BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Gaga reveals family member hospitalised for 2 months, She praises health care workers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Jan 30 2021, 11:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Lady Gaga spoke recently to the American newspaper USA Today, where she talked about her life during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Lady Gaga feels an 'epic sense of powerlessness.' Here's what she's doing about it.

Lady Gaga may be a mighty Mother Monster to her fans, but the coronavirus pandemic has left her feeling less powerful than usual.

The "Chromatica" singer, 34, told USA TODAY she shares what many people feel during this time: "an epic sense of powerlessness over what's happening in the world."

"We've encountered a super virus that is epic in its disastrous proportions," she said. "So that feeling of powerlessness in some ways is, I think, something that we all share."

The pandemic has energized her in other ways, though, adding that it has "really mobilized me to work on how I can help the world."

One way she's taking action is by partnering with the International WELL Building Institute for its WELL Health-Safety Rating, which assess what buildings and businesses have taken steps to reach a certain level of safety amid COVID-19. Spaces that meet the requirements receive a WELL Health-Safety seal that indicates they've passed.

Gaga believes hopes it will be "one of the movements that is part of building back our global community and building back our local communities," by showing people that we "can get back to quote-unquote normalcy, but we must do it safely."

Gaga, who is part of a campaign to bring awareness to the rating alongside other stars including Jennifer Lopez, Michael B. Jordan, Robert DeNiro and Deepak Chopra, said she wanted to get involved because she cares "deeply for the world."

"I really think that this is essential – that we get everybody back to getting their hard-earned jobs back so that they can feed themselves, feed their families (and) continue going on with their lives," she added.

She's also been focused on keeping her mental health in check by staying active.

"It's been really important to me that I continue to move my body. It's really important for my mental health," she said. "So I've been doing, you know, regular exercises that I would normally do. But I mostly take walks, and I mostly hike. I wear my mask, and I go on hikes."

She said she "used to be really nervous about hikes" because of her chronic pain condition, but she's overcome her concerns.

"I found during COVID that... you can grab the courage that's happening in the universe and grab that bravery and put it right inside yourself and be fearless," she explained.

She hopes others stay active, whether through an online yoga class or a "walk around the block you live on," while the world is "in the midst of a mental health crisis."

"I really encourage people to move their bodies and be in the world. Wear masks, stay safe, but don't forget to move. Because when your energy's stagnant like that, it really can lead to mental health problems," she said. "I really believe that by practicing everyday skills... like moving your body, drinking lots of water, eating healthy, making sure to take care of yourself, self-care – these are things that we have to make sure that we're doing to take care of our minds."

Gaga also got outside to perform the national anthem at President Joe Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20, which she described as a "beautiful, joyous day."

"I felt very, very honored to be there, I still feel very honored to have been asked to sing our national anthem, and it will always be an honor for me to sing to the great people of this country," she said. "And I really wanted to sing for everybody. In a moment of healing, of togetherness, and I had very much in my mind also the building of the beloved community, the beloved community that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. dreamed of."

She added that she was "just so taken by" the words of Amanda Gorman, the Harvard grad, National Youth Poet Laureate and youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history that became a breakout star of the inauguration.

"She was just brilliant – What a lovely, lovely young woman," she said of Gorman.

Of her own performance, Gaga added, "I really just want to continue to do work that I believe is essential, which is kindness. Kindness is essential."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/health-w...ion/4291349001/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Adelita
post Jan 31 2021, 01:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234
Neyde.png

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jan 31 2021, 01:24 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(Adelita @ Jan 31 2021, 01:15 AM) *
Neyde.png

Gaga.png

This post has been edited by ElevenSnake: Jan 31 2021, 01:25 AM

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jan 31 2021, 06:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
We love the hiking queen

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post Jan 31 2021, 11:18 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
That WELL-rating thing-y is some kind of paid advertisement thing, isn't it? I saw it on Instagram the other day as well.

Having said that, it's still a cute little interview and just made me realise how much sense it makes to see not much Chromatica promo. We have all been wanting so much more, myself included, but reading this it just seems her head isn't there at the moment which makes total sense during a global pandemic. Added to that, she probably also struggled a lot with having to cancel all the plans they did have in place for this era.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 31 2021, 11:34 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I competely agree.

We have to remember this album came about out of a LOT of pain and misery for her. She poured it into the album and so with everything that has happened over the past year, we have to question whether she wants to revisit that pain each time she promotes one of its songs? Obviously we want more and we want her to enjoy giving us more, but if it's the case that she is not mentally well enough to do it and she DOES feel mentally well enough to promote the other things she is doing then so be it. We need to get over our wants and put her needs first~

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jan 31 2021, 11:18 AM) *
That WELL-rating thing-y is some kind of paid advertisement thing, isn't it? I saw it on Instagram the other day as well.

It's this:

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jan 31 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I think you are spot on there. Considering how off the music biz isin general (tours and award shows postponed), I'm not blaming her for not shoving the album down our throats. It has connected with lots of people but not even the biggest effort could make it much bigger success, so she might as well leave it be.

Her streaming numbers and general presence are amazing at the moment too.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: Jan 31 2021, 01:04 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 31 2021, 01:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Agreed. The album and era will go down as a great success given the circumstances and the appeal has been gigantic! She is in everyone's favour and good books because of her philanthropy and that is more important than 10k more album sales because it puts her in a GREAT position for future releases too!

