BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 8 Out of 10 Cats, returning with new team captains
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 12th October 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

8 Out of 10 Cats will be returning very soon with Jimmy Carr remaining as the host. However, there will be a change in terms of team captains as Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea replacing Sean Lock and Jon Richardson. The new episodes will air on More 4 rather than Channel 4.

8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown has also been renewed for 18 new episodes where Sean and Jon will remain as team captains. This is currently airing at 9pm on Saturdays still on Channel 4.

-x-

I was surprised to hear about the change in captains for the normal version of 8 Out of 10 Cats, especially as Sean Lock is one of my favourite ever comedians, but I'm even more surprised that's its being moved to More 4! There seems to be a bit of an entertainment shake-up at Channel 4 what with Alan Carr: Chatty Man sadly ending. I'm not particularly bothered about ...Does Countdown either so it's not as though I'll be watching Sean on there either.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
richie
post 14th October 2016, 07:23 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

I don't know why they don't just change the name of the ...does Countdown show to something else as the title sounds really odd. Especially since they seem to be phasing out the original show. That said, Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea are both upcoming and both pretty funny.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 14th October 2016, 11:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

I like 8 Cats the original but love the Countdown version much more - the other covers ground that Mock The week does better, and dates quickly, Countdown is timeless, it's funny because it's funny and will remain funny in 30 years. In other words it'll still be repeated where the others won't.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 19th October 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The countdown one is fab. I'm glad its been renewed again so I have another shot at getting tickets to go see it filmed! Went to normal countdown a couple of weeks ago and it was great fun

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:17 PM