BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How many members on here actually stream music
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
fchd
post 30th June 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,639

Never streamed (apart from watching the odd one or two on Youtube).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
creed_777
post 30th June 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #42
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,054

meee blink.gif

+Quote this post
creed_777
post 30th June 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #43
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,054

ive never downloaded any type of music.. blink.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 30th June 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #44
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

I have not tried streaming yet. I either listen on Youtube when I have Internet, or listen to radio when I don't. Making an account on Spotify or Apple Music is too inconvenient for me, it seems trivial but I'd rather listen to music without the hassle of logging in (and I don't have a smartphone or tablet). Can't imagine myself converting anytime soon, really!

+Quote this post
richie
post 1st July 2015, 08:01 AM
Post #45
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 30 2015, 03:08 PM) *
You can seamlessly integrate your iTunes library - it's still the same programme! So you can still have your old faves that might be a bit obscure or not available on streaming services alongside new somgs and albums.

I mean you can integrate your stuff on Spotify too but only on PC, but I use it on my iPad which is annoying when things aren't on there and you can't sync them from your actual library drama.gif

Ah, ok. It doesn't really affect me, I keep the two completely separate - only use iTunes now if it's for something rare. Don't think there'd be enough space on my phone (8GB) for much music so better to keep it to streaming only.

At the moment we can have both though, I'll be livid if Apple try to force some sort of exclusivity to mobile devices as I like the way Spotify works. As for not using a streaming app due to having to log in, you only have to do it once and check the "keep logged in" option. It's really not difficult.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 1st July 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I don't stream because I HAVE all the music I want on iTunes anyway. All 400gb of it. I have a 128gb card in my phone too so I can basically just put whatever I want on there too. I don't mind streaming though, just where I live it's impractical when on the move given the lack of 3g/4g coverage (and I'm not going to PAY for it) and again when I'm at home, why bother, it's all there on iTunes anyway.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 1st July 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #47
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Well I had my premium account with Blinkbox Music for a fiver a month to listen to old music I liked until they went into administration a couple of weeks ago. So in short, no. And I doubt I will be streaming until there's a more justifiable way for me to max out £120 a year for the privilege. At least downloads were made more accessible when they first happened e.g. with the 7Digital text shortcode which I used quite a bit. Until the industry makes it accessible for all I'm not playing ball.

+Quote this post
GTH
post 1st July 2015, 10:19 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597

I use the free spotify, more to listen to new album releases to see whether they are worth investing in. Otherwise I listen to the UK top 50 playlist now and again. I still much prefer using my classic iPod and downloading the tracks which I really like onto it. I don't frequently spend loads of money on music, one month I might get 2 tracks (probably from the 59p range rather than something in the charts at the time), the next I could get 10 tracksand an album. Not keen on the idea of having another direct debit on my account right now as I am living on a budget. In time perhaps I will go over to a paid streaming service, but right now this suits me just fine.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:08 AM