BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Virtual Book of Hit Singles - "K", Part 46 - Kingsmen - Kyla
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
fchd
post Jan 14 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,639
I put in a line in one of my programs to trap ktchen in titles, but didn't do it for artists. I will have to rectify this for the next update.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 14 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Pete Quaife (The Kinks) died in 2010.
Crispian Mills (Kula Shaker) is the son of Hayley Mills who had a hit single of her own.

+Quote this post
fchd
post Jan 19 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Hopefully all the above corrections/additions taken into account, plus Kid Ink and Kodaline updated for their presence in this week's chart.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 19 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
The Kevin Kitchen issue appears to be unresolved. I've just edited your post for the time being but did you not add in the patch for artists with that word in their names or did it just not work?

Aside from that, I'm aware of the OCC's unusual crediting of the track but I've never seen any other source for Kristin Chenoweth being mononymous on 'Defying Gravity', or for Idina Menzel being uncredited (in fact Idina is usually listed as the first of the two artists). Something you may want to look into a bit possibly tongue.gif

Sian Evans of Kosheen had a #1 away from the group featuring on DJ Fresh's 'Louder'.

+Quote this post
fchd
post Jan 19 2015, 02:30 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Odd - the Kevin K bit looks fine on the text I copied and pasted from!?!?!?

I will have a look at the "Defying Gravity" issue, and certainly make the change re Sian Evans.

+Quote this post
The Hit Parade
post Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,521
Finally found my K notes, sorry they're late:

KLF - Some people have claimed that 'Ooh Ah Cantona' by 1000 Drums featuring Unjustified Ancients Of Mumu is yet another KLF pseudonym, and although the KLF have denied this, not everyone believes them.
Also, should Ricardo Da Force be mentioned since he features on almost all hits credited to KLF?

KRS-One - Spelling of "Dainja"
He also appears uncredited on 'Radio Song' by R.E.M.

PREEYA KALIDAS - Her first hit is from the musical Bombay Dreams

KAVANA - His real name is spelt Kavanagh

GORDEN KAYE & VICKI MICHELLE - IMDB gives her real name as Michelle Vicki Nathan

KEANE - Jesse Quin didn't work with them until 2008 and only became an official member in 2011.

R KELLY - Correct title is 'Step In The Name Of Love'

EDDIE KENDRICK - Also credited (as "Eddie Kendrick") on 'A Night At The Apollo Live' by Hall & Oates. The name change was allegedly for contractual reasons.

KENICKIE - Pete Gofton is also credited as Pete X on some releases. Shouldn't he be listed second alphabetically though?
(personal note: I was once insulted in the same tweet as him, which is the closest I get to stardom)

BRIAN KENNEDY - George Best A Tribute is an EP
'You Raise Me Up' by Brian Kennedy; 'The Long And Winding Road' by Peter Corry; 'Bring Him Home-Vincent (medley)' by both of them.

KICK HORNS - Lineup: Simon Clarke, Roddy Lorimer and Tim Sanders. I'm not sure which of them played on that specific track though.

KIDS IN GLASS HOUSES - 'Undercover Lover' also has a sleeve credit "featuring Frankie Sandford" [now Bridge]

KILLS - Jamie Hince previously charted as a member of Scarfo. He is married to Kate Moss, who has featured on a couple of charting singles.
Alison Mosshart also has some uncredited guest appearances, including one with Primal Scream (who also worked with Kate Moss)

CAROLE KING - Some sources list 'It's Too Late' as a double-A with 'I Feel The Earth Move'

KINGMAKER - Full title of their last hit is 'In The Best Possible Taste (Part 2)'

KINGS OF LEON - The first two hits are EPs
Holy Roller Novocaine: 'Mollys's Chambers', 'California Waiting', 'Holy Roller Novocine'
The only common track to all formats of What I Saw is 'Red Morning Light'

KINKY MACHINE - Johnny Bull and Louis Eliot later formed Rialto

+Quote this post
fchd
post Jan 27 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
All updated again to take into account the above, plus updated to last chart of January which enables Kygo featuring Conrad to be added.

Re "Defying Gravity" - the original source I used for my charts listed just Kristin, as does the last Virgin book and the OCC archive. Polyhex does to, but also adds her surname. I can't find any source that indicates Idina Menzel was credited on the chart, although I don't have a real primary source (chartscans data ends before this made the charts)

1000 Drums etc. - I will refer to this when I get to the "O" section

Kenickie - I put "brother & sister" as it just sounds better than "sister & brother", and then it followed that Pete would be listed first

Carole King - it looks like the UK version was as A side with a B side but the US release was treated as a double A side

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:52 AM