BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
48 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - 'Forever', 2000 • 3rd Album
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Equinox8
post 7th September 2023, 01:13 PM
Post #901
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 6 2023, 06:46 PM) *
Was that ever known as a Jimmy and Terry track?

I think it was, but, I can't confirm for sure. All I can find is this: (all the way at the bottom)

This post has been edited by Equinox8: 7th September 2023, 01:14 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th September 2023, 01:22 PM
Post #902
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Thank you! Yeah I remember If Ya Do being mentioned by the girls, but never where it came from and certainly do not know about the Janet Jackson rumour..

It is funny cos it is from around the same time they were doing Girlfriend/Boyfriend with Blackstreet, which Janet then jumped on. This song was also produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, so it all makes sense since we know Emma and Mel C had some sessions with J+T in Autumn 1998!

HHHMMMMMM.... the plot thickens!

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 7th September 2023, 03:57 PM
Post #903
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

Teddy Riley produced Girlfriend/Boyfriend not Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th September 2023, 10:33 PM
Post #904
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sideout @ Sep 7 2023, 04:57 PM) *
Teddy Riley produced Girlfriend/Boyfriend not Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

Ah thanks! I was mistaken teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Piers
post 9th September 2023, 05:30 PM
Post #905
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

On the subject of If Ya Do...

I've heard that song title since the original third album rumors were around. But. I'm still not convinced it's a real song. To me, there are two strikes against it.

1. I'm convinced the fan sites of the time were full of made-up quotes. Did Emma really talk about a song called If Ya Do? Do we have links to legit articles where this was said...or are we having to rely on iffy fan sites at this point?

2. Let's say the Emma quote is real. She really did say she loves a song called If Ya Do. I kinda lean toward Emma's famously bad memory being at play. What if the song she meant to reference was If You Wanna Have Some Fun? Are we to believe that Jam and Lewis did three songs with the Spice Girls and two of them have titles that start with "If Ya/You". It still wouldn't be her worst memory flub...

Because Forever had a last minute scramble to get Wasting My Time and the reworked Right Back At Ya recorded, I'm kinda of the belief that the album was already using everything the American producers had given them.

The one thing I'm 100% convinced of is that if the song exists, Janet Jackson is not on it. If Janet had recorded with the girls in that era, it would have been a huge story...not something relegated to a reference on some obscure fan site. I love Janet Jackson...but her choice in collaborators in that era were usually edgier artists than herself...seemingly helping her along in her musical evolution. I don't think a Spice Girls collab would have made sense for Janet (though I would have loved it). In her solo career interviews (and there is still video of this), Emma says she'd like to someday work with Janet...which would imply there hasn't been a previous working relationship.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 9th September 2023, 06:01 PM
Post #906
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Piers @ Sep 9 2023, 05:30 PM) *
2. Let's say the Emma quote is real. She really did say she loves a song called If Ya Do. I kinda lean toward Emma's famously bad memory being at play. What if the song she meant to reference was If You Wanna Have Some Fun? Are we to believe that Jam and Lewis did three songs with the Spice Girls and two of them have titles that start with "If Ya/You". It still wouldn't be her worst memory flub...

Indeed and I think this is more likely - I imagine that the working title to it might've been If You Wanna and it's easy to see Emma saying If You Do instead.

As for Janet possibly working with them... I'm sure the idea was thrown around in the studio when they were with Jam & Lewis, but probably didn't lead to anything.

This post has been edited by tommie: 9th September 2023, 06:02 PM

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 9th September 2023, 08:34 PM
Post #907
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Would Go Go Go really have sounded like that?! It's AWFUL

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th September 2023, 12:27 PM
Post #908
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Piers @ Sep 9 2023, 06:30 PM) *
On the subject of If Ya Do...

I've heard that song title since the original third album rumors were around. But. I'm still not convinced it's a real song. To me, there are two strikes against it.

1. I'm convinced the fan sites of the time were full of made-up quotes. Did Emma really talk about a song called If Ya Do? Do we have links to legit articles where this was said...or are we having to rely on iffy fan sites at this point?

Because Forever had a last minute scramble to get Wasting My Time and the reworked Right Back At Ya recorded, I'm kinda of the belief that the album was already using everything the American producers had given them.

The one thing I'm 100% convinced of is that if the song exists, Janet Jackson is not on it. If Janet had recorded with the girls in that era, it would have been a huge story...not something relegated to a reference on some obscure fan site. I love Janet Jackson...but her choice in collaborators in that era were usually edgier artists than herself...seemingly helping her along in her musical evolution. I don't think a Spice Girls collab would have made sense for Janet (though I would have loved it). In her solo career interviews (and there is still video of this), Emma says she'd like to someday work with Janet...which would imply there hasn't been a previous working relationship.

