was that it was too short sad.gif Carrie Ann thought his focus is amazing and that Len thought the pair did great with the dance. Derek loved the many moments of the dance but wanted more. Bruno saw some balance checks but thought that it was a great dance.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 8 = 34/40. The judges are really feeling these Disney Night dances.

-

Brian & Sharna: ...here we go. Interesting that we're getting Jack vs. Barbossa in this dance! istg the shirts they're wearing for this package tho drama.gif

That's a lot of prop work in the first ten seconds. This is so slow for a Paso Doble but at least the characterization was on point. Len loved that the dance had a lot of aggression but needs Brian to use his arms and lift his diaphragm so he looks less unsure. Derek praised them for staying focused in the dance. Bruno thought that Brian needs to control his free arm. Carrie Ann lauded his commitment to the dance.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 = 27/40. A bit of a change of pace but maybe it works out for them.

-

Matt & Lindsay: It's pretty cute to see their friendship blossom over the weeks. Lindsay is really good at making these types of bonds with her partners.

BRUH WHAT IS THIS SONG CHOICE??? A rumba to Trust In Me would have been much better! It was a nice dance but I think his facial expressions really distracted from the dance. Derek apparently disagrees, but then critiques his footwork. Bruno wants him to improve his posture. Carrie Ann also thinks that his steps need more consistency. Len thought he saw a bit of passion but he wants much more from him.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 31/40. idk I thought it was kinda meh sad.gif

-

Olivia & Val: We get a pretty cute moment between the pair and Olivia's sister, Bella. It's a nice moment.

There's a lot of musical theater in this dance! Their dance is so much fun and it brings a smile to my face. Bruno thought it was another strong dance and commends them for their acting. Carrie Ann agrees about their acting chops but thought the dance was too safe and that their timing was off. Len thought it was a joyous dance. Derek thinks that she's a strong performer.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 35/40. This was a nice tribute for Hispanic Heritage Month.

-

Suni & Sasha: I love that we get a segment on Suni's family heart.gif I also love how this pair is such a clash, Suni's an introvert so the dynamic between her and the extroverted Sasha is a fun one.

Sasha as Thackery Binx is giving me LIFE. It reminded me of what Mark used to do in past seasons. The dance is slick and I think it was another breakthrough for Suni. Carrie Ann commends her energy and performance quality. Len wanted a standing spin but thought the pair looked great in hold. Derek thought her technique is still there as per but her performance is improving immensely. Bruno tells the pair to keep doing what they're doing.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 35. Some pretty close scores throughout.

-

Amanda & Alan: Amanda seems to really love Cruella. Should be another fire dance.

I'm not a fan of the rendition of this song. The dance, however, is really good! Dare I say that she's more in time with the music than Sasha in some places? Len thought the dance was strong. Derek finds that her dances are so strong that attention to detail becomes paramount. Bruno thought there was a slight misstep in the choreography but the rest of the dance was fantastic. Carrie Ann thought the dance was mesmerizing and a good closer to the night.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. It's cute to see Amanda gush about the whole experience.

-

The leaderboard looks really interesting. Melora is on top with the first 10 of the season, while Brian and Sharna tail behind in the low 50's. However we also see Cody and Kenya in the 50's as well... will there be a shock elimination tonight?

Results Time!

Double elimination so there's a bottom 3.

Safe this week are:
Cody & Cheryl!
Melora & Artem!
Iman & Daniella!
The Miz & Witney!
Suni & Sasha!

Also safe this week are:
Jimmie & Emma!
Amanda & Alan!
Jojo & Jenna!
Olivia & Val!

And the last couple safe this week is... Mel C & Gleb!

In the bottom 3: Kenya & Brandon, Matt & Lindsay, Brian & Sharna.

Eliminated:
At the very bottom... Brian & Sharna! As expected. Thank goodness we don't get to see more romance packages.

Bruno votes to save... Matt & Lindsay!
Derek votes to save... Kenya & Brandon!
Carrie Ann votes to save... Matt & Lindsay! It's now down to Len. Will he split the vote and send it to head judge's choice? Or will he conform to the majority this time?
Len votes to save...

Kenya & Brandon!

This means, due to Len's deciding vote, the couple saved by the judges is... Kenya & Brandon! THANK GOD!

Which means the one eliminated is... Matt & Lindsay! And with that we have finally gotten rid of the worst dancers this season. Now the competition really begins.

Weird to see that they're pretty much neck in neck this week in scores and had Kenya scored higher tonight it would have tipped Bruno & Carrie Ann in her favor. Thank God for Derek, he always seems to have sense this season.

Next Week: Tyra reveals that the theme for next week is... Grease??? There is only so much you can do with such a concept. Either way I can't wait to hand jive next week. Tell me about it... stud.

Dance Ranking:
9 | 1.) Suni & Sasha
9 | 2.) Melora & Artem
9 | 3.) Amanda & Alan
9 | 4.) Jojo & Jenna
8 | 5.) The Miz & Witney
8 | 6.) Olivia & Val
8 | 7.) Mel C & Gleb
8 | 8.) Iman & Daniella
8 | 9.) Kenya & Brandon
8 | 10.) Jimmie & Emma
7 | 11.) Cody & Cheryl
6 | 12.) Matt & Lindsay
6 | 13.) Brian & Sharna

Suni on top for me for the first time! Also Artem is KILLING IT with the choreography this season, hope he keeps up this momentum for Melora!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 19th October 2021, 05:08 AM
Post #15
Group icon

Watch all Grease Night dances here!

This night is automatic... it's systo-matic... it's hydro-matic... why, it's Grease Night on Dancing With The Stars! Tonight, Grease is the word... literally! The night opens with a huge opening number to Grease Is The Word, and we even get a huge cameo from the one and only Olivia Newton-John! Now, it's time to get into the dances. Let's get physical!

...wait hang on. Wrong song.

-

Olivia & Val: Last summer, Sandy and Danny had a small summer hookup, but now it's a new school year. Olivia and Val kick off the night with the first musical number of the show. Olivia talks about how she grew up watching Grease with her sister despite them being in a Catholic school most of their lives.

We get a good split screen illusion of the pair singing as Sandy and Danny before we get to the dancing, which was cute. The dance is simple yet effective, and Olivia captures Sandy's innocence well. I spied a small bit where Val does a lunge and checks his balance, but otherwise a nice clean performance. Len thought it was fun and entertaining and praised Val's choreography. Derek commends her frame and commitment to character. Bruno agrees that Olivia portrayed the character correctly. Carrie Ann thought she was great technically.

Also, how has Tyra not seen Grease until very recently???

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Amazing scores from them!

-

Melora & Artem: "LoOoOk at mEeEeEE I'm SaAaAnDrAaA DeEeEeE" rotf.gif that song never ceases to humor me. It's great to see Melora having fun with Artem.

Melora's got the character DOWN. It's equal parts innocent and condescending. She's also really gliding across that floor! It's such a fun and extra performance. Derek commended her theatricality and how faithful she was to the musical, but warns her to not get too congested in her frame. Bruno thought there were nuances in the dance that added to the character. Carrie Ann praised her improvisation and risk taking. Len praised their connection and technique.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Melora calls Rizzo ballsy and was glad that she got to channel that in her dance.

-

Iman & Daniella: Iman talks about how he relates to the song they're dancing to, and he reveals that he and his wife, Teyana Taylor, got matching leather jackets for a photoshoot together.

Daniella is such a professional, I'm loving her more and more as she progresses through her seasons. I love how much they're fighting the height difference and making sure Iman has the right frame for such a dance. Bruno thought there was a lot of passion and love in the dance but warns him about dancing down in hold. Carrie Ann sympathizes with the height difference and thought that the dance probably wasn't made for them, but she praises their chemistry. Len thought the dance was gentle and commends his effort despite the technical issues. Derek also notices his effort and vibe; he's straight up infected by his joy.

Iman is just loving life right now, I can't help but smile when he's there.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 | 7 = 28/40. I hate to say it, but with the competition getting fiercer, this could lead him into the zone where he becomes a shock elimination. I'm worried.

-

The Miz & Witney: This is the PERFECT song for The Miz. He's SUPER EXTRA, which fits the vibe for this song. He talks about how he met his wife during a WWE audition and pays tribute to her with this song.

OMG he really does look like John Travolta with this look! He's got so much energy and I just want to get up and dance with him, he has just that much stage presence. Carrie Ann thought he matched the energy but rushed a couple times in the performance. Len saw some timing issues but loved the performance. Derek knows what he's getting into performance wise, but also notes the timing issues. Yeah, when you're doing a dance like this it's really hard to tame a beast like The Miz.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. Seeing Mike gush over his wife is so heartwarming.

-

Amanda & Alan: Amanda considers Grease to be the "ultimate musical" and is really excited to play Frenchie for this dance! It's nice to see her get a call from Didi Cohn, who played Frenchie in the original movie, AND we even get Frankie Avalon singing for their performance! Lmao she's literally production's pet.

I'm loving the ambiance this dance gives! Lmao at the leg hold turn! She really dances effortlessly. Len thought the dance was fantastic and then goes on to praise Frankie, who was one of his teenage heroes. Derek wanted a little bit more but thought the dance was exquisite and her extensions were impressive. Bruno praised her dance for being dreamy. Carrie Ann thought the dance had it all - technique, musicality, theatricality, and passion.

Scores: 10 | 10 | 9 | 10 = 39/40. GEEZ, that's a pretty high score, but I can't help but agree with Derek on this one? I thought the dance was fantastic but wasn't jumping out of my seat screaming "GIVE THEM THE 10 GIVE THEM THE 10!!!"

-

Suni & Sasha: After seeing the dance and song combination, I just know EXACTLY was going to happen. She talks about being homeschooled and not having a typical high school experience thanks to her gymnastics career, and Sasha gets her to really open up and get crazy for this dance.

They're doing all of the dances from the movie! This is really setting off my nostalgia. She's very prim and proper, and she's giving so much energy and technique, but I still feel like she's holding back. Derek was confused by all of the chaos but enjoyed the dance. Bruno thought they threw everything and the iamspamspamamisink into this dance. Carrie Ann thought they did great but wants her to be more wild in her dances. Len compliments the quality of the content.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Suni thought it was great to play someone like Cha Cha considering how introverted she is.

-

Jimmie & Emma: I honestly don't remember this song. laugh.gif Also congratulations to Jimmie for the birth of his daughter! cheer.gif

Jimmie is really growing into his own! Honestly I think he's doing great with emoting the choreography and channeling his inner Danny and it's Emma getting carried away and pushing out more energy. Bruno noticed Jimmie slipping and thought it was the floor confetti/Sasha's whipped cream prop. Carrie Ann wants him to push for it more because the competition is getting fiercer. Len praises his flair but thought that he lost his hold along the way. Derek commended the pair for their clear and concise storytelling throughout the dance. The judges also congratulate him for his daughter.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 34/40. The judges are brimming with happiness.

-

Kenya & Brandon: After being graciously saved by Len and Derek (THANK GOD!), they're dancing to another iconic Rizzo song. She was adopted by her grandmother after being the product of a young pregnancy, and she credits her grandmother with introducing her love to dance.

She really looks the part! We're finally seeing the Week 1 Kenya back! There were a lot of fast and slow movements and the variety really added to the dance. Carrie Ann thought that this was a good comeback from her. Len thought the rumba had so much going for it and it lived up to the expectations. Derek thought she was technically precise and that she redeemed herself. Bruno thought there was a lot of focus in the dance and it was the icing on the cake.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. What an amazing dance. I was predicting her to go home this morning but honestly even if she did go, I'm glad she went on a high.

-

Jojo & Jenna: So she's dancing to the song at the end of the race. She also gets a call from Didi, since this scene has a pivotal appearance from Frenchie. It's nice to see them have such a sisterly bond.

I hope Abby is seeing this and eating a whole bunch of crow; she can do a good lyrical number! This foxtrot is amazing! I know she's always been critiqued for her technique but she's been SPOT ON throughout this season, and this dance was no exception. Len gave her a standing ovation. Derek loved the pairing and thought the dance had a ton of elements that were moments. Bruno thought their chemistry played great into their dance and Jojo's musicality was on point. Carrie Ann called the dance perfection.

I'm feeling good about this one you guys...

Scores: 10 | 10 | 10 | 10 = 40/40. LET'S GO. I've been predicting her to win since Day 1 and this only solidifies it.

-

Mel C & Gleb: "Tell me about it, stud" ICONIC. Olivia Newton-John tells the audience that this dance is perfect for Melanie. Gleb thinks that Mel has been second guessing herself throughout the season and they end up having a heart to heart. Gleb gives her an emotional pep talk and tries to cheer her up.

Mel with the teased hair is fantastic. She is the moment. The dance is another solid one but I'm still feeling a bit of hesitation? Also the song is performed much too slow to the dance. Derek thought the performance was exquisite. Bruno pointed out that her legs were the focus when doing a quickstep in pants and thought she was great despite the slip. Carrie Ann thought she picked up her confidence as the dance went on. Len kept it short - her best dance of the night.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. She feels like she's been humbled here.

-

Cody & Cheryl: Closing off the show with such a high-octane energy song like "We Go Together"! Interesting he did Grease in his high school production; he was a great dancer but can't sing. Hilarious.

Why are all of these songs performed so slowly? Cody had the right energy but his posture seems off at times, especially when he's transitioning out of hold. Bruno wants him to push more. Carrie Ann thought they did well endurance-wise especially after getting COVID. Len and Derek also compliment their dance.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. Idk about these scores.

-

Can we just talk about how the producers are showing different Grease productions? It adds to the experience. Also if I were one of the men I'd be worried.

Results Time!

Safe this week are:
Kenya & Brandon! YES!
Jimmie & Emma!
Melora & Artem!
Cody & Cheryl!
Suni & Sasha!
Jojo & Jenna!
The Miz & Witney!
Amanda & Alan!

And the last couple safe this week is... Iman & Daniella! WHOA. They managed to be saved despite the remaining two getting a score of 36.

In the bottom 2: Mel C & Gleb, Olivia & Val

Derek votes to save... Olivia & Val!
Carrie Ann votes to save... Mel C & Gleb
Bruno votes to save... Mel C & Gleb! Once again relying on Len's vote!
Len votes to save...

Olivia & Val!

This means, due to Len's deciding vote, the couple saved by the judges is... Olivia & Val!

Eliminated: Mel C & Gleb! As I've said, this competition has gotten fiercer so we were due a shock elimination or two. I'm surprised that Iman managed to escape elimination despite being the only contestant in the 20's! The judges really hated that decision, just goes to show that we can rely on America to f*ck up the votes.

Also I am super tired of Tyra being extra and cutting off the judges. Like they need to speak? They're judging the show? Bruh, as a presenter she should know better.

Next Week: Halloween week brings forth a tribute to the horror genre, so this is gonna be a howler of a week.

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Jojo & Jenna
9 | 2.) Amanda & Alan
9 | 3.) Kenya & Brandon
9 | 4.) Suni & Sasha
9 | 5.) Olivia & Val
9 | 6.) Melora & Artem
8 | 7.) Mel C & Gleb
8 | 8.) The Miz & Witney
8 | 9.) Jimmie & Emma
8 | 10.) Cody & Cheryl
8 | 11.) Iman & Daniella

Jojo DESERVED that perfect score!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 26th October 2021, 05:02 AM
Post #16
Group icon

Watch all Halloween Night dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it's Halloween Night it's Dancing With The Stars! We've got a dark dance from Derek and the rest of the dances are tributes to Halloween movies... well most of them. We'll see what I'm talking about later.

-

The Miz & Witney: We opened the box... HE CAME! Mike's got a new challenge this week: to scare Witney this week while dancing a Paso Doble inspired by Hellraiser. We also have a nice family playdate between the two of them. Our first look at her baby boy Leo!

They did indeed come all right. This definitely had the right intensity for the Paso Doble. I was scared because with Witney, the paso can be hit or miss depending on her partner but I feel like this was a nice middle ground. Len leads with a pun; he "nailed it". He wanted better posture and hands but thought it was a good performance. Derek contemplated if the dance needed more shape but thought it was perfect for the character. Bruno thought he channeled the character well and had better control, and he wants Mike to extend his lines. Carrie Ann agrees with Derek - the stiffness added to the character.

I am just GUSHING hearing Witney talk about her new baby heart.gif

Scores: 9 | 8 | 9 | 8 = 34/40. Interesting scores to lead the pack.

-

Kenya & Brandon: Arachnophobia is not a film that I'm familiar with at ALL, I can tell what the plot is just by looking at the title. Correct me if I'm wrong. Kenya mentions "Devil's Night" - in Detroit, she and her friends would light up houses that were broken down. Honestly it sounds like fun. She talks about how living in Detroit has fueled her fighting spirit and Brandon tells her to channel that in her dance.

Another strong dance! It seems a little slow at places however. Derek saw what I saw; a few wobbles here and there but another strong dance. He points out that she has great leg flexibility. Bruno points out that she has the sex appeal and poise correctly but points out that she needs to be less hesitant especially during the lifts. Carrie Ann shouts out that she has a lot of power but she needs to hit her poses with more fluidity. Len thought it was another solid dance from them.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. Melora calls Rizzo ballsy and was glad that she got to channel that in her dance.

-

Jojo & Jenna: HOLY CRAP JOJO'S MAKEUP. Of course Jojo would go above and beyond for this dance. There's a fun little bit with Jojo dressed up EXACTLY like Jenna. Honestly I think it's hilarious. Also nice to see Jessalyn again, I really missed her wit.

It's another nice dance but as an avid fan of Dance Moms, when you put her next to Jenna all the technical issues come into light, and her turns weren't as good as I expected. But the side aerial and the feel of her dance was fantastic, and her chemistry with Jenna is undeniable. Bruno loved the versatility of styles in the dance. Carrie Ann loved that there was always something extra to the dance. Len loved how the dance reminded him of the book. Derek's terrified of clowns but her dance made up for it.

Scores: 10 | 10 | 10 | 10 = 40/40. Tyra mentions that Jojo is terrifying in the dance and the costume, and Jojo tells her that she's doing her job right.

-

Cody & Cheryl: I freaking LOVE that he's dancing to Kim Petras; she's freaking amazing. Interesting that they're doing American Psycho; it strikes me as a psychological thriller more than horror. It's so sweet how much he gushes about his boyfriend. It's pretty late in the game for a cha cha, so maybe the judges have high expectations?

