BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Legend of Tarzan, Summer 2016 | Alexander Skarsgård & Margot Robbie
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 10th December 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Alexander Skarsgård looking alright
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 10th December 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Margot Robbie as Jane wub.gif 2 summer blockbusters for Margo with the Suicide Squad next year

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 10th December 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I'm very looking forward to this one! Loved the Disney one wub.gif all you haters in the rate >>>>>

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 11th December 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Excited for this! The casting is excellent. It was odd when it was first announced that he'd be Tarzan as I thought he'd be a bit too skinny, but he's buffed up a fair amount and I think it'll work!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th December 2015, 02:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Looks good visually and it's a great cast.

Think I read somewhere Warner Bros are worried this will flop, like Pan did. And David Yates has already left the production. Awkward.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 12th December 2015, 02:26 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

It definitely looks like a flop to me, I'm getting very strong Hercules vibes (the Kellan Lutz one, not the Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson one) from that trailer.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 14th December 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This actually looks really interesting, like that they've gone for a darker tone like Maleficent/Jungle Book, makes it worthy of a remake unlike Cinderella (even though that wasn't too bad, just not massively interesting). I like the cast too and excited to see Jackson and Waltz in more stuff.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 14th December 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Looking forward to this, especially as Margot Robbie is in it who is really becoming one of my favourite actresses at the moment heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th July 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Overall a bit disappointed in this. I was really quite looking forward to it but I must say there is way less action than you would want or expect from a Tarzan movie. Was left frankly bored in places, just twiddling with my 3D glasses laugh.gif It's a massive shame too because there are nice high moments too, mainly the parts including animals, such as the wildebeest stampede or Tarzan vs Gorilla but there were just a massive amount of dull dialogue scenes in it too, also didn't find Skarsgård very charismatic or charming in the role and was much more interested in watching Jane/Margot Robbie light up the screen instead or Samuel L Jackson as comic relief. Wanting to watch Jane over Tarzan is never a really good sign, oops.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th July 2016, 12:54 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I actually thought this was decent. Wasn't anything particularly special at all, but it was better than I had anticipated after seeing the luke-warm to rubbish reviews and general opinion etc.. I thought the cast all worked well together and had a certain charm. I think a sequel could work out in their favour though and feel it could flow a lot more coherently if thought was put into it.

Decent and watchable, but not something you'd want to see again so soon. Maybe when it's down to like £4 or something on DVD/Blu-Ray. Popcorn filler. So if you have nothing else you want to see, it's worth watching (although kids under a certain age - maybe 9 or 10 - will get seriously bored.)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 17th July 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I was so shocked how much I loved this. It was just really fun and refreshing and the cast was great. Margot was fantastic and Samuel L Jackson was really enjoyable this! Even if it started a bit slow, it was fun and it felt quite nostalgic, really enjoyable heart.gif

9/10

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:45 AM