BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Darius Lounge, General Discussion Not About Darius | Non Darius Stans Welcome!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #1
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome to the Darius Lounge

A nice cosy place for off topic discussion. Mostly for Darius fans but anyone else can join in too!

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 10 2017, 04:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

I created it as you wished Baytree! This is just for any off topic discussion between the fans of Darius now on the Retro Lounge or "Darius's Sparabara" and anyone else who wants to join in!

Btw just noticed I did UltraReputation's style of doing a subtitle of a thread with all the words having capital letters without realising, her iconic thread subtitle style must be influencing me!

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 7 2017, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 7 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 334
   No Gallery Pics

Not Colour Blind.

What are retro forum's posters' favourite colours and

Do you often wear them.

Do they feature in your home decor?

Do they dominate in your garden?

I love strong colours...... all reds, deepest pinks and purples.

Also turquoise through all its hues.

My answers would be:-

Yes

Turquoise yes. The others as rare accents.

No.

This post has been edited by Baytree: Sep 7 2017, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

Oh my! That's quite a posting style and unique a bit like eden with her paragraphs!

I love turquoise and lime green plus dark blue. They are my three favourite colours. Started loving them after playing Rome Total War a computer game when I was a bit younger and seeing the country flag colours which the soldiers wore too (Armenia turquoise, Berbers light green and Numidia dark blue)

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 7 2017, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 7 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

You haven't answered the questions. Don't want to give too much away?

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #6
   No Gallery Pics

To answer your question, no I don't often wear my favourite colours apart from dark blue althoigh I have a lime green t shirt. No turquoise clothes sadly though.

As for my garden there are pink woodsorrel flowers and purple geranium flowers both of which spawned randomly, an orange poppy flower and a small tree with pink blossoms and a plant from the garden centre that I planted with red flowers. None of them are my favourite colours, but they are all nice.

I assume you have a big baytree in your garden, Baytree, you said your friend gave you one as a gift, how big is it now?

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 8 2017, 05:28 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Not very. It seems to be a slow grower. Maybe cultivated that way because it is designed for topiary. I'll probably be able to start getting it into shape next Spring.

The flowers in my garden tend to be mainly yellow, dark blues/purple and white. I'm going to mass plant bulbs this year I've taken out all the old ones. They were a bit haphazard. I''ll aim for a more organised look.

Those poppies get in anywhere. My side garden is chipped and I have lots of yellow and orange poppies all over it. I didn't plant them but I haven' t the heart to uproot them. Besides, the bees need them

I wear a lot of stronger colours because they suit me. Pastel shades and muted tones make me look tired and washed out.
Of the neutrals, I can only wear black or navy close to my face if I wear statement earrings or a necklace. I can't wear pure white. Shades of ivory suit me best.

I'm not being nosey in this thread. I just want it to be somewhere Darius fans and other Buzzjackers can talk without musical differences causing disruption.

This post has been edited by Baytree: Sep 8 2017, 06:15 AM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 8 2017, 09:05 AM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 8 2017, 06:28 AM) *
Not very. It seems to be a slow grower. Maybe cultivated that way because it is designed for topiary. I'll probably be able to start getting it into shape next Spring.

The flowers in my garden tend to be mainly yellow, dark blues/purple and white. I'm going to mass plant bulbs this year I've taken out all the old ones. They were a bit haphazard. I''ll aim for a more organised look.

Those poppies get in anywhere. My side garden is chipped and I have lots of yellow and orange poppies all over it. I didn't plant them but I haven' t the heart to uproot them. Besides, the bees need them

Poppies are as good as many planted ones though imo! biggrin.gif I actually found the orange one growing wild along the side of my street as a weed and took it home and planted it!

You should plant flowers in a design to look like Darius' face from above, that would be a more organised look! biggrin.gif Would be hard to do though!