His musicality is improving! I still find technical issues here and there and he did slip a few times, but I liked it. Carrie Ann thought that the slide into Cheryl led to them gaining momentum throughout the dance. Len thought that he showed his potential in the dance. Derek thought it was his best dance and that he worked on details a lot. Bruno thought he murdered the dance floor.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Seeing Mike gush over his wife is so heartwarming.

-

Jimmie & Emma: A Quiet Place seems like a weird motif for a dance but okay. Jimmie talks about how much he wanted to provide for his family even before his music career took off. Emma makes the bold decision to incorporate ASL into the dance.

Okay, Emma's contemporary dances are pretty amazing. It's just refreshing to see Jimmie continue to impress and do a lot of tricks we haven't seen him do. That last part where he signed to Emma and then sacrificed himself was so gut wrenching. Len shushes everyone but then says that he loved it. He praises Jimmie for keeping his musicality despite the song changes. Derek commends the pair's ability to provide a lot of emotion into the dance. Bruno thought that he played the character well. Carrie Ann thought he understood the assignment and thanked him for his art.

Scores: 10 | 9 | 10 | 9 = 38/40. Jimmie might actually be a dark horse contender after this!

-

Olivia & Val: The Purge is also another weird motif but my family seems to love the movies. Personally, she's got the good dances but last week her infamy caught up to her. Val has turned up the coaching for this one.

Now commencing the Paso Doble. Honestly Val strikes gold with the Paso and this dance is no exception. Her control and extensions are really good! Derek thought that she kept up with the difficulty with the routine. Bruno thought that her character was on point but she needs to work on her shoulders. Carrie Ann talks about how she makes everything effortless and that she held her own with Val. I agree that she kept her center during this dance. Len compared the dance to her coming back to life.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Surprised Carrie Ann didn't call out the lift.

-

Melora & Artem: I'm glad that she's doing a jive because I've been missing the jovial dances. Melora is... a legacy. Apparently her dad was in Cujo! She's happy that she still has both of her parents even with her age.

I can't help but think that this is a huge downgrade from the last couple weeks. Like it needed a lot more flicks and kicks. Bruno thought that there was a lot of character building and the pair played off of each other well. Carrie Ann thought it was a nice performance but she wanted to push herself and they played it safe. Len thought there was a lot of content and whatever content there was fantastic. Derek agrees that she needs to push herself more. Normally I don't agree with Carrie Ann but she's on the money with this one.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 8 | 9 = 34/40. It's getting pretty crowded in the midtable, it could come down to fanbase when it comes to the live voting.

-

Iman & Daniella: Iman is more simple when it comes to Halloween - he'd rather wear a mask and scare the children. The two of them have a bit of a heart to heart and they love the chemistry they have together. Iman thinks it's refreshing that she's honest and leans more into positive reinforcement.

Their facial expressions are ON POINT. Also Daniella has BALLS. Holy frick that dance was immaculate, they did THAT! There's really good lifts, lots of staccato and fast/slow moments, and tons of character. Carrie Ann thought the dance was genius and it was sheer perfection. Len thought the dance was fantastic. Derek howls with excitement and predicts that the dance has a lot of replay factor. Bruno called the dance a masterpiece.

Scores: 10 | 10 | 10 | 10 = 40/40. This might be one of the best dances in DWTS history. PERIODT.

-

Suni & Sasha: Watching them do a Vampire Diaries dance makes me want someone from the TVD universe to end up on the show! Suni's first job is to... scare Sasha. Suni explains that TVD reminds her of Sasha because of the familial love they have for each other.

That makeup... Sasha really said "I'm on my way to murder Elena" tongue.gif Suni kept her fluidity throughout the dance! Len thought the footwork was a bit hit or miss but everything else was fantastic. Derek thought the frame was fantastic but felt a bit of a disconnect. Bruno felt that she was improving a lot. Carrie Ann spotted her foot coming off the ground (she puts this off to torque) but thought the dance was also fantastic.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. She got a video message from Nina Dobrev! Jealous!

-

Amanda & Alan: ...why? Some of these dance concepts were not... it. Amanda feels ready to usher in a new age this Halloween. Alan teases us by saying that this is the hardest piece he's choreographed and he's a lot harder on Amanda. Meanwhile she's a bit misty in the head and starts to second guess herself. It's gonna be pretty interesting.

This dance is so intricate and there's a lot of things to try to focus on, Alan wasn't kidding when he said that this was a difficult dance. There's a lot of footwork, tricky timing and weird lifts. Derek loved that she's been challenging herself and she pulled off the dance. Bruno thought the dance was super sharp and it felt true to an Argentine tango. Carrie Ann thinks that the choreography had too much tension. Len thought it was too sharp and didn't feel like an Argentine tango.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 10 | 10 = 38/40. Idk about these scores.

