BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> GFSC I // NOMINATIONS, "Signature Sounds"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Oct 31 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I think that'll be a good way to breakdown the final voting round as Competing Song, NF Reject, Wider Discography Song, Wildcard (interval acts etc) will be the perfect way to select our four song quota! Will probably try and get down to 10 for each section, so you'll probably only need a couple of nominations to make it.

Reserving the right to change, my current 5 nominations are:

Love Love Peace Peace
Don't Stop
Constellation Prize
Hear Them Calling
Kilimanjaro

I will keep thinking as I want to diversify language and years if possible.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Nov 1 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #22
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Gonna go for, officially, I'll leave Love Love Peace Peace as I think it's going to make it to our forum's final now (I think any with two nods should if I'm reading this right):

İzel Çeliköz - İki Dakika (representative of Turkey/ethnic songs)
Nightwish - Sleepwalker (representative of Eurovision-esque rock, I can't resist putting this up for consideration, plus it could grab indie votes)
Timoteij - Kom (representative of Melodifestivalen epics/Swedish language, toss up between this and Genom Eld Och Vatten but I think this could get a lot more traction as glorious as Sarek is)
NOX - Forogj, vilag! (takes Eastern European language and Celtic-riverdance whirlwind sounds in one package, only just misses the cutoff point but it was 11 years ago)
Sibel - That Is Where I'll Go (I wanted a good ballad to finish off and this is the best (and also most stereotypically Eurovision, or I'd have gone for something like Cvet z Juga or La Voix, and I'm not sure operatic is exactly signature Eurovision) I can think of)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 1 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I assumed by multiple that it meant that the final would be made up of songs with 2 or more nominations (as obviously including 1s would be unmanageable), but it'd depend on the volume of nominations as to what that multiple ends up being. If you could clarify Lindsey that'd be fab, although I wouldn't imagine we'd get many with 3 nominations or more to render doing 3 or more to the final as a possibility.

Going by nominations in other threads, I don't think we have to be as harsh cheap-wise as I thought we were going to be so I shall be nominating the ultimate (sort of) ethnopop song from south-eastern Europe and that is of course Ivi Adamou's La La Love instead of Kilimanjaro.

NOX is a good shout, very underrated!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Nov 1 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #24
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Yea I think it will be two or more as it's kinda evident already that there's going to be a shit load of single nominations so it's probably going to be rare that anything will get even three laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LexC
post Nov 1 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
Okay so my actual 100% legit nominations at this point are

Sasa Landero - Mandoline (represents the ethno-pop sound very well and that's what people are expecting from us I think)
Total Touch - Somebody Else's Lover (Trijntje Oosterhuis's easier to pronounce girlband from the 90s and this is their biggest/best hit and it's fabulous, plus has tinges of RnB which'll net it some fans from that base)
Timoteij - Kom (with Iz here, and really we need some kind of Scandi/MF representation)
Barbe-Q-Barbies - Let Me Out (strategic outreach to the rock/poprock fans)

Plus one more I'm leaving myself time to edit in.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 1 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I've put everything we have in the first post, I've gone for "Artist Wider Discography" for My Heart Is Refusing Me as while it was an NF reject it was revamped and made a post-Euphoria single of course (and it has less competition in the category I've put it in heehee.gif)

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 1 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #27
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Samir and Viktor - Bada Nadka
Freddie - Poineer

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Nov 3 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
İzel Çeliköz, Reyhan Karaca & Can Uğurluer - Íki Dakika
Kate Ryan - Je t'adore
Svetlana Loboda - Be My Valentine!
Feminnem - Lako je sve
Helena Paparizou - Survivor

'Íki Dakika' is a must for me, been stuck in my head ever since Lex posted it in his thread. 'Je t'adore' is classic europop, Svetlana because *.*, 'Lako je sve' to represent the fantastic genre of Balkan ballads. And then I could've gone forever choosing a Melfest reject, but I think Helena could appeal to a lot on here.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Nov 3 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #29
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Loreen- Everytime
Krista Siegfield- Marry Me
Eric Saade- Forgive Me
Loreen- My Heart Is Refusing Me
Tone Damli ft Eric Saade- Imagine

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 5 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
One more day to nominate! cheer.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:44 AM