Im not quite sure on the If Ya Do take to be honest, though I guess we will never know?... If Ya Do and If You Wanna Have Some Fun are different titles that have different propositions on their intentions...

About Janet - yeah this feels like just a rumour, a fan made rumour, though it would have been amazing!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th September 2023, 12:30 PM
Post #909
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I will never understand the Forever interviews being split into 2-girls each... Never. What a stupid ass decision that pretty much helped ending the project on a sour note.

One thing is when they were in separate countries promoting (even if that was already a shite approach). But here the four of them were clearly in the same f***ing building on the same f***ing day unsure.gif

I know they werent doing much promo, but the promo they did was so disjointed from WITHIN the group itself... it's wild.

What stupid approach blink.gif

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 10th September 2023, 12:31 PM

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 10th September 2023, 12:48 PM
Post #910
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 10 2023, 03:30 PM) *

But here the four of them were clearly in the same f***ing building on the same f***ing day unsure.gif

How do you know all the interviews were on the same day?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th September 2023, 08:11 PM
Post #911
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Sep 10 2023, 01:48 PM) *
How do you know all the interviews were on the same day?

Pretty sure Ive seen them in the same clothes here together, but I could be wrong. Still, same place and the interviews where the generic ones that were recorded to send to the press (so that the press can slot in their own interviewers asking the questions later). Similar thing that they had done before with the Spiceworld interview disk that would be sent to radios the world over to pretend they were giving 'interviews' to the radio stations, only this one was a video one.

It is extracted from here, a video tape of these interviews made by Virgin Records and produced by Sally Stratton to send to press:

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 10th September 2023, 10:42 PM
Post #912
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

A deluxe edition of Forever needs to come out with bonus 4-6 tracks tagged on + new cover please.

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 10th September 2023, 10:59 PM
Post #913
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 10 2023, 09:11 PM) *
Pretty sure Ive seen them in the same clothes here together, but I could be wrong. Still, same place and the interviews where the generic ones that were recorded to send to the press (so that the press can slot in their own interviewers asking the questions later). Similar thing that they had done before with the Spiceworld interview disk that would be sent to radios the world over to pretend they were giving 'interviews' to the radio stations, only this one was a video one.

It is extracted from here, a video tape of these interviews made by Virgin Records and produced by Sally Stratton to send to press:

Omg I had no idea they did generic interviews like that to pretend places were getting exclusive interviews!!! rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 11th September 2023, 10:21 AM
Post #914
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Moby Dick @ Sep 10 2023, 11:59 PM) *
Omg I had no idea they did generic interviews like that to pretend places were getting exclusive interviews!!! rotf.gif

To be honest, they weren't the only ones to do this, a lot of artists did that and it certainly wasn't exclusive to 2000, they did it throughout the 90s.

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 11th September 2023, 01:38 PM
Post #915
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Great SHADE by Mel C, popping off at puppet acts, like Westshite at the time.

Emma said they cane up with the melodies too. Is that true??

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 11th September 2023, 05:25 PM
Post #916
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 11th September 2023, 07:07 PM
Post #917
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Sacred3 @ Sep 10 2023, 10:42 PM) *
A deluxe edition of Forever needs to come out with bonus 4-6 tracks tagged on + new cover please.

That's all I want. Either that, or, some separate type of release with all of the decent unreleased songs we know of already, or think we know of.

I'd always be game for a new Forever cover to replace that drab one we got; but if they all need to be on board with projects, there's no way Gerita will support an era that didn't involve her. Geri.png

If we don't get anything for Goodbye25 ... it's a missed opportunity to close things out nicely. The title is ALREADY there for Pete's sake. They just need to do something ... and please, no more additions to hoodie-gate. punch.gif

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 12th September 2023, 04:21 PM
Post #918
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

They only gave us one unreleased track from Spice when we know there are plenty more outtakes from the album. We will probably get Woman and one more outtake that the girls are fond of and that's it for Forever 25.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 12th September 2023, 05:24 PM
Post #919
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

If we are going by the standards of Spice and Spiceworld, Forever25 CD2 will be only WOMAN as a unreleased track, and then one of the Holler remixes, plus one of the Tell Me Why remixes, plus Holler, Goodbye and and Let Love Lead The Way (Live 2019)...

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 12th September 2023, 06:03 PM
Post #920
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 12 2023, 05:24 PM) *
If we are going by the standards of Spice and Spiceworld, Forever25 CD2 will be only WOMAN as a unreleased track, and then one of the Holler remixes, plus one of the Tell Me Why remixes, plus Holler, Goodbye and and Let Love Lead The Way (Live 2019)...

You forgot the obligatory inclusion of the ALWAYS in-demand Junior Vasquez Remix of Wannabe. teresa.gif

Jay: if you're reading this, support me LOL

This post has been edited by Equinox8: 12th September 2023, 06:14 PM

+Quote this post

48 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th June 2024, 02:57 PM