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 8 2017, 11:48 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

You owe the naughty box a pound. You mentioned the big D word! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 8 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 8 2017, 12:48 PM) *
You owe the naughty box a pound. You mentioned the big D word! biggrin.gif

Oops well mentioning D is allowed a bit here but only small references like the one I did and not detailed discussion about him!

Would you consider my suggestion in my last post for the flower arrangement!

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 8 2017, 11:53 AM

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 8 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Oops posted twice when I edited.

This post has been edited by Baytree: Sep 8 2017, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 8 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely not. I can' t draw for toffee, far less do it with flowers. He'd turn out like King Kong!

I think we should start a new topic on this thread every 4 - 5 days to give others a chance to join in. What do you think?

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 8 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 8 2017, 12:59 PM) *
Definitely not. I can' t draw for toffee, far less do it with flowers. He'd turn out like King Kong!

I think we should start a new topic on this thread every 4 - 5 days to give others a chance to join in. What do you think?

OK! It should be just when we think of a new topic though not by regimented times! I want this to be run like the Off Topic Waffle thread on the Robbie Williams Forum.

Those poppies get in anywhere. My side garden is chipped and I have lots of yellow and orange poppies all over it. I didn't plant them but I haven' t the heart to uproot them.

You're lucky they are something as nice as poppies though! Unfortunately the self spawning plants in my garden tend to be big ugly dock leaves I have to get rid of often.

This post has been edited by Big Hiss Machine: Sep 8 2017, 12:12 PM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 8 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

What type of music/singers do you all of you Darius's Immortals on here like apart from Darius of course?

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 9 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Eclectic. I don't have a fixed genre.

Darius is the only constant.

You asked us on the AF "Why Darius?" and since then, I've been trying to work out if there were any clues in the music I listened to PD (Pre Darius)

I know that it was/is his voice which is paramount. The appreciation of the man and his range of talents came later.

This was the germ of an idea I had for the retro forum - the topic I didn't post.

Oops, that's 3 quid I owe the naughty box now!

This post has been edited by Baytree: Sep 9 2017, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 9 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #16
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 9 2017, 11:34 AM) *
Eclectic. I don't have a fixed genre.

Darius is the only constant.

You asked us on the AF "Why Darius?" and since then, I've been trying to work out if there were any clues in the music I listened to PD (Pre Darius)

I know that it was/is his voice which is paramount. The appreciation of the man and his range of talents came later.

This was the germ of an idea I had for the retro forum - the topic I didn't post.

Oops, that's 3 quid I owe the naughty box now!

Oh dear. Too many mentions of Mr Campbell-Danesh!

Do you like 00's dance music, Baytree, I am a big fan of early and mid 00s dance music! 90s dance is good too imo!

+Quote Post
SpamFritter
post Sep 9 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #17
Take me as I am....
Member No.: 321

Music of the past or present?

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 9 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SpamFritter @ Sep 9 2017, 07:45 PM) *
Music of the past or present?

Both types!

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Sep 9 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Big Hiss Machine @ Sep 9 2017, 05:14 PM) *
Oh dear. Too many mentions of Mr Campbell-Danesh!

Do you like 00's dance music, Baytree, I am a big fan of early and mid 00s dance music! 90s dance is good too imo!

As I said, I don't have a favourite type of music. However as I've been taking a look at the Now threads, I found that many of the tracks I remembered and which I could have happily chosen as the best on that volume were dance tracks.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Sep 10 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Baytree @ Sep 9 2017, 10:53 PM) *
As I said, I don't have a favourite type of music. However as I've been taking a look at the Now threads, I found that many of the tracks I remembered and which I could have happily chosen as the best on that volume were dance tracks.

Excellente! You sound like you have a varied music taste and don't limit yourself to a few genres which is good!

Btw completely unrelated topic but I wonder how Megham got her username. I don't think 'Megham' is used as a birth name but I am probably wrong! I am guessing she is called Meghan in real life but likes the 'ham' ending for some reason! Also is the meghamtoo youtube channel which I found lots of Darius performances on connected to her? I am guessing that is too much of a coincidence not to be!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:35 PM