BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> League of Gentlemen, Revival
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post 18th December 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

New episode of The League of Gentlemen starts on BBC2 tonight at 10pm. Looking forward to it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 19th December 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

It was fantastic. I'm so glad it's back.

There were so many moments that made me laugh out loud but they were all the less obvious ones. When Pamela Doove's voice came booming out of the radio to do the shipping report I about wet my knickers.

The whole set up with Pauline at the Jobcentre was amazing too. The only thing that made me recoil a bit was the inclusion of Herr Lipp. I think he could have been left out, given everything that has happened in the last few months. Sexual predators isn't where the jokes are at.

Other than that though, it was so enjoyable. Feels like it has never been away.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 19th December 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I was actually surprised that they'd brought back Barbara for the revival, as I thought changing mores since the series first aired meant they wouldn't risk including that character for fear of a backlash, but her scenes were some of the funniest, alongside that aforementioned Pamela Doove cameo, and my favourite, Mr Chinnery & the hedgehog. I do agree with you on Herr Lipp, I didn't find him funny before, only creepy, and now it just seems wrong. I also wasn't big on Papa Lazarou - his bits are funny, but not as show-defining as some would have him be, but it looks like he'll be back at some point.

As nice as it is to see the old favourites back, it would be nice to see a few new characters introduced in this revival, although perhaps we'll be seeing more of them tonight - I have a feeling the first episode was more of a gift for the fans, before bringing the story forward.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 21st December 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

So it's all done then. I enjoyed it but I would have done a lot of it differently. I would have swerved Legs Akimbo. That was painfully unfunny and way too long.

Devastated about Pauline. She's one of their best characters. They should have kept her in their back pocket for future stuff.

I also love Papa Lazarou as a character so I'd have liked more of him. The wife mine was amazing but his appearance and one line was too brief.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 23rd December 2017, 08:40 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

In heinsight its actually a nice ending for Tubbs. You’ve always felt that Edward held her back and was much more narrowminded out of the two.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 23rd December 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

“WE DIDN’T CUT THEIR FACES OFF!! biggrin.gif

I loved this. It was excellent. It was an iconic moment in the first episode when Tubbs put her face through the door blinds. Papa is terrifying. I loved Iris being in more or less the first scene too as she was one of my favourites from before.

Everything Reese and Steve touch is gold IMO - I also loved Inside No. 9 and, of course, the incredible Psychoville.

Just wish it would’ve gone on for another three episodes!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:22 PM