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Jan 31 2021, 03:17 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yep the hype for her next NEW song will be even bigger now than pre-Chromatica, so overall it's well played.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jan 31 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
QUOTE(Among Haus @ Jan 31 2021, 11:34 AM) *
I competely agree.

We have to remember this album came about out of a LOT of pain and misery for her. She poured it into the album and so with everything that has happened over the past year, we have to question whether she wants to revisit that pain each time she promotes one of its songs? Obviously we want more and we want her to enjoy giving us more, but if it's the case that she is not mentally well enough to do it and she DOES feel mentally well enough to promote the other things she is doing then so be it. We need to get over our wants and put her needs first~
It's this:

You're so lovely. We really, really need more fans like you. The amount of vitriol I've seen thrown in her direction over the past week or so is just absolutely awful. I've been avoiding social media because of it.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Jan 31 2021, 11:17 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
I love that interview! It reflects so well of her character and not promoting Chromatica like we'd expect makes total sense as this is not a normal time and there are bigger things to be pressed about! I'd imagine both the pandemic and the election were hugely important to someone as empathetic as Gaga so I'm sure she'd struggle to put herself and her album campaign ahead of these things! I've noted down that quote about reminding us to take care of ourselves first and all those basic things we know we should be doing to stay healthy as it's so important to remind yourself of that especially now when we are much more vulnerable.

Chromatica has done very well already and has received so much critical and fanbase acclaim that it's already been successful enough with a huge hit single and album tracks that sell themselves.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post Feb 1 2021, 06:31 AM
Post #12
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
Really love what she's said here! Such an inspiration heart.gif It really is important to not let the pandemic just let you roll over and lie at home. It's so sad to see how mental illness has affected so many people as a result. Keeping active and having a healthy daily routine makes such a difference!

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Feb 1 2021, 06:57 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Also, what exactly is the value of spending weeks preparing for couple of small tv appearances just to remind people about the album? Everbody knows her and the people who don't care about her music will only watch gigantic events like Super Bowl and Inauguration etc. What she can do and is doing is finding new ways to have her name out there (the Oreo campaign is very effective as people actually see her name in the store).

I would love to get another video or two, don't get me wrong, but it is not the end of the world if we don't get them, especially during these unstable times.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post Feb 1 2021, 11:47 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234
Are you still trying to convince yourself that you're not upset about the poor promotion of this album? happy.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 1 2021, 12:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
QUOTE(Adelita @ Feb 1 2021, 11:47 AM) *
Are you still trying to convince yourself that you're not upset about the poor promotion of this album? happy.gif

I am very upset about the poor promotion. But I would be MORE upset if Gaga was suffering with mental health anxieties and unable or unwilling to release more music in the future.

I really, really want more promo. But I want Gaga to be happy and healthy more!

Which would you rather have?

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post Feb 1 2021, 12:44 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
And what IS promo anyway? Since August she has done the VMAs, released a music video, had a big commercial campaign with Oreo, partnered with Valentino fragrance and sang at Biden's inauguration.

Who has done bigger events and projects?

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post Feb 1 2021, 03:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
Exactly!! I would have obviously loved to see more performances, videos and other promo appearances but I care a lot more about her (mental) health than some extra promo and what does it really mean? Yes, she would have maybe shifted a few extra copies but promo isn't THAT important anymore, not like it was 10 years ago. Chromatica has been very very successful. With Rain On me she showed us she is still competing with the main pop girls, while at the same time I feel this album has really put her in the legend phase of her career where it doesn't really matter if she has a hit singles or not, like Britney or Beyonce.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 1 2021, 03:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon
^ one MILLION percent.

Also for those toxis fans saying she has been sitting on her arse and is lazy - she has been recording a whole new album with Tony Bennett while consoling him through his Alzheimer's.

Read this and then check again before making the horrid comments: https://twitter.com/joeynolfi/status/135623...7770375/photo/1

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Feb 1 2021, 05:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
QUOTE(Among Haus @ Feb 1 2021, 03:53 PM) *
^ one MILLION percent.

Also for those toxis fans saying she has been sitting on her arse and is lazy - she has been recording a whole new album with Tony Bennett while consoling him through his Alzheimer's.

Read this and then check again before making the horrid comments: https://twitter.com/joeynolfi/status/135623...7770375/photo/1

I hope certain toxic fans feel bad but I suspect a large majority won't.

I know GGD is cluttered with "she's lazy" comments. It's mortifying.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 1 2021, 06:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Toxic fans: Gaga is lazy

Meanwhile Gaga: tours Joanne, films ASIB, records, releases & promotes the soundtrack, attends all the awards that come with it, records Chromatica & releases it, humanitarian work throughout 2020 including raising $127million for Covid-relief charities, raises profile of mental health continuously, offers huge support & exposure to BLM/organisations run by ethnic minorities, continues to build the BTWFoundation, pulls off the 3rd most successful celebrity makeup brand of the year, records with Tony Bennett + supports him through his Alzeimer's, promotes Tudor Watch & Voce Viva products, embarks on a new relationship with her partner, has time to be a daughter, sister, niece, friend to many, looks after her own mental health & physical well-being..

Toxic fans: but she should have performed at #THESHOW!!1

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:33 AM