BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Aladdin 2 •, Sequel to 2019's surprise smash hit in the works.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Feb 13 2020, 02:41 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Making a sequel to Aladdin is no easy task. At the end of the first film, the genie is no longer the genie. He can’t grant any more wishes. Plus, Aladdin and Jasmine are happily together. Where do things go next, after that perfect fairy-tale finale?

Disney hired a room full of writers to crack that task—and, according to Variety, after several months they’ve finally done it. Out of a group of writers who were working on various ideas, John Gatins (Real Steel) and Andrea Berloff (Straight Outta Compton) have been hired to write an Aladdin sequel which Guy Ritchie is expected to direct. Will Smith, Mena Massoud, and Naomi Scott are all expected to reprise their roles too, though since the script hasn’t actually been written, no one has officially signed on yet.

There’s no word what, exactly, on the sequel will be about, but “at one point the studio and producers were looking at other tales from One Thousand and One Nights, the collection of Middle Eastern folk tales that also houses Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves and Sinbad the Sailor,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The film will be a theatrical release and will offer a completely new take—so, sorry fans of The Return of Jafar (the animated film’s direct-to-video sequel), you won’t be seeing that in live-action. Aladdin grossed over a billion dollars in 2019 which is why the company is so excited to make a sequel. Hopefully, all the time and effort to come up with a fresh idea will spawn another diamond in the rough.
Article
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 13 2020, 02:47 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
My 2nd favourite live action remake from Disney. So much fun and a genuinely great conversion from animation to live! I'm really excited for this, especially as it's supposedly a completely new story and NOT Return of Jafar!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Feb 13 2020, 05:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
why do i feel like the plot will be something from the animated series but expanded to fit a movie length

(is it assumed that Genie gave up his powers when Aladdin wished for his freedom? at least i thought it meant that Genie could still use his powers, he just had free will rather than be chained to the next person who rubs the lamp, so he goes on a trip and then meets up with Aladdin every once in a while bc they're besties now)

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 13 2020, 06:56 AM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007
Did not expect this! ohmy.gif

Mena to return as Aladdin please <3

+Quote this post
Calum
post Feb 13 2020, 09:13 AM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Yeah, I wasn’t expecting this at all - really hope the original cast return because this was by far my favourite film of 2019, and one of the best live-action remakes wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM