BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Westlife - Wild Dreams, 26th November 2021
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Hassaan
post 2nd July 2022, 12:02 PM
Post #581
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him
User: 22,168

ABBA Medley. Interesting.

It seems to align with what they said on the Jonathan Ross show last year about Louis Walsh (or whoever manages them) telling them they should stick with the big hits cos that's what people remember.

I am disappointed that they basically haven't been able to tour these two new albums. Yes they've been away for 3 years but it's a shame that there's so many good songs we may never hear live.

Their set-lists have changed before. In 2012 for their Farewell Tour they didn't keep Beautiful World for every date.

This post has been edited by Hassaan: 2nd July 2022, 12:11 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 2nd July 2022, 01:07 PM
Post #582
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,169

Yes I do think this is Walsh's doing but he is wrong. Fans want the change, only general public would want the hits. They could have at least made a shorter Medley which would leave more time for new songs, 9 songs Abba section is just too much. Heck, they could even make a Medley of Westlife album tracks, I am sure fans would be thrilled about that.

+Quote this post
Hassaan
post 2nd July 2022, 02:18 PM
Post #583
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(zeze88 @ Jul 2 2022, 02:07 PM) *
Yes I do think this is Walsh's doing but he is wrong. Fans want the change, only general public would want the hits. They could have at least made a shorter Medley which would leave more time for new songs, 9 songs Abba section is just too much. Heck, they could even make a Medley of Westlife album tracks, I am sure fans would be thrilled about that.
I agree. The fans aren't too happy about that set list and I don't blame them.

Keep the crowd favourites but a 9-song medley is very long - mind you, the Queen one was seven. Also I don't think Westlife fans are too bothered if they never sing Mandy again!

I wanna hear Take Me There, Without You, Another Life, My Hero etc (the songs from Spectrum jumped out at me more than Wild Dreams but there's still some good tracks in there).

This post has been edited by Hassaan: 2nd July 2022, 02:18 PM

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 2nd July 2022, 03:27 PM
Post #584
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Its funny they said they wrote Take Me There having Wembley in mind, they imagined crowd singing with them. Alive is also perfect for live performance, so is The Difference, Hey Whatever, even Turnaround was fun when they did it. They really shouldn't feel like they are chained to their hits, I don't know why they feel like that. Have they forgotten how excited people were when they brought Love Takes Two out of the blue? If they just sing hits, then its just Greatest Hits part 10. If anything, its absurd to name a tour Wild Dreams and then don't even sing that song.

+Quote this post
Hassaan
post 2nd July 2022, 04:56 PM
Post #585
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(zeze88 @ Jul 2 2022, 04:27 PM) *
Its funny they said they wrote Take Me There having Wembley in mind, they imagined crowd singing with them. Alive is also perfect for live performance, so is The Difference, Hey Whatever, even Turnaround was fun when they did it. They really shouldn't feel like they are chained to their hits, I don't know why they feel like that. Have they forgotten how excited people were when they brought Love Takes Two out of the blue? If they just sing hits, then its just Greatest Hits part 10. If anything, its absurd to name a tour Wild Dreams and then don't even sing that song.
I did wonder if things would be different with the label change and everything, that they would at least make the best use of what they actually have as opposed to expecting them to be the Westlife they were in the early 2000s which won't be the case given their age.

That's the annoying part. The songs are there. Why aren't they singing them? Save the old hits for the big televised gigs or something.

Surely they could also pull surprises out of the bag at Wembley too. Bring on Ed Sheeran to duet with them on a few songs, like one of his (Perfect) and one of theirs (Flying Without Wings as Ed has covered that).

EDIT: Also listening to a clip of Hello My Love from last night, it seems they've re-used the same playback track as 2019 based on Kian's vocals. I mean, come on now.

This post has been edited by Hassaan: 2nd July 2022, 05:06 PM

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 2nd July 2022, 05:50 PM
Post #586
Group icon
‘psychedelic pop-infused’? Pull the other one!
User: 67,771

Ed’s in Denmark on the Wembley date

+Quote this post
Sean.
post 3rd July 2022, 08:18 AM
Post #587
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 134,991

Almost like I was right about them not giving a damm about the fans....glad I'm skipping this tour. Bloody ABBA!

+Quote this post
Charis
post 3rd July 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #588
Group icon
Char1s
User: 278

We are all conplaining for the setlist while their latest single releases were barely streamed. They sung live on tv my hero and alone together and didnt even chart. Their starlight video was viewed only a couple of millions, while their older songs are being streamed a lot more 20 years later. All these are being analyzed by the company, they are investing money and energy, it’s part of surviving after all. They sung dynamite as a surprise song in their last tour and it flopped too. It is what is is after all. I didnt like it either but we as fans should be accepting those facts. Also we were blaming them for releasing only 1 music video from their old album releases. In their last album they did four… go and see how successfulll they were (not)

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 3rd July 2022, 11:36 AM
Post #589
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I am sorry but depite all that, this doesn't excuse such a setlist. I don't think comparing the reaction of Dynamite is fair, fans didn't know that song very well. I am sure the reaction now would be completely different. I personally wouldn't mind anything if they simply didn't go on this tour naming it Wild Dreams and then not performing anything except Starlight. If they just cut ABBA medley in half, they could have had some of those songs. I don't mind this Medley through, why not.

This post has been edited by zeze88: 3rd July 2022, 11:41 AM

+Quote this post
Hassaan
post 3rd July 2022, 06:30 PM
Post #590
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

We can't act surprised at songs not charting without being given the appropriate push given their fanbase and the whole streaming stuff. Even if that involves doing more CD singles and releasing songs on a Friday, not a Wednesday!

The albums have charted and sold well but I don't believe the singles can't have done better than they did.

+Quote this post

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 6th June 2024, 07:46 PM