-

Results Time!

I'm worried that Kenya won't make it this time around.

Safe this week are:
Iman & Daniella! After that dance, I'm not surprised.
Olivia & Val!
Jojo & Jenna!
Cody & Cheryl!
The Miz & Witney!
Amanda & Alan!
Jimmie & Emma!

And the last couple safe this week is... Melora & Artem!

In the bottom 2: Kenya & Brandon, Suni & Sasha

Carrie Ann votes to save... Suni & Sasha!
Derek votes to save... Suni & Sasha!
Bruno votes to save... Suni & Sasha!

Eliminated: Kenya & Brandon. Yeah after being at the bottom of the leaderboard tonight I expected this. It was heartwarming to see the crowd cheering her on.

Next Week: The remaining dancers will be dancing to the biggest hits from the iconic band Queen. It's a way to promote their upcoming live event the Queen Family Event!

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Iman & Daniella
10 | 2.) Jimmie & Emma
9 | 3.) Suni & Sasha
9 | 4.) Olivia & Val
9 | 5.) Jojo & Jenna
9 | 6.) Amanda & Alan
8 | 7.) The Miz & Witney
8 | 8.) Kenya & Brandon
8 | 9.) Cody & Cheryl
8 | 10.) Melora & Artem

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 26th October 2021, 07:52 AM
Post #17
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

keep pulling through miz cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 2nd November 2021, 05:20 AM
Post #18
Group icon

Watch all Halloween Night dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it's "A Tribute to Queen" Night it's Dancing With The Stars! Following a frantic opening dance to Bohemian Rhapsody, all the dancers will be paying tribute to the legendary band Queen as a promo to the family night tribute coming later to ABC. How many times will I agree with Derek tonight? Let's find out.

-

Amanda & Alan: Pretty sure every DWTS/Strictly fan has heard Don't Stop Me Now. Amanda plugs in her fitness ventures as a way to help her get into the stamina and energy of this jive.

OMG @ Alan's jump to the splits! This dance had precision and theatricality - absolutely LOVE it. I dare say that this is Alan's best jive yet. Len decides to nitpick and call out Amanda's feet, and he wants the group to find more rhythm. Meh. The rest of the judges seem to love it and Bruno leaps onto the desk. Derek thought the opening was beautiful. Carrie Ann thought the dance itself was energetic, but she agrees with the judges that she needs to push herself more and find more of a spark to wow the judges.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 9 = 33/40. Thinking about the critiques... she's kinda boring. She needs another arc to help her get through the mid game bc her talent can only get her so far.

-

Olivia & Val: Olivia tells no lies - Queen's discography is TOP NOTCH. At this point the competition is starting to get to her especially considering that the judges expect more from her now that she's getting better scores.

...idk this isn't a fitting song for a quickstep. I think Olivia did the best with what she was given. She's quick on her feet and it fits the style. I just don't think it fit the song. Derek praises her for being genuine and for keeping up with the challenging routine. Bruno thinks that she's a quickstep machine. Carrie Ann commends her for using the floor with her feet. I agree with Carrie Ann - the themes are top notch. Len thought the dance was very balanced and controlled but he needs the pair to give more body contact with the quickstep.

Scores: 10 | 8 | 10 | 10 = 38/40. Lmao Len never change.

-

Iman & Daniella: Last week's dance was the BIG MOMENT of the season, possibly the series overall. How they top it off is beyond me. Iman's mom is a DWTS superfan and he thanks her for raising him to be the man that he is.

It feels like every time they're off hold they kill it and there's a moment, but when they're in hold there's a bit of a disconnect. Bruno commends him for being more natural off of frame, then advises him to dance more outward when in frame. Carrie Ann compares his dancing to tai chi because of its spirituality, but agrees with Bruno that his frame needs to improve. Len thinks his personality lights up the dance floor but this dance wasn't made for him. Derek agrees with the judges that the technical elements need work.

Scores: 9 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. Iman shouts out his mommy and thanks her for what she does.

-

Jimmie & Emma: Jimmie cites Freddie Mercury as one of his inspirations when it comes to stage presence and showmanship. However, his schedule is extremely hectic with him being a rising country star and headlining his own tour. Emma would sometimes travel with him to rehearse. She commends his work ethic despite the crazy schedule, and Jimmie responds by showing his love for the show.

First time I heard Somebody To Love? Happy Feet. This dance was just made for Jimmie. You can tell that the two are trying to match Freddie's theatricality and that worked out well for him. Carrie Ann praises him for improving his lines and interpretation of the music. Len commends his growth throughout the competition and thinks he finished strong. Derek thought that the charisma made up for the lack of flow in the Viennese Waltz. Bruno commends him for leading Emma well.

