BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Living and the Dead, new to tuesday nights on bbc 1..
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Jun 28 2016, 07:22 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
gotta admit.. this sounds interesting, and might end up watching this.

Supernatural drama series set in Victorian England. When the death of his mother brings Nathan Appleby and his vivacious young wife Charlotte back to the
family estate, they must turn the farm's fortunes around or risk ruin. Though the farm demands his attention, pioneering doctor Nathan finds himself unable
to turn away a vulnerable girl, who is brought to him after seemingly becoming possessed by a terrifying spirit. Though the case is disturbing, Nathan
believes there is always a rational or scientific explanation to be found for life's mysteries, and sets about using every psychological technique he has
to find a way to cure her. But what if Nathan is wrong? What if this is not an illness of the mind? Could the girl actually be haunted?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jun 28 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I watched the first one on the weekend and thought it was decent enough. Will be interesting to see where this goes!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jun 28 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
I'm always excited when there's a TV horror series and this one looks especially spooky going off the first episode! Although I hope the ending of the first episode isn't alluding to a situation similar to The Others. Thought the two leads in Colin and Charlotte were excellent though!

I didn't realise the full series had already been put on iPlayer!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jun 28 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Really looking forward to starting this! Colin Morgan is lush wub.gif

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Jun 29 2016, 07:30 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
QUOTE(Froot. @ Jun 28 2016, 11:18 PM) *
I'm always excited when there's a TV horror series and this one looks especially spooky going off the first episode! Although I hope the ending of the first episode isn't alluding to a situation similar to The Others. Thought the two leads in Colin and Charlotte were excellent though!

I didn't realise the full series had already been put on iPlayer!

wow cool, guess what i'll be doing the next few days..

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jun 29 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I watched the first episode last night I found it really good, I've always been intrigued with ghost/supernatural stories and the setting of the series, costumes and machinery of the time period is just amazing of how people lived in that era. Might watch an episode a night since the whole series is on iPlayer. Also its nice to see Colin Morgan (Merlin) back on TV in another series, he is such a talented actor, and the two leads are just perfect you can see the chemistry between them.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jun 29 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I Drink Wine
I'm trying to not to rush into watching this since there's not much on TV atm sad.gif I hate the Summer lull!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jul 5 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon
This is really good, seen the whole series, it does throw a few curve balls towards the last 2 episodes and odd in places stick with it, if anyone is watching it at a slow pace. The last episode is just awesome with a great ending it just leaves you wanting more.

One thing I do like throughout this series, is the music, its so haunting and celtic.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jul 5 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I watched the first episode, it was okay. Can someone explain to me what happened at the end of the first episode though? I think I understood it, but I was only paying half attention.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jul 5 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 5 2016, 09:12 PM) *
I watched the first episode, it was okay. Can someone explain to me what happened at the end of the first episode though? I think I understood it, but I was only paying half attention.

You just catch a glimpse of a girl, but if you blink you might just miss her. Without giving too much away

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jul 10 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I Drink Wine
I found myself getting a little bored with this and I'm not really in any hurry to watch unless there's nothing on / nothing to do.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jul 23 2016, 10:00 AM
Post #12
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Yeh, I'm still watching every Tuesday night but it just seems to be in the background. I'm not as interested in it as I thought I would be but hopefully it steps up next week with the modern day girl apparently appearing!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:38 PM