Of course Tyra pulls the H2T thing here blink.gif

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. Seeing Mike gush over his wife is so heartwarming.

-

Jimmie & Emma: A Quiet Place seems like a weird motif for a dance but okay. Jimmie talks about how much he wanted to provide for his family even before his music career took off. Emma makes the bold decision to incorporate ASL into the dance.

Okay, Emma's contemporary dances are pretty amazing. It's just refreshing to see Jimmie continue to impress and do a lot of tricks we haven't seen him do. That last part where he signed to Emma and then sacrificed himself was so gut wrenching. Len shushes everyone but then says that he loved it. He praises Jimmie for keeping his musicality despite the song changes. Derek commends the pair's ability to provide a lot of emotion into the dance. Bruno thought that he played the character well. Carrie Ann thought he understood the assignment and thanked him for his art.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 10 | 10 = 38/40. Still a dark horse contender right now!

-

The Miz & Witney: Everyone's a huge Queen fan lmao. Mike takes this opportunity to introduce Witney to his dad as a way to provide some more criticism.

I liked how the first half of the routine is very strong and serious but when it comes to the chorus it becomes more jovial and more true to Mike's style. He's also improved his frame a LOT. Len thinks that his frame improved but that he was STIFF from the neck up. Derek agrees, but commends him for his style. Bruno thinks he needs more fluidity but thinks that he was relaxed more during the second half. Carrie Ann sees the tension in his face and urges him to have more fun.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 32/40. Meh I thought he was better than those scores but the judges are right - there's still some parts that feel very stiff so he needs to find the balance between gangly and rigid because he has everything down.

-

Jojo & Jenna: Jojo also cites Freddie as an inspiration due to his full send attitude, which inspired Jojo to sing live throughout her tour. Jenna wants her to channel her sexier side with this dance and to show that she's not just another child star.

Firs time I've seen Jojo's hair in a ponytail for a performance in a LONG time *.* I think Jojo's leading her well but I also love that they switch off between who's leading throughout the whole dance. I also never knew how hard the song is to dance to. Derek loved the avant-garde nature of the tango and called it art. Bruno compares them to Cara and Gigi - the dance is sexy and cool. Carrie Ann commends her for growing throughout the routine. Len needed more slower promenades but thought the dance was beautiful.

Scores: 10 | 9 | 10 | 10 = 39/40. Jojo states that anything is possible with the power of Jenna and Freddie Mercury.

-

Oh, Tyra changed outfits again.

-

Suni & Sasha: Suni thinks that she doubts herself a lot so then releasing her inhibitions will help her. She FaceTimes her coach and he tells her to treat this like a competition and that she needs to commit to the dance. This time Suni's on FIRE. I think it might be getting to Sasha a bit lmao.

I am seeing less inhibitions and seeing her feel the music more! I'm so proud of her! She pulled through a sickness as well! Bruno thought the dance was great but there was a small slip. Carrie Ann considers her a champion already and says that she's proud of her. Len thought that she was hesitant but understood that she wasn't 100% throughout the dance. Derek could only echo the judges so much.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 | 9 = 33/40. Ayyyy I agree with Bruno. She might not have been 100% but she danced like she was. A real trooper.

-

Cody & Cheryl: He dedicates this song to his late friend who died a while back due to addiction and he feels guilty that he didn't do enough. Cheryl offers him some comforting words and also states her struggles with alcohol addiction.

After hearing the first few seconds I start to remember this song. It's a mixed bag, some parts were good but other parts he starts to get overexcited and his technique suffers thanks to it. Carrie Ann thinks that he's doing very well and that the best way to go through reliving his grief is to channel that into his dance. Len thought the dance wasn't his worst but it wasn't his best. Derek commends him for improving his frame. Bruno thought the dance fit him and that he showed his true self.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 9 | 9 = 34/40. I see he's now midtable rather than at the bottom this time.

-

Melora & Artem: She brings up her time on The Bold Type as a way to help channel her energy for Queen, and her co-stars visit her during rehearsals at one point. Then they state that they're coming to see her perform.

Theatricality on point as usual. You can feel that she's channeling her inner Freddie Mercury throughout the dance. However, I kinda thought that she lost energy as she went through the dance. Len thought the dance had sophistication and it was very polished. Derek thought that the dance, costume and ambiance just fit well tonight - all the pieces fit at the right time. Bruno calls her the queen of the dance floor. Carrie Ann thought that Melora pushed herself with her intensity but noticed that she lost her balance at one point and she fizzled out.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 = 36/40. The judges absolutely love her.

-

Relay Dance: Jive
Len hosts the Jive draw, and it's all males! The Miz & Witney starts off the relay, followed by Iman & Daniella, and Cody & Cheryl. All of them have been in the bottom and are for the most part the lowest scoring pairs of the season.

I remember The Miz struggling with the jive but I think he started to pull through during the second half. I was impressed with how well Iman did the jive - he really improved since week 1! Cody's was okay but he did lose balance a lot during the dance.

Len thought that each couple brought out their personalities. Derek thought Cody's technique did better. Bruno loved the dances. Carrie Ann thinks that two of them had issues but one pair stood out.

Bonus Points:
Carrie Ann votes for... Iman & Daniella
Len votes for... Cody & Cheryl
Derek votes for... Iman & Daniella
Bruno votes for... Cody & Cheryl

Iman & Daniella: +2 points
Cody & Cheryl: +2 points

Surprised The Miz got blanked during that!

-

Relay Dance: Foxtrot
Under Pressure is the song and Jojo, Olivia and Jimmie will be playing for bonus points. Olivia's been in the bottom so she thinks there's pressure on her, while Jimmie feels the pressure

Jojo's fantastic as always. I love that Val's putting in more effort with the content and showcasing Olivia's personality. Jimmie's choreography had a lot of fast and slow movements which really impressed me. Derek thought Jojo had a lot of content, and Olivia and Jimmie were both good. Bruno thought the pairs raised the bar so high. Carrie Ann thinks they've all grown, and then commends Jojo for correcting her timing. Len thought that the pairs dealt with the pressure well.

Bonus Points:
Carrie Ann votes for... Olivia & Val
Len votes for... Olivia & Val
Derek votes for... Olivia & Val
Bruno votes for... Olivia & Val

Olivia & Val: +4 points

-

Relay Dance: Viennese Waltz
Tyra really leaving us in suspense with whether or not Suni is feeling well enough to do her relay. She will be battling against Melora and Amanda. Amanda will go first followed by Suni, and Melora will close the show. They seem very eager to dance.

First up is Amanda and it's polished as always. There's Suni! She pulls through like a true competitor and gave her all. Melora also gives her all. The one thing that I admire about Artem is that he's always pulling through with the content. Bruno thought the dances had a lot of class and connection. Carrie Ann leaps onto the table with excitement. Len thought that the relay was a good way to gauge their progress. Derek gives props to Suni for pulling through with an illness.

Bonus Points:
Carrie Ann votes for... Suni & Sasha
Len votes for... Melora & Artem
Derek votes for... Amanda & Alan
Bruno votes for... Melora & Artem

Suni & Sasha: +1 point
Melora & Artem: +2 points
Amanda & Alan: +1 point

Everyone getting points!

-

Results Time!

Going in to the vote, Olivia and Val are on the top of the leaderboard!

Safe this week are:
Suni & Sasha! In your face, Tyra!
Olivia & Val!
Cody & Cheryl!
Iman & Daniella!
Melora & Artem!
Jimmie & Emma!

And the last couple safe this week is... Amanda & Alan!

In the bottom 2: Jojo & Jenna, The Miz & Witney

I was scared for The Miz after his score. Surprised Jojo is in the bottom though!

Bruno votes to save... Jojo & Jenna!
Carrie Ann votes to save... Jojo & Jenna!
Derek votes to save... Jojo & Jenna!

Eliminated: The Miz & Witney. There was NO WAY that the judges wouldn't kick out Jojo. He was screwed from the get go for the judge's save. How tf Jojo was in the bottom 2 is beyond me. Mike did fantastic though and it's really a tribute to how talented this crop of contestants is.

Next Week: From one artist tribute to another, the remaining pairs are dancing to the hits of Janet Jackson! Also how much more extra can Tyra get? Stay tuned next week!

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Jimmie & Emma
9 | 2.) Jojo & Jenna
9 | 3.) Suni & Sasha
9 | 4.) Olivia & Val
9 | 5.) Melora & Artem
8 | 6.) Cody & Cheryl
8 | 7.) Amanda & Alan
8 | 8.) Iman & Daniella
8 | 9.) The Miz & Witney

Relay Ranking:
3 | 1.) Jimmie & Emma
2 | 2.) Jojo & Jenna
1 | 3.) Olivia & Val

3 | 1.) Suni & Sasha
2 | 2.) Amanda & Alan
1 | 3.) Melora & Artem

3 | 1.) Iman & Daniella
2 | 2.) The Miz & Witney
1 | 3.) Cody & Cheryl

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 2nd November 2021, 05:59 AM
Post #19
Group icon

also bruh they need to get rid of Tyra. She did Suni DIRTY tonight and I can see the judges are scared and tired of her cutting them off when giving critiques. Just get Jordan Fisher to host

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th November 2021, 09:46 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Late but I came across Iman & Daniella's Halloween dance on YouTube and it was mesmerising wub.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